• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

something positive.... ??

Here's something positive (and different)
    * I think that without question, Lee Evans is one of the top five WR in the NFL at this point.
    * JP Losman played like a Pro Bowler after the bye-last season. He threw for 11TD's and only 2 INT's in the Bills 7 wins, proving he was a large part of them. His rating was 108.0 in those wins. He was impressive within the division, tossing 7 TD’s to only 2 INT’s, and a 99.4 rating.
    * Derrick Dockery was a good signing, worth the money in my opinion.
    * We spent our first five picks last year on defense, so there is plenty of young talent there.
    * Jauron has proved himself to be a player’s coach and the team seems to play real hard for him.
    * Levy isn’t a rookie GM anymore.
    * The nucleus of the coaching staff has been intact for over a year now.

I bring this up for a reason; and people who know me knew this was coming.

Baltimore makes the playoffs at 13-3 after going 6-10 the year before… The Jets go 10-6 and make the playoffs after going 4-12 the year before. Philly goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs after going 6-10 the year before.. The Saints go 10-6 and make the playoffs after going just 3-13 the year before.

Chicago makes the playoffs at 11-5 after being 5-11 the year before… Carolina goes 11-5 and makes the NFC Championship game after being 7-9 the year before… The Giants win their division at 11-5 after being 6-10 the year before…. Tampa Bay goes 11-5 and makes the playoffs after being 5-11 the year before.

San Diego remarkably goes 12-4 after being 4-12 the year before.. Atlanta goes 110-5 after being 5-11 the year before.

The Point: “Rebuilding” is a bull**** term that gets thrown around too much. In this era of football, it doesn’t take years of strictly good drafting to become a playoff team.

For seven years running now, the Bills have been “rebuilding.” They are one of only three teams in the entire National Football League that has not made the playoffs this decade (Houston and Arizona) are the other two. Even the lowly Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins have made the playoffs since.

As everything at the top illustrates; there are NO more excuses to accept mediocrity. We entered FA third in cap room and we spent some good money on our biggest weakeness for years (OL). WE got our full coaching staff back, a GM who’s no rookie anymore, a ton of highly thought of young players, emerging studs in Losman and Evans; not to mention very good draft position this year as well as an extra first day pick.

7-9, 8-8, 9-7. Horsecrap. I just showed you how many other teams, some of them a hell of a lot worse than we were last year, make the playoffs just like that...

I don’t hope the Bills become a legit playoff contender. I EXPECT them to be one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: something positive.... ??

Are you bi polar?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Rah! Rah ! Rah!

Whaddaya think OP?
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

no, that wasn't me.

I do have to say this, though, Pat- you've been very critical of this team's moves (and I agree with a lot of what you've said), but you still expect them to compete. I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

IM critical of the team's moves because I EXPECT them to compete every year and they don't..

And now this time every excuse in the book that was cooked up last year (New coach, new gm, Losman is like a rookie, the OL sucks, the D has all rookies) is over with.

If anything I am *****ing even more because I expect more out of them now that the above stated excuses have expired.

So I DO expect them to compete for their division... I demonstrated in my thread, that teams who were far WORSE have done it.. Why can't Buffalo?

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

There are a couple things I don't understand:

I don't understand why people can't criticize individual moves or a collective philosophy without being called names and drawing childish personal retorts.

I don't understand why people evaluate the future of the team when we haven't even drafted yet, not to mention the preseason.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

I expect them to compete, no doubt.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

"I'm only happy when it rains...."

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

I expect them to compete as well....

For 3rd place in the division with the Fins.

Comment

• Statman
                    • Oct 2003

He expects them to be able to compete. Whether they do or not is a reflection of the management's competencies in that way.

I do believe that was his point.

In other words, if we don't, then the ones not being fair are those that want to continue to give them more time to do what really shouldn't have been that difficult to begin with. Those that are being fair are the ones that realize that it can be done with competent management and therefore want incompetent people gone from management.

Wilson would rather hire buddies that aren't suited for the job however than people he doesn't know real well but are more than capable of doing it.

So we're screwed as fans.

:)
                    Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                      I expect them to compete as well....

For 3rd place in the division with the Fins.
                      I couldn't disagree more.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Which is better than what I expect for the Browns...they won't even compete to get out of the cellar of the AFC North.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          So I DO expect them to compete for their division... I demonstrated in my thread, that teams who were far WORSE have done it.. Why can't Buffalo?
                          WTH?

Oh I get it. You want some love to get you in the green.

Here's a thanks.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Are you bi polar?
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                              There are a couple things I don't understand:

I don't understand why people can't criticize individual moves or a collective philosophy without being called names and drawing childish personal retorts.

I don't understand why people evaluate the future of the team when we haven't even drafted yet, not to mention the preseason.
                              True.

And this thread has little to do with opinion other than the actual positives I pointed out about the Bills from my perspective, and that I personally am expecting them to compete

The meat and potatoes though has nothing to do with opinons.. I just outlined 9 teams over the past three years that had as bad a record as Buffalo or worse make the playoffs the very next year. That's not opinion, that is a fact.

So where's the "rebuilding"? How do the Saints go from 3 wins to the playoffs? The Jets 4. Why are still accepting "rebuilding" as the excuse?

Comment

Working...
                              X