PDA

View Full Version : Time to regroup

Yasgur's Farm
03-14-2007, 06:32 AM
1) Lance Briggs- Our 1st and TKO for Chicago's #1 and Lance Briggs.
2) Calvin Johnson- Bear #1 + our 2008 #1 for Cleveland's #1.
3) Michael Bush- Our #2 and Ravens #3 to move up in round 2.
4) Best LB available- Our #3.

Don't Panic
03-14-2007, 06:33 AM
I had that dream last night too!

Mr. Miyagi
03-14-2007, 06:34 AM
No Briggs and no Johnson. No way.

Don't Panic
03-14-2007, 06:36 AM
No Briggs and no Johnson. No way.

Wait a minute... you wouldn't want these guys in Bills unis or it is simply too much to give up (or too big a stretch, etc.)?

jamze132
03-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Unlikey but sounds good.

clumping platelets
03-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Time to wake up now

Night Train
03-14-2007, 07:14 AM
Briggs and Johnsons combined contracts would be in the 90-110 Mil range.

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2007, 07:15 AM
I think we should take our 3rd and trade it for Peyton Manning.

RockStar36
03-14-2007, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't want Briggs at all.

The people that hated McGahee and want Briggs need to realize what they are actually saying.

Yasgur's Farm
03-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Briggs and Johnsons combined contracts would be in the 90-110 Mil range.You're going for the shock factor here by throwing out the big numbers. If you look at it logically, from a yearly impact, you can begin to see how it is indeed possible...

Briggs contract would average $7M per year. As for the 2007 impact... we have the cap room... The question is, do we have the "cash to cap room"? I think we do but none of us know for sure.

Calvin Johnson's 2007 impact would be minimal due to the rookie pool number assigned by the NFL. Again, cap room is there... Is "cash to cap"?

OpIv37
03-14-2007, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't want Briggs at all.

The people that hated McGahee and want Briggs need to realize what they are actually saying.

How so?

The Bills drafted McGahee in the first round despite his knee injury and knowing he wouldn't be available for a year. Then they traded Henry so McGahee could start. And McGahee repaid them by getting less than 1000 yards, working out in Miami, and shooting his mouth of to the media. He was good for half a season at the end of '04 and did nothing in '05 and '06.

Meanwhile, Lance Brings has played four solid years at league minimum for the Bears. He made an immediate impact on the team, and the team rewarded him by offering a contract that was under market value, then franchising him and potentially costing him millions of dollars. Adalius Thomas got over $20 million in guaranteed money whereas the franchise tender is only $7.2 million.

McGahee was an underperforming player who stirred up trouble despite the fact that the team gave him every opportunity they possibly could. Briggs is a HUGE contributor to his team who never caused problems until his team made a move that directly cost him millions of dollars. I fail to see the similarity between McGahee and Briggs.

Night Train
03-14-2007, 09:37 AM
You're going for the shock factor here by throwing out the big numbers. If you look at it logically, from a yearly impact, you can begin to see how it is indeed possible...

Briggs contract would average $7M per year. As for the 2007 impact... we have the cap room... The question is, do we have the "cash to cap room"? I think we do but none of us know for sure.

Calvin Johnson's 2007 impact would be minimal due to the rookie pool number assigned by the NFL. Again, cap room is there... Is "cash to cap"?

I'm more worried about the upfront bonus. The actual final numbers over the entire contract mean little, much like the Dockery contract.

Dockery gets the bonus, with the first 4 years having a low yearly salary . It jumps in year 5, which he will never see without a redo.

So in reality, the Dockery contract is 4 years, 18.5 Mil.- 20 Mil. Not 7 years 49 Mil, which is only important to the agents ( attracting clients ). Dockery will never see year 5 of this deal.

That's why wingnuts lke Pat screaming about the 49 Mil means little to me.

L.A. Playa
03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Briggs much like Roosevelt Colvin is the product of playing next to Brian Urlacher who is probably the best ILB in football, he gets all teh attention which frees up Briggs to make plays.

If Briggs leaves the Bears he will not be worth the big contract he will demand and last time I checked though Crowell is a good player he is nowhere near the league of Urlacher

RockStar36
03-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Briggs much like Roosevelt Colvin is the product of playing next to Brian Urlacher who is probably the best ILB in football, he gets all teh attention which frees up Briggs to make plays.

If Briggs leaves the Bears he will not be worth the big contract he will demand and last time I checked though Crowell is a good player he is nowhere near the league of Urlacher

I'm glad someone gets it.

I like Briggs and wouldn't mind him on my team, but not for the amount of money he is asking.

Not to mention who his agent is. I'd rather not deal with it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I think we should take our 3rd and trade it for Peyton Manning.
Thats a little much. I was thinking a 4th for LT

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2007, 09:55 AM
We should take our 5th and trade it to the Bears for their 5th and Urlacher.

Devin
03-14-2007, 10:13 AM
:roflmao:

camelcowboy
03-14-2007, 11:18 AM
7th this and our 3rd next year for champ baily and travis henry

Earthquake Enyart
03-14-2007, 11:19 AM
7th this and our 3rd next year for champ baily and travis henry
Nice. Probably have to swap 3rds though. :::

camelcowboy
03-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Nice. Probably have to swap 3rds though. :::

I was thinking we needed our third to aquire Bill Belichick:idunno:

patmoran2006
03-14-2007, 11:28 AM
http://students.washington.edu/mbassn/mbalmer/archive_03/images/lucky_charms_med.jpg