PDA

View Full Version : Schefter says....

Gunzlingr
03-14-2007, 06:47 PM
That if Adrian Peterson makes it past Cleveland, he could very possibly fall to Buffalo. He was saying that the front office in Cleveland has been pushing to draft Quinn. He said if that was the case, it could a dream come true for Buffalo.

jamesiscool
03-14-2007, 06:50 PM
That if Adrian Peterson makes it past Cleveland, he could very possibly fall to Buffalo. He was saying that the front office in Cleveland has been pushing to draft Quinn. He said if that was the case, it could a dream come true for Buffalo.

yes and no. we lost a back who in college was a top 5 pick vefore he got injured and never regained the speed that he had in college.

right now im a little irked by the thought that we may draft another injured RB. while yes he has made a full recovery and is good to go im still afraid. if we draft him cool, if he gets taken ahead of us im not guna be too overly angry whatsoever.

James

B-DON
03-14-2007, 06:51 PM
I still say he will be gone but if he is there at 12, i guarantee playoffs next year. You heard it here first. Peterson is that much of a game changer.

RedEyE
03-14-2007, 06:56 PM
It's quite possible. Hell Leinart fell to us last year. Who would of thunk that?

Mr. Miyagi
03-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Or it could be a smokescreen from Cleveland's FO.

capitolneal
03-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't like Peterson (because he verbally commited to Texas than went to Oklahoma... HUGE SIN) But as a player man he is the real deal speed hits the hole quick he is a difference maker but he has been hurt 2 of the last 3 yrs

Mudflap1
03-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Adrian Peterson should not be compared to Willis McHamSandwich. Peterson is proven, Willis had one great year at tha U and is a renegade misfit.

Jon

SpillerThrills
03-14-2007, 07:02 PM
yes and no. we lost a back who in college was a top 5 pick vefore he got injured and never regained the speed that he had in college.

right now im a little irked by the thought that we may draft another injured RB. while yes he has made a full recovery and is good to go im still afraid. if we draft him cool, if he gets taken ahead of us im not guna be too overly angry whatsoever.

James

while I agree with you about drafting another injured back, you have to look at their injuries...... Willis complete blew out his knee. Where Peterson, if I remember correctly, broke his collar bone.... with a broken collar bone, you can still workout and stay in great condition. with a knee your on crutches and hobbling all over the place, all you can really work out is your upper body. but no cardio. I definately wouldn't be against drafting Peterson though.... I was spectical about Willis, but he did seem to come back in good form, but his heart wasn't in Buffalo.....

Romes
03-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Peterson and Calvin Johnson would be the only 2 offensive players I'd consider in the 1st round. I am of the firm belief that this team needs to improve their interior front 7, namely with a stud MLB or DT in the first.

My top 3 for the Bills would be Branch, Okoye, and Willis.

That said if the Bills drafted Peterson in the 1st and Siler in the 2nd I'd be way more than happy :drool:

Mitchy moo
03-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Peterson and Calvin Johnson would be the only 2 offensive players I'd consider in the 1st round. I am of the firm belief that this team needs to improve their interior front 7, namely with a stud MLB or DT in the first.

My top 3 for the Bills would be Branch, Okoye, and Willis.

That said if the Bills drafted Peterson in the 1st and Siler in the 2nd I'd be way more than happy :drool:

This peterson guy is that good??

PISSCHUNK
03-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Couldn't have said it any better! Love those three defensive players but Calvin or Adrian would be nice!

Late

ShadowHawk7
03-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Or it could be a smokescreen from Cleveland's FO.
But why blow smoke when you're drafting at 3?
I still don't see it happening. EVEN if he doesn't go at 3, I can't see him lasting till 12. SOMEONE will use the BPA method, or someone else (pack?) will trade up.

YardRat
03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
I don't think he gets past Houston.

bigbub2352
03-14-2007, 07:53 PM
i think someone takes him before us, someone that probably doesnt need a rb, he is that much of a talent, the only way we got a remote shot, is if cleveland takes quinn at 3, and we trade up using our extra picks, and/or TKO, to get to say like 7 or 8 if he falls there. That bein said he is a a real good talent, has moves, has hands, speed, and a broken colar bone is something u can easily heal from, he played against top nothc talent in college, and has had huge games

U take him if u can get him hands down

Romes
03-14-2007, 07:56 PM

Yes.

Watch and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXgbotW02bs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwSVBX-rirM

Saratoga Slim
03-14-2007, 07:56 PM
schefter's one of the better sources around.

