PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Todd McShay says Russell has best QB Pro Day ever!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2007, 07:54 AM
Forked from: Todd McShay says Russell has best QB Pro Day ever!!!! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1890928)

Im sorry but I dont think judging one's intelligence based on their speech patterns is a good idea. Vince Young is quite articulate when speaking yet his wonderlic score leaves much to be desired. Then again a guy like Chad Johnson who some would say "doesnt speak right" is incredibly bright esp in the football knowledge department. To judge a guy's smarts by his speech doesnt make any sense to me, consider his on the field decision making is good, his ability to read a defense is good, he has no off the field issues, so he's of good character. So I dont see any merit in taking a pot shot at a guy for no reason other than he doesnt speak in the same manner in which you do.

I just finished reading Third and Long which is about the early black QB's. The main reason I bought it was that old time Bills players had a major part in it, mainly Marlin Briscoe and James Harris. I had no idea what these guys went through. It said that before James Harris came to the Bills, he had never even spoken to a white person before. He was really bewildered and lost, and if it weren't for guidance from Eddie Robinson, he may have never come here.

As I've said before here, in all my years of watching football, I've never seen a man throw a football like James Harris. The starting job was his in Buffalo for a while until he got injured, then he left whan Saban came. This book did evertything but call Saban a racist. Marlin Briscoe hated him and was very bitter about it.

Anyhow, it's a good book with a lot of Bills stuff in it. I know I learned a lot.