PDA

View Full Version : Why Peterson may be slipping

jpdex12
03-14-2007, 09:19 PM
I think that it was Pat Kirwin today explained that a lot of scouts are grading Peterson's short shuttle speed poorly as that is the measuring barometer to tell whether a RB has the ability to make quick cuts to get out of a tight spot. Peterson is around a 4.9 short shuttle speed. Ryan Kalil ran a 4.35 short shuttle...he is a center for USC...300 pounds! They are saying that Peterson may not be fast enough at the next level when making moves at the LOS and this could hinder his elusiveness in the NFL.

Interesting theory.

Thougths?

camelcowboy
03-14-2007, 09:26 PM
I think that it was Pat Kirwin today explained that a lot of scouts are grading Peterson's short shuttle speed poorly as that is the measuring barometer to tell whether a RB has the ability to make quick cuts to get out of a tight spot. Peterson is around a 4.9 short shuttle speed. Ryan Kalil ran a 4.35 short shuttle...he is a center for USC...300 pounds! They are saying that Peterson may not be fast enough at the next level when making moves at the LOS and this could hinder his elusiveness in the NFL.

Interesting theory.

Thougths?

Watch the game films,He's a great back. Too much hype on Measurables. I would love to see Kalil try to keep up with Peterson. But if teams want to avoid peterson because of some numbers then let them, i'd love to see him in a buffalo uni.

Slim
03-14-2007, 09:27 PM
He runs pissed off. The first guy that hits him will get knocked on his ass 4 times out of 5.

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Honestly I would rather have Lynch for our system, but I wont be pissed if we get Peterson.

Don't Panic
03-15-2007, 07:27 AM
I would take Peterson over Lynch 10 times out of 10. Just keep the A-Train warmed up in case!

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 08:14 AM
I hope a miracle happens and he does fall to 12..

There be 8-9 very sorry teams.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2007, 08:19 AM

Interesting theory.

Thougths?

We just got rid of a guy that didn't have enough speed at the LOS. I think Marv and Co. already have a running back picked out and it's not Peterson.

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 08:26 AM
They aint got Peterson picked out cause he aint going to be there..

Fine with me, I want Lynch anyway but I hope he keeps his helmet on at all times, even in the locker room and at community functions

Saratoga Slim
03-15-2007, 08:35 AM

Fine with me, I want Lynch anyway but I hope he keeps his helmet on at all times, even in the locker room and at community functions

:roflmao:

THAT was funny. I give up, I'll take Marshawn at #12.

The Spaz
03-15-2007, 08:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqMsT_2teus

OpIv37
03-15-2007, 08:43 AM
It'll never happen because if he falls to 10 or 11, someone will trade up.

jpdex12
03-15-2007, 09:27 AM
We just got rid of a guy that didn't have enough speed at the LOS. I think Marv and Co. already have a running back picked out and it's not Peterson.

I think that you are right Hurricane. I like Peterson but I just wanted to say a few things about why he is slipping. Kirwan confirmed it. He is a beast but as far as an all around RB I think that you can find better. He has the injury issue, he hasn't caught as many passes out of the backfield as would be liked and the short shuttle speed/slow LOS play are knocks on him according to analysts.

I like Lynch better myself but we need defensive help in the draft!

HHURRICANE
03-15-2007, 09:32 AM
I think that you are right Hurricane. I like Peterson but I just wanted to say a few things about why he is slipping. Kirwan confirmed it. He is a beast but as far as an all around RB I think that you can find better. He has the injury issue, he hasn't caught as many passes out of the backfield as would be liked and the short shuttle speed/slow LOS play are knocks on him according to analysts.

I like Lynch better myself but we need defensive help in the draft!

I appreciate the post. I wasn't trying to shoot the messenger. Unlike TD, I have alot faith in Marv and Co. so if Peterson was our pick I would be okay with it because he has more experience at picking talent than I do.

With that said I really see the Bills going D early so I really see a RB in round 2 or 3.