PDA

View Full Version : Peterson is scarry, not in a good way

X-Era
03-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Im leary on this guy. Hes all world or all bust.

Take a look at his stats on stats.com

I dont think hes played all 16 games in his college career. Furthermore, they show a decline in his yards each year.

He can play, hes got the speed, but durability is a watchout here with him.

I just dont want a Lamborghini thats always in the shop.

kernowboy
03-15-2007, 06:44 AM
KiJana Carter springs to mind

jamze132
03-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Anyone in the draft could be a bust or a steal. You just don't know, since it's such a crap shoot. Perterson does definetly raise some red flags though such as the ones that were just mentioned. My preference has always been Patrick Willis at #12, but if Peterson is still available, it will be hard not to take him. If he could only stay healthy, he could be the next Shaun Alexander.

Don't Panic
03-15-2007, 07:05 AM
I don't know... the last time we took a RB from a school in Oklahoma who was "injury-prone" and slid on draft day it worked out pretty well for us (I still remember the live shot ESPN had of Thurm in his living room... waiting... waiting...).

The Spaz
03-15-2007, 07:41 AM
The guy is a "gamebreaker." I would take him in a heartbeat.

THATHURMANATOR
03-15-2007, 07:58 AM
I would love to have him on our team. 2 Atrains!

TacklingDummy
03-15-2007, 08:02 AM
KiJana Carter springs to mind

:up:

He will never get past Houston.

Canadian'eh!
03-15-2007, 08:05 AM
Im leary on this guy. Hes all world or all bust.

Take a look at his stats on stats.com

I dont think hes played all 16 games in his college career. Furthermore, they show a decline in his yards each year.

He can play, hes got the speed, but durability is a watchout here with him.

I just dont want a Lamborghini thats always in the shop.

you're nuts.... Maybe Lynch but Peterson has MAD talent. As sure-fire as Reggie Bush is.

Romes
03-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Maybe he never played 16 games because the college season is only 13 games. :idunno:

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 08:13 AM
we aint gonna have to worry about it, because he aint going to be there at 12.

don137
03-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Anything can happen on draft day. I remember a day way back in 1988 when a running back from Oklahoma State was labeled injury prone with a bum knee. He fell all the way to the #40th pick in the second round. The running back coach of the Bills at the time (I forgot who it was, it may be Elijah Pitts) said the Bills need to draft this guy. The coach and GM were very reluctant but gave in...the guy Thurman Thomas. Oh, and THurman was anything but injury prone in the NFL.
Who knows Petersen could be the next Thurman. He has the mentality of Thurman of never giving up and also driving for that extra yard that's for sure. Not sure if he will fall to #12 or if he does the Bills will take him but anything can happen.