• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Proposal: Regarding Shootouts

I hate how winning the shootout gets your team another point. ONE POINT, that is huge considering how many teams get into per season.

I think, instead of rewarding a team with a point in the shootout.. how about the team with the highest win % in the shootout gets you home-ice advantage in the playoffs? The games would end in a tie, then the teams just play for home-ice advantage basically. Teams that are out of contention could play a role as spoiler, taking home ice advantage away from the best teams..

I dont know, it was just an idea because I dont like the idea of individual players winning you a point..its not a team effort like it should be.

And OT extended to 10 minutes, teams would also play harder for that extra point and go all out. Thus creating more excitement for fans.

Thoughts?
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Re: Proposal: Regarding Shootouts

I don't know about the points change, but I am a big fan of making OT 10 minutes.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

Leave it alone. Both teams have the same chance

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

I think that you should have 3 shooters on a shoot-out, if you are tied after that, the game should end in a tie. I bet they are going to look at 3 points for a regulation win.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would say just don't let Vanek take any more shots in the shootout

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

Kinda makes sense... would be easier to understand.. 3 points regulation win.. 2 points shootout win.. 1 point overtime/shootout loss
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

2 points for overtime win also?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

What happens currently if it's tied after the shoot-out??

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

After 3 players from each side go in a shootout, it becomes sudden death..

Winning a game in regulation is a bigger feat in my opinion, so therefore you should be rewarded more because you didnt need extra time for the win.

Therefore, 3 points if you win in regulation, 2 points if you win in overtime, 1 if you lose in overtime.

Comment

Working...
                  X