PDA

View Full Version : ESPN INSIDER

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Does anyone here have ESPN Insider? I dont.

I was interested in seeing what Mel Kiper's first round mock is looking like right now, and also I wanted to see who he has currently ranked 3-5 among RB prospects.

DraftBoy
03-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Does anyone here have ESPN Insider? I dont.

I was interested in seeing what Mel Kiper's first round mock is looking like right now, and also I wanted to see who he has currently ranked 3-5 among RB prospects.

I do, gimme a sec

DraftBoy
03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Mock;
Russel
Quinn
Peterson
Johnson
Thomas
Adams
Landry
Hall
Brown
Anderson
Jarrett
Okoye <----Our Pick

RB:
Peterson
Lynch
Jackon
Bush
Irons
Pittman
Hunt
Walker
Wright
Booker
Darby
Wynn

Kenny
03-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Mock;
Russel
Quinn
Peterson
Johnson
Thomas
Adams
Landry
Hall
Brown
Anderson
Jarrett
Okoye <----Our Pick

RB:
Peterson
Lynch
Jackon
Bush
Irons
Pittman
Hunt
Walker
Wright
Booker
Darby
Wynn

Is Jackson that good? Worthy of a 2nd rounder?

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2007, 12:05 PM
nfldraftscout.com (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2007&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC) has...

Peterson
Lynch
Bush (dropping)
Leonard
Hunt

With the exception of Peterson dropping to us at 12... I'd like Bush, Leonard or Hunt in round 2.

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I like Irons right now more than any of them if we use a 2nd on a RB... if a third, then I think I still like Walker.

gil
03-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I found it interesting that he had us passing on Branch (he had him going at 13 or 14) - I know Okoye is supposed to be real good and our scheme calls for faster guys, but could we really pass up a big DT again? (I know, it's almost rhetorical)

Saratoga Slim
03-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I like Irons right now more than any of them if we use a 2nd on a RB... if a third, then I think I still like Walker.

I'm liking Irons myself. I'm nostalgic for Travis Henry, and they sound like they have a similar style

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I found it interesting that he had us passing on Branch (he had him going at 13 or 14) - I know Okoye is supposed to be real good and our scheme calls for faster guys, but could we really pass up a big DT again? (I know, it's almost rhetorical)Round 1 is gonna be real interesting... I think we're gonna go BPA out of...
Calvin Johnson
Robert Meachem
Adrian Peterson
Patrick Willis
Paul Posluszny
Alan Branch
Amobi Okoye

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Dude Calvin Johnson may be the first pick in the draft, 4th at the absolute worst. You can forget about him.

Peterson and Branch almost sure to be gone.

Okoye and Willis are absolute possibilities, and the money says one of them two are our top pick.

Paul Pos? are you kidding me? I'd rather throw a uniform on Skooby and have him play LB than draft him in round one.

He's WAY to slow especially for a cover two. He'd be about the worst possible draft pick we could ever make.

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2007, 12:33 PM
I thought Leon Hall would be the worst?

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 12:34 PM
YOu win.. flip a coin

DraftBoy
03-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Irons is a back I think we could land in Round 3 and be a successful

Earthquake Enyart
03-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I think Irons will be a 2nd rounder.

The King
03-15-2007, 12:42 PM
If we let Willis fall to NE we shoved our foot up our own ass.

Bert102176
I have it

Bert102176
I have it

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Meachem could be had with our early 2nd IMO..

I'd much rather have Branch than Okoye, and actually would rather have Willis over Okoye as well. I'm thinking Peterson > Branch > Willis > Lynch > Okoye... > pile of !@#$ > Leon Hall round 1.
Okoye is feel good story right now that is slightly overrated at this point IMO. Branch will be more effective at least in beginning of their careers.

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree Branch will be better early on..

Okoye is a guy that will be better for the long haul, but dont expect much out of him in 2007.. He's only 19.

I really want a guy that will be an upgrade somewhere from the second his name is announced.

Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I truly feel that Willis is going to be the pick.

The Spaz
03-15-2007, 01:34 PM
I think it will be Okoye, Willis or Lynch barring any trades.

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
Dude Calvin Johnson may be the first pick in the draft, 4th at the absolute worst. You can forget about him.

Peterson and Branch almost sure to be gone.

Okoye and Willis are absolute possibilities, and the money says one of them two are our top pick.

Paul Pos? are you kidding me? I'd rather throw a uniform on Skooby and have him play LB than draft him in round one.

He's WAY to slow especially for a cover two. He'd be about the worst possible draft pick we could ever make.PM... Wasn't it you the