I'd be all over Peterson if he was there at 12.

Mitchy moo
03-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Yes.

Watch and enjoy

OMG your right, we need this kid to replace mr. u. He looks like a good receiver as well.

The Spaz
03-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I think he's a faster Steven Jackson.

The Spaz
03-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Actually I wouldn't mind Peterson and getting Rufus Alexander the LB from OU.

JJamezz
03-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes.

Watch and enjoy

Kid looks like he was shot out of a cannon when he hits the line of scrimmage... wow!

I'm curious, has that ever happened where the top RB taken fell out of the top 10?

Mr. Pink
03-14-2007, 08:34 PM
He's going to Cleveland...lol

He has great vision, cutback, balance, speed but the main thing I LOVE about this guy is he doesn't go down on first contact and runs through arm tackles.

Romes
03-14-2007, 08:42 PM
He's going to Cleveland...lol

He has great vision, cutback, balance, speed but the main thing I LOVE about this guy is he doesn't go down on first contact and runs through arm tackles.

Yeah, I agree. With all the skill and talent he has the odds are slim to none that he drops to the Bills.

IMO, he'll be the best RB the browns have had since that guy in your avatar was playing.

Nighthawk
03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Would love to see him drop to us, but don't forget, this is Buffalo...nothing ever goes the way we would like!

Jeff1220
03-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Schefter is just reporting what Kirwin put into his mock. I know Schefter is the best inside guy in the biz, but this is speculation that is very likely based on the mock draft. Kirwin works for NFL.com and occasionally appears on NFLN. Schefter works for NFLN and has articles on NFL.com. They're just pooling resources.

I hope it happens though. I wonder what Mayock has to say about this.

Mr. Pink
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I agree. With all the skill and talent he has the odds are slim to none that he drops to the Bills.

IMO, he'll be the best RB the browns have had since that guy in your avatar was playing.

Don't forget HOFer Leroy Kelly! Earnest Byner was also a very good RB, who unfortunately, is remembered mostly for one play in 1988 at Mile High Stadium in Denver.

Nighthawk
03-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Schefter is just reporting what Kirwin put into his mock. I know Schefter is the best inside guy in the biz, but this is speculation that is very likely based on the mock draft. Kirwin works for NFL.com and occasionally appears on NFLN. Schefter works for NFLN and has articles on NFL.com. They're just pooling resources.

I hope it happens though. I wonder what Mayock has to say about this.

I think we might want to listen to whatever Mayock has to say since he was dead on last year.

Jeff1220
03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I think we might want to listen to whatever Mayock has to say since he was dead on last year.

That's my point. And I'm surre that the next one by Mayock will also be reported by Schefter.

chubluv
03-14-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm curious, has that ever happened where the top RB taken fell out of the top 10?

I think we drafted Willis @23 & larry Johnson went to the Chiefs a few picks later.

chubluv
03-14-2007, 10:10 PM
I hope Cleveland takes Quinn @ #3. Not because Peterson might fall to us at 12, but that means the Dolphins cant draft Quinn. i think Brady is going to be a special QB in the NFL, and I dont want him as competion in our divison.

DraftBoy
03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
I agree with his guess at this but I dont see Cleveland passing on AD

Tatonka
03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
i will be honest.. i like ap alot, but i dont think he is that much better than lynch.

Ingtar33
03-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Peterson is an amazing prospect.

he also makes fred taylor look durable.

clumping platelets
03-14-2007, 11:10 PM

:eek:

Devin
03-14-2007, 11:22 PM

:rofl:

Tatonka
03-14-2007, 11:33 PM
sporting news has this to say about him.. really makes you think twice about how much better he is than some others. and by the way.. one thing that really irritates me is that 99 percent of those highlights are against absolute **** teams.. teams that make alot of running backs look good.

