Dr. Lecter
03-14-2007, 10:01 PM
According to KFFL.

If signed, he solves the FB issue.

Ron Burgundy
03-14-2007, 10:09 PM
How do ya figure?

Dude's been on three different teams since 2002, and has seen action in two games in the last two seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302080

Guess he's better than having no fullback at all, but damn...he looks worthless.

Dr. Lecter
03-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Since there is nobody else out there, he is better than nothing. Unless they take a guy late (6th, 7th)

Ron Burgundy
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Gonna have to draft a FB, I think.

These guys look like ****.

Mr. Pink
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Terrelle Smith!

Can we stop signing scrub players? please.

camelcowboy
03-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Part of me doubts the role of the fullback in this offense. I saw alot of two tightends last year. I think they just might roll with that.

DraftBoy
03-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Jamar Martin was a beast coming out and went to a team who never used a traditonal FB, he is the Sam Gash mold of FB. He could be a great under the radar signing.

The Spaz
03-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm not even sure how we use a FB in this offense.

acehole
03-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Why do you assume they will use him at FB?
Could be a decent tailback....

According to KFFL.

Ron Burgundy
Jamar Martin was a beast coming out and went to a team who never used a traditonal FB, he is the Sam Gash mold of FB. He could be a great under the radar signing.
He busted his knee up though. Bypass, bypass.

Slim
I'm not even sure how we use a FB in this offense.

To block for the running back. :str8face:

camelcowboy
Why do you assume they will use him at FB?
Could be a decent tailback....:ill:

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Sounds like a downgrade from Shelton. No thanks.

evol4276
03-14-2007, 10:44 PM
who?

Slim
03-14-2007, 10:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/martin_jamar.htm
ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a thick, compact frame with solid arms, hips and thighs … Has the short-area explosiveness to gain advantage on the defender as a lead blocker … Shows the strong forearms needed to sustain his blocks in pass protection and delivers a crunching hand punch to jolt his man back … Very light on his feet, displaying good acceleration to the perimeter … quick to get out front and cut block the linebackers on the move.
Negatives: More of a straight-line runner, showing poor hip snap and wiggle … Lacks the ability to find the rush lanes, as he tends to run with his head down, which results in balance problems … Does not have the leg drive needed to consistently break tackles … Shows no explosion when getting to the second level (loses steam past the line of scrimmage) … Will sometimes get careless running with the ball and needs to do a better job of shifting the pigskin away from the defender … Shows overall body stiffness trying to adjust to the ball in passing situations, as he rarely opens his hips … More of a body catcher who fights for the ball too much due to poor hands … Works well as a lead blocker, but does not pick up the blitz properly, appearing helpless as he stands around due to poor play recognition … Loses his balance quite a bit running to the outside … May be too top-heavy to maintain a proper leg base.

CAREER NOTES
Co-captain who is big, strong, tough, talented and packs a wallop when he hits, whether carrying the ball or clearing the way for one of the tailbacks … A complete football player and one of the most underrated players on the team … Has been used chiefly as a blocker throughout his career, but is also regarded as a fine receiver … Build is in the mold of some of the great Ohio State fullbacks of the past … Finished his career with 61 carries for 226 yards (4.0 avg) and four touchdowns in 47 games (29 starts) … Caught 22 passes for 211 yards (9.6 avg) and a pair of scores.

The Spaz
03-14-2007, 10:45 PM
To block for the running back. :str8face:

You sure?:rrich: :oops:

Slim
03-14-2007, 10:52 PM
You sure?:rrich: :oops:

It was an ******* comment on my part.

Tatonka
03-14-2007, 11:12 PM
is shelton no longer on the team?

i mean i know he is not great, but he can do his job.

camelcowboy
03-14-2007, 11:19 PM

Once you start having head issues and neck problems at his age he is no good as a fullback. He went on ir last year right?

The Spaz
03-14-2007, 11:20 PM

I think he was cut last year.

jamze132
03-15-2007, 06:56 AM
If we can bring the guy into camp with him knowing that he has to prove himself and make the squad as a FB, then by all means, let him come in. If we have a TE who can do a better job, then release Martin, no problems.

casdhf
03-15-2007, 06:59 AM
Shelton was a UFA

!Papacrunk!
03-15-2007, 07:02 AM
Unless he's changed, he wasn't really anything special for us, back in '04. You know, 4-12 '04?

