• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Let me make sure I have this right

We've had two FA periods now since Marv took over. Our top FA signing last year was a DT (Tripplett).. We spent our first FOUR picks (Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson) last year on the defense; we've had this FA period to improve the defense.

And now we're going to spend our top draft picks again on defense and ignore our offensive needs?

WTF

We just spend $74 million dollars on the offensive line, and we're going to supplement that with a retread at starting RB, another retread at #2 WR, and a TE that not even the psycho Dan Snyder was willing to spend money on.

Some of you guys are crazy.

YOu draft Marshawn Lynch at #12. At worst you got a solid platoon situation like New England, New Orleans and Indy utlized last year. At best you have yourself a franchise running back.

YOu move back into the late first round and you get a guy like Sydney Rice or Dwayne Bowe. We have no weapons besides Lee Evans, you think defenses are going to worry about stopping A-Train, Peerless Price and Robert Royal? Please.

You want this team to contend? Then dont rot away your QB, star WR and improved OL with rejects at RB and WR.

Indy won the Super Bowl. They were 3rd in the NFL in offense, they were dead last against the run... last

New Orleans was one play away from the Super Bowl. They were 1st in the NFL in offense. They were 23rd in the NFL in stoppnig the run.

The Saints (who by the way were 3-13 in 2005) were successful for one big reason; they had TOO many weapons for defense to deal with. They had Bush and McCallister. They had Drew Brees. THey had COlston and a host of good other young WR's. Bush and Colston were both rookies by the way.

I never said ignore the defense, I said make offense this draft the priority.
    Lynch and Rice/Bowe would make this offense sick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Let me make sure I have this right

Your posts are becoming very ICE like.

And I disagree with New Orleans being one play away from the Super Bowl.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36

And I disagree with New Orleans being one play away from the Super Bowl.
      ice like or not..

Where in my post am I WRONG?

That's what pisses me off about some people on here.. I rarely get personal with anyone or take things personally.

But except for a handful of people,if they dislike the post or dislike the poster; the best they can do is muster up a masked personal attack on someone instead of answering the question or debating the topic.

And dont give me one of those sorry "its been posted 10,000 times" crap remarks.. It has not- because it wasnt until 2 days when I realized we're done signing FA's unless they're cheap and crap that I thought about the draft from an offensive perspective.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        ice like or not..

Between We've and sick.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

what concerns me is that the D was addressed last year and it didn't do any good, so now we're forced to either a) address the same positions in the draft that we tried to address via the draft and FA last year or b) address the offense and leave the holes on D as holes going into the season.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36

becoming?

the bills were a couple of plays away from a playoff birth. See the pats and Colts game.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

ice like or not..

I already told you.

New Orleans was more than a play away from the Super Bowl.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

lol.. smh

Comment

• BSU Drew
                  • Feb 2007

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BSU Drew
                  Forget about Jones.. A-Train and Lynch sounds like a good combo to me.

Cool.. I hope Lynch also knows how to play a little linebacker, DT and cornerback too.
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  Remember saying that???

You are all over the place.. First you criticize me for wanting Lynch at #12 and now in this thread you want offense? Make up your mind.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    Between We've and sick.
                    I expect nothing from you because except for sarcasm (which you're always corny to begin with) you never offer anything to begin with.

Comment

I agree with the notion not with the selections

For me, Lynch is overrated and would be a reach at No12, and I am not certain about Rice either

For me, I'd stick to the idea of drafting Amobi Okoye at 12

I would grab Brian Leonard in R2. This gives us options. He adds a load to run up the gut and has the speed to turn the corner. A decent blocker and receiver. And if we can get a RB stud in 2008 and I feel there are number of better RBs in 2008 than Lynch, we can move Leonard to a true FB role like he performed with Ray Rice. Plus Leonard has no character issues.

I would put our two R3s together and look to grab local(ish) lad Anthony Gonzalez. Not as big as Rice but big enough, a quality No2, enough speed, plenty of upside, a good route runner who has a strong work ethic and character.

