PDA

View Full Version : Thomas' re-signing gives Bills stable CB quartet

Don't Panic
03-14-2007, 07:22 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/03/bills-thomas-resigning140307.html

"Some believe the Bills should select ex-Michigan Wolverine Leon Hall or former Pitt Panther Darrelle Revis in the first round of the draft to replace departed No. 1 corner Nate Clements, but that probably wouldn't be in the team's best interest. For in a Tampa 2 defensive scheme, the cornerback position is slightly overrated. More important is the play of the front seven, which is expected to apply ample pressure to the opposing quarterback."

Good insight... what many have been saying around here for a while. I'd say the earliest we take a DB is the Ravens pick, meaning we will fill three spots before that time.

Statman
03-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Ya gotta love how things are phrased in the media:

The Bills' run defense still appears shaky on paper

Not as if they looked shaky on the field or anything or as if the expectations that they'll look shaky again on the field this year given no changes.

Actually, my bad, they didn't look like they were even on the field last season.

Jan Reimers
03-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Good insight... what many have been saying around here for a while. I'd say the earliest we take a DB is the Ravens pick, meaning we will fill three spots before that time.
I agree. LB, DT and RB - not necessarily in that order - appear to be the logical top three picks on day one, but a case could be made for WR as well, perhaps with the Ravens' pick.

Don't Panic
03-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Ya gotta love how things are phrased in the media:

The Bills' run defense still appears shaky on paper

Not as if they looked shaky on the field or anything or as if the expectations that they'll look shaky again on the field this year given no changes.

Actually, my bad, they didn't look like they were even on the field last season.

Take it for what it is... as of right now, since no games are being played, the Bills run D looks shaky... on paper. Add a DT or MLB and it improves... on paper. We won't know if it actually improves until Septmeber, will we?

The Answer
03-14-2007, 03:15 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/03/bills-thomas-resigning140307.html

"Some believe the Bills should select ex-Michigan Wolverine Leon Hall or former Pitt Panther Darrelle Revis in the first round of the draft to replace departed No. 1 corner Nate Clements, but that probably wouldn't be in the team's best interest. For in a Tampa 2 defensive scheme, the cornerback position is slightly overrated. More important is the play of the front seven, which is expected to apply ample pressure to the opposing quarterback."

Too bad our front seven couldn't stop a NCAA division II rushing attack or The Answer would agree with this assessment.

~The Answer

Don't Panic
03-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Too bad our front seven couldn't stop a NCAA division II rushing attack or The Answer would agree with this assessment.

~The Answer

That's the thinking... address the front seven. If Okoye comes to us at #12, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see our first two picks go to that area (with the second going to LB).