Adrian Peterson
RB, Oklahoma
War Room analysis
Inside running: Runs aggressively with the strength and power to break tackles and gain good yardage after first contact. Runs upright, however, taking plenty of hard hits. When lowering shoulders, gets physical. Runs over would-be tacklers with good body lean. Has some trouble protecting the ball in traffic. Grade: 8.5

Outside running: Lacks the burst to get to the corner; when getting blocking to get there, though, dominates as an edge runner with the size and strength to run through linebackers and defensive ends. Consistently makes big plays. Grade: 7.5

Blocking: Has limited lead-blocking experience. Is a liability as a pass blocker with poor technique and inconsistent effort. When working hard, has the size to stand up pass rushers. Grade: 4.0

Hands/routes: Didn't catch many passes in college, but shows the hands to make tough catches. Has the size, strength and athleticism to be dangerous after the catch. Grade: 7.0

Durability: This is a major question. Despite natural size and strength, struggled to stay healthy at Oklahoma. Couldn't endure a full season as a fulltime starter. Runs upright, and takes too much punishment; those types of runners tend to struggle to stay healthy in the NFL. Grade: 5.0

Bottom line: Peterson, a big, thick-bodied back, has the strength to be a dominant inside runner when aggressive and maintaining good pad level. He has the tools to be great on a power-running team. His injury history has some NFL officials worried that he might struggle to reach his potential, but Peterson still should be drafted high in the first round.

Tatonka
03-14-2007, 11:35 PM
ingtar.. what are your thoughts on lynch?

camelcowboy
03-14-2007, 11:45 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/media/dyn/preview/160x120/451370.jpgLynch

Tatonka
03-14-2007, 11:58 PM
i didnt mean what do you think of how he looks.. i could give a **** if he is little john or not.. all i care about is

1. is he a good football player
2. does he care about football
3. will he help our team win
4. can he stay on the field.

camelcowboy
03-15-2007, 12:13 AM
i didnt mean what do you think of how he looks.. i could give a **** if he is little john or not.. all i care about is

1. is he a good football player
2. does he care about football
3. will he help our team win
4. can he stay on the field.

I know im messing around, I like Lynch alot. I like him almost as much as Peterson, but the points 3, and 4 in your concerns he has some issues. His numbers aren't great against top flight competition. He has split time through out his college career with JJ. Arrington, and Justin Forsett, yet Lynch still had some injuries. So he is alot like Ronnie Brown in the since that we don't know if he shoulder the full load and stay healthy, but on the bright side maybe he doesn't have as much ware on him as Peterson. I think he will be a solid three down back.

Now hopefully i can post this with out the server crashing

camelcowboy
03-15-2007, 12:16 AM
oh, sometimes he dances more then just hitting the hole.

THATHURMANATOR
03-15-2007, 12:36 AM

James
How do you lose speed when you break your collar bone?

camelcowboy
03-15-2007, 12:54 AM

Is he a swimmer :idunno:

DraftBoy
03-15-2007, 07:55 AM
My issue with Lynch is that in big games he doesnt show up, and the fact that he has off the field issues. He has the skills to be a good back but I question if he can put it all together when it counts.

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 09:42 AM
what off the field issues does lynch have? i havent heard of any character quesitons with him at all up to this point.

so lynch doesnt show up for big games.. and peterson cant stay on the field.

sounds like draft a running back later then.

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 09:43 AM
those highlight videos show peterson gaining a ton of yards against crap teams too.. how did peterson do in "big" games? i watched the boise state game.. he played good.. but their run d is not exactly stout.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2007, 09:45 AM
what off the field issues does lynch have? i havent heard of any character quesitons with him at all up to this point.

so lynch doesnt show up for big games.. and peterson cant stay on the field.

sounds like draft a running back later then.

He was accused of sexual assault last year, but they determined there wasn't enough evidence to press charges.

Dr. Lecter
03-15-2007, 09:47 AM

He also blew his knee out.

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 09:47 AM
He was accused of sexual assault last year, but they determined there wasn't enough evidence to press charges.

... so it is guilty even after proven innocent.

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 09:48 AM

did he? wow..

he is a pussy

Saratoga Slim
03-15-2007, 09:54 AM
I believe the prosecutor said there were "grave inconsistencies" in the acuser's story. And there was a witness that said nothing happened.

I'm not concerned about that incident. I'm just concerned that he's a dumbass and very enamored with blinging around. I.e. eerily similar to the dumbass RB we just got rid of. My basis: one Sirius Afternoon Blitz interview wherein Schein and Wilcots cut him off after about 4 minutes and actually REPLAYED a Jerry Porter interview that they did earlier that same show to fill time. And that sports illustrated article from last season that someone around here posted a little while ago. Just my opinion, and take it for what its worth, I sure ain't met the guy.

User Manuel
03-15-2007, 10:01 AM

Yeah I think he is.

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 10:10 AM
I believe the prosecutor said there were "grave inconsistencies" in the acuser's story. And there was a witness that said nothing happened.

