PDA

View Full Version : Possible full back?

camelcowboy
03-14-2007, 08:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CLE/10060644

Browns release Terelle Smith. He's a good lead blocker if i remeber correctly from his days with the saints.

Mr. Pink
03-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Don't let his number (42) fool you...he's a guard.

ESPN the Mag said that about him a few years back.

Outside of blocking though this guy brings nothing to the table...so if you want a blocking FB, he's your man...if you want someone more versatile to the offense, pass.

Personally, I loved this guy and am somewhat disappointed that he was released...and think he would be a great addition to our rushing offense and maybe help A-train get more than 3.5 ypc.

chernobylwraiths
03-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Don't let his number (42) fool you...he's a guard.

ESPN the Mag said that about him a few years back.

Outside of blocking though this guy brings nothing to the table...so if you want a blocking FB, he's your man...if you want someone more versatile to the offense, pass.

Personally, I loved this guy and am somewhat disappointed that he was released...and think he would be a great addition to our rushing offense and maybe help A-train get more than 3.5 ypc.

When you say "our", which team are you talking about? :D

Mr. Pink
03-14-2007, 08:37 PM
lol...I'm on a Bills board, so the Bills!

He was due a roster bonus in Cleveland and Romeo is in love with Vickers...so it only made sense to move him out. And seeing they moved him out before all the teams blew their wad on FA, he can still cash in one a decent contract. Classy move.

He was the FB for Ricky and then Deuce in New Orleans, and then Droughns in Cleveland. He has history with blocking for backs who gain over 1000 yards. He would instantly fill a need on this team and he's a player. Lunchbox type of guy.

chubluv
03-14-2007, 10:12 PM
I think we are going to draft a FB in the later rounds of the draft, and use Neufield as a FB/TE type player.