Talk0fNewYork
03-15-2007, 08:07 AM
It's a fullback, shelton wasn't **** but he stayed for 3 years.

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Shelton is a FA, and he's been told we're not bringing him back.

and Id rather draft a FB than sign this guy. I'm so tired of retread signings here.

Who is the FB that Shelton beat out last year, he was a former Raven I think.

Mr. Pink
03-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Alan Ricard

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 08:19 AM
I like having a FB with good hands that JP can dump the ball off too.

Shelton had ROCK hands, I dont want anyone like that

HHURRICANE
03-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Since there is nobody else out there, he is better than nothing. Unless they take a guy late (6th, 7th)

Cieslak??

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Shelton sucks.

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Bull**** there's nobody out there.

Patrick Pass (NE) and Verron Hayes (Pitt) are both fullback with EXCELLENT hands . Either would be better than this clown.

Losman likes to dump the ball off (which is a good thing) and the Bills like to run play action to the FB. Why they did it with Shelton I'll never know, but Pass and Hayes would be great for that role.

Gunzlingr
03-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Shelton sucks.

According to the Ravens fans, He is going to be the greatest fullback ever while Blocking for Willis.

Saratoga Slim
03-15-2007, 08:41 AM
I'd like to see a FB with hands or a decent TE in here. If we had a decent safety outlet for JP to look to, I'd be less concerned about our ugly stephcildren at the #2 WR position.

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 08:45 AM
Maybe they draft Leonard early at FB?

Love the guy, dont think its a luxury they can afford though

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2007, 08:57 AM
According to the Ravens fans, He is going to be the greatest fullback ever while Blocking for Willis.
According to Ravens fans, Willis is the second coming of Jim Brown.

You should have heard them on the radio the day of the trade. Willis only got 990 yards because there were always 11 guys in the box because JP scares no one. They could not name one Bills WR.

Ickybaluky
03-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Has anyone heard anything about Jerald Sowell?

I always liked the guy with the Jets. He was a hardworking, versatile guy. He was a pretty good blocker for Curtis Martin and good receiver for a FB, and he was one of the Jets better ST players. After 3 solid seasons with the Jets he signed with Tampa Bay last year and didn't do much. He was hurt much of the season, nothing major (I think a shoulder) but enough to nag him.

I know he is an UFA and I haven't heard of his signing anywhere. He is getting older (33), but he could probably be had for a 1 Yr/minimum deal. Seems like someone should bring him to camp.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2007, 09:17 AM
According to Ravens fans, Willis is the second coming of Jim Brown.

You should have heard them on the radio the day of the trade. Willis only got 990 yards because there were always 11 guys in the box because JP scares no one. They could not name one Bills WR.

He did ground out 23 hard ones in their own stadium so he's use to performing well there.

We all know what they are getting. It's not like he was constantly getting stuffed at the line. We saw him get into the open field only to get brought down by the slightest contact. We saw his hesitation at the line that they couldn't coach out of him. Missed blocks, missed assignments. Quite honestly this is why Langston Walker scares me. The fans usually know what they are watching.

B-DON
03-15-2007, 10:40 AM
all the knocks on this guy seem to be with running the ball. Doesnt sound like a babd run blocker and could use some work on his pass blocking. Nice training camp competition. I love how they say he hits like a beast. Could be a great special teams player if he knows how to tackle decently.

TigerJ
03-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Shelton caught and dropped a few passes for the Bills, but his primary role was as a blocker. I assume that's who they'll use the next FB they sign. If this guy has learned how to do blitz pickup, he could be just what the Dr. ordered. The fact that he can't run isn't very important to the Bills. They should sign this guy and a couple undrafted free agents and let them compete in training camp.

Bert102176
03-15-2007, 01:17 PM

he is an UFA and we told him we wouldn't sign him back, and I thing he signed with the Ravens

Bert102176
03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Bull**** there's nobody out there.

Patrick Pass (NE) and Verron Hayes (Pitt) are both fullback with EXCELLENT hands . Either would be better than this clown.

Losman likes to dump the ball off (which is a good thing) and the Bills like to run play action to the FB. Why they did it with Shelton I'll never know, but Pass and Hayes would be great for that role.

a good recieving FB is great but we need someone that can block also