I'm not concerned about that incident. I'm just concerned that he's a dumbass and very enamored with blinging around. I.e. eerily similar to the dumbass RB we just got rid of. My basis: one Sirius Afternoon Blitz interview wherein Schein and Wilcots cut him off after about 4 minutes and actually REPLAYED a Jerry Porter interview that they did earlier that same show to fill time. And that sports illustrated article from last season that someone around here posted a little while ago. Just my opinion, and take it for what its worth, I sure ain't met the guy.

so schein had him on the radio and ended it early? why? what happened?

gr8slayer
03-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Lynch > Peterson

Romes
03-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Lynch > Peterson

:no:

peterson >>>> lynch

:respect:

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Actually I wouldn't mind Peterson and getting Rufus Alexander the LB from OU.
I love Rufus Alexander, what a great fit he'd be for this cover two defense

MarvLevy
03-15-2007, 10:43 AM
i want okoye

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 10:51 AM
These threads are nuts, because Peterson is NOTTTTTT going to be there at 12.. He's almost sure to be gone by 6 at the latest!

WE should be debating on if we want Okoye, Willis or Lynch, maybe even Branch.

If anybody says a CB i will hunt them down like an animal!

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 10:55 AM
again pat.. there was NO CHANCE that lienart was going to get to 8, and he lasted to 10 or 11 last year..

**** happens.. your an idiot to think that anything is impossible.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2007, 11:14 AM

When was that? High school?

Peterson has been nagged by injuries over his college career, but he never blew out a knee at Oklahoma. He had shoulder problems as a freshman, an ankle injury as a Soph and broke his collarbone last year. I'm not aware of anything beyond that, and certainly the combine showed he still has his speed.

There is little question Lynch beats Peterson in two areas, he is more elusive and he is a more polished receiver (although Peterson is said to have soft hands, but hasn't been used as a receiver as much).

However, as a pure runner Peterson is the best back in this draft by a wide margin, IMO. He has an unbelievable size/speed combination, he is instinctive and patient as a runner, and can wear down a defense and gain yards after contact. The only real flag on the guy is durability, because of his upright running style and his having some nagging injuries.

Peterson reminds me a lot of Eric Dickerson, and could have that same kind of immediate impact in the NFL. The guy is a big, strong, fast RB who you can build a running game around.

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 11:18 AM
again pat.. there was NO CHANCE that lienart was going to get to 8, and he lasted to 10 or 11 last year..

**** happens.. your an idiot to think that anything is impossible.
There were THREE quarterbacks who were top 10 projections last year, so of course 1 or 2 of them were going to slide. We picked 8th, and only 1-2 teams needed a QB last year. Tenny took one and the Raiders stupidly passed.

Adrain Peterson is the ONLY RB who's a top 10 prospect and unlike last year when teams above us didn't need QB. Cleveland, Minnesota, Houston and Atlanta would likely all take him if he's on the board.

I'll be rooting he slips, trust me.. Anyone who says they dont want him is just being homerish to degrade him because they know we wont end up with him.

He's EASILY the best RB in this draft, it's not even close and we have Anthony thomas as our starter right now.. Who would not want Peterson?

Dr. Lecter
03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Didn't miss a year after a knee injury?

JoeMama
03-15-2007, 11:30 AM
This mock has us taking Adrian Peterson too.

They briefly explain how it's possible.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/mockdraft.php?round=1&year=2007

DraftBoy
03-15-2007, 11:32 AM
... so it is guilty even after proven innocent.

Did we not all rag on McMicheal in Miami and call him a wife beater even though charges were never pursued where the hell was his innocent till found guilty then? You cant have it both ways.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Didn't miss a year after a knee injury?

Not that I'm aware of.

Shoulder injury as a freshman that nagged him but he could play with.

High ankle sprain as sopomore, he missed 6 games.

Broke his collarbone as a junior. No surgery needed, will heal fine like any other break.

TigerJ
03-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I like Peterson and I think he would be a solid pick for the Bills at #12. The risk with Peterson is not the broken collar bone per se, but the fact that he runs with an upright style that exposes him and makes him more vulnerable to injury than the RB who has a low center of gravity and runs with good body lean. Peterson's running style in fact might be compared to that of another running back we've talked alot about, Chris Brown. I'm not saying Peterson is another Chris Brownn and is going to have the same problem staying healthy in the pros that Brown has had, but when spending a high draft choice, it is an issue the Bills at least have to consider.