PDA

View Full Version : Non-1st Round RBs

Saratoga Slim
03-15-2007, 10:57 AM
It sounds pretty certain that we're going to nab at a RB at some point in the draft. We've talked the hell out of Lynch and Peterson, but there's a very good chance that Peterson doesn't fall and we pass on Lynch.

Assuming that happens, what're everybody's preferences for non-1st round RBs?

I'd like to see us grab either Michael Bush, Kenny Irons or Antonio Pittman, in that order.

nfl.com has extroardinarily detailed prospect reports on each, if anyone hasn't been there already. I like their profiles much better than a lot of the other free draft sites. From what they have to say, Kenny Irons sounds a lot like Travis Henry.

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 10:59 AM
did bush work out at his pro day yet? anyone?

Jaybird
03-15-2007, 11:01 AM
what about walker from notre dame...i feel like hes got a good nfl game

kernowboy
03-15-2007, 11:03 AM
I still think Brian Leonard can be a starting RB in the league and not only this he has the versatility to also be on the field when we require a H Back or a Full Back. He'd be an absolute steal in the 2nd

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 11:03 AM
he has his own specific Pro Day, I think on March 26

Mahdi
03-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Its scheduled for March 28th.....

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 11:04 AM
what about walker from notre dame...i feel like hes got a good nfl game
So do I.. Apparently nobody else does though.

I had him going to Buffalo in round three of my initial mock draft
1) Okoye
2) Rufus Alexander
3) Walker

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 11:05 AM
maybe im wrong.. I look at Walker and see a lot of former ND back, Ricky Watters.

Kenny
03-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Louisville's pro day is in the last week of March (26th)

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Well
Kenny Irons, Antonio Pittman, Tony Hunt,Michael Bush and Darius Walker are the next wave of RB's ..

Out of them, Its either Irons or Walker for me. Bush scares me too much, at least right now anyway

Kenny
03-15-2007, 11:15 AM
I'd like to give Irons a try if he's still there with our second 3rd..

I wont go into a long rant, -but I just dont like Bush (and it has nothing to do with that broken leg).

DraftBoy
03-15-2007, 11:20 AM
maybe im wrong.. I look at Walker and see a lot of former ND back, Ricky Watters.

How do you see Watters from Walker? Watters had speed, heart and determination. Walker has power and thats about it. He'd be a waste of a draft pick.

DraftBoy
03-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Chris Henry, Eldra Buckley are two Day 2 guys who we should look at

Kenny
03-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Chris Henry, Eldra Buckley are two Day 2 guys who we should look at

w/ his combine numbers Henry may go in R3.

Just out of curiosity, what was Jerious Norwood's college production numbers? (wondering if he's a good comparison... or not)

Romes
03-15-2007, 11:26 AM
What are the chances that Chris Henry is the next Terrell Davis?

Is there any comparison between the two other than they had mediocre/poor college careers?

kernowboy
03-15-2007, 11:32 AM
err ... Brian Leonard?

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 11:35 AM
How do you see Watters from Walker? Watters had speed, heart and determination. Walker has power and thats about it. He'd be a waste of a draft pick.
Ricky Watters comparison in regards that he's also excellent coming out of the backfield.

He ran for 1267 yards last year and would've ran for a lot more had Weiss not tried to make it all about Brady Quinn everytime they played a good team.. He had only 11 carries against USC and 14 against Michigan.

He also had 56 receptions coming out of the backfield, and if you watched ND get ass pounded by LSU in the Sugar Bowl, you'll remember Walker was the only one for the irish who actually showed up to play (122 yds rushing)

I'd be fine with him in the third round, no doubt.
What I wouldnt be fine with is a second day draft project; nothing against guys you mentioned but I want a guy who's going to come in and contribute right away. I think Walker is more pro-ready than a lot of the second tier RBs

TigerJ
03-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I think Pittman is a pretty talented runner, but I saw one scouting report that implied he never saw a block he didn't whiff on. Buffalo has to have a running back who will block, period. I like Brandon Jackson's upside out of Nebraska, also Justin Vincent out of LSU though his career has steadily gone downhill. My super sleeper is Justise Hairston who may go undrafted.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-15-2007, 11:41 AM
If they decide to wait on a RB I really like DeShawn Wynn from Florida. I don't know, everytime I seen this kid play he was pretty good. I also like kids from Ohio.

THATHURMANATOR
03-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I still think Brian Leonard can be a starting RB in the league and not only this he has the versatility to also be on the field when we require a H Back or a Full Back. He'd be an absolute steal in the 2nd
I am no expert on the guy but I have heard multiple draft gurus on WGR lately and Leonard was brought up to all of them and none of them thought he could handle being a feature back. They all liked him as a FB "hybrid" though.

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2007, 12:05 PM
How about Garrett Wolfe? Talk about change of pace back.

Saratoga Slim
03-15-2007, 12:17 PM
How about Garrett Wolfe? Talk about change of pace back.

isn't that guy 5'7"? he's going to need a stack of phone books to see over Dockery and Walker. what if they step on him by accident

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2007, 12:21 PM
He's super quick though. Would be a great change of pace. Same college as Michael Turner.

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2007, 01:30 PM
After the top two previously mentioned, I would take Irons, then Brandon Jackson, then Pittmann in that order. I don't think the play styles of Bush and Leonard would fit well in our system or with Atrain's style.