As for the MLB question, Zak DeOssie should be available in R4, and he has the speed, intelligence, athleticism and size to be an asset in the Tampa2

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Some thoughts:

1. Marques Colston was a day two draft pick. Granted, he's the exception to the rule, but he's proof that the Bills don't need to necessarily trade up into the first round again to take an impact WR.

2. While I don't think A-Train is the answer, I do think he and a rookie taken on Day 1 (although not necessarily with the first round pick) can at least duplicate, but likely improve upon the Bills' rushing output last season. Remember, we had a first round draft pick at running back and he didn't do anything to improve the ground game. In fact, it regressed. So my point is we don't have to necessarily take Lynch to make a positive impact on the running game this season.

3. If, say, Okoye was drafted with pick 12, I don't think a DL of Kelsay, Schobel, Okoye, Tripplett (with McCargo and Williams as the rotational DTs) with Spikes, Ellison, and Crowell at LB is a bad front seven. Maybe you take a LB with the 2nd round pick.

4. A big factor that is being overlooked is the prospect of improved offensive line play. While on surface the guys we have may not look like world beaters, the prospective line of Peters (now entrenched at LT), Dockery, Fowler (1 year of starting under his belt), Whittle/Preston/Butler, and Walker (with Butler/Pennington being young guys that are learning) looks a lot better than what we've had the last couple of years. This will give Losman more time to pass, and hopefully open up bigger holes for the running game. While I agree that guys like Peerless Price, Robert Royal, and Anthony Thomas aren't spectacular, Losman (with another year under his belt of which he showed great improvement) should have more time to find these guys, and they'll have more time to get open. Remember, while everyone slams Royal, he was kept in to block on almost every passing down for the first 10 games or so. Only since Pennington improved a little did Royal then start catching passes the last few games, and his production increased. He did show some improvement at the tail end of the season. That's another receiver that's going to be out there running routes, another guy to cover. Factor in guys like Parrish who have another year under their belt, and I can see the skill position players on this team having better output next season that may actually surprise a few people.

Jon

Comment

• M
                          • Aug 2006

We've had two FA periods now since Marv took over. Our top FA signing last year was a DT (Tripplett).. We spent our first FOUR picks (Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, Simpson) last year on the defense; we've had this FA period to improve the defense.

And now we're going to spend our top draft picks again on defense and ignore our offensive needs?
                          I thought you wanted Okoye ...
                          Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                            I agree with the notion not with the selections

For me, Lynch is overrated and would be a reach at No12, and I am not certain about Rice either

For me, I'd stick to the idea of drafting Amobi Okoye at 12

I would grab Brian Leonard in R2. This gives us options. He adds a load to run up the gut and has the speed to turn the corner. A decent blocker and receiver. And if we can get a RB stud in 2008 and I feel there are number of better RBs in 2008 than Lynch, we can move Leonard to a true FB role like he performed with Ray Rice. Plus Leonard has no character issues.

I would put our two R3s together and look to grab local(ish) lad Anthony Gonzalez. Not as big as Rice but big enough, a quality No2, enough speed, plenty of upside, a good route runner who has a strong work ethic and character.

As for the MLB question, Zak DeOssie should be available in R4, and he has the speed, intelligence, athleticism and size to be an asset in the Tampa2
                            That was too much of an actual football-related response for some of these people.. Please never do that again..

Just call me a whiner or something

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              what concerns me is that the D was addressed last year and it didn't do any good, so now we're forced to either a) address the same positions in the draft that we tried to address via the draft and FA last year or b) address the offense and leave the holes on D as holes going into the season.
                              So if players don't excel in their first year they are failures? Why can't you understand teams are built not bought? We started 5 rookies on D last year. Give them a chance to develop Op. Were you as good at your job the first few months you were there as you are now?

Comment

Working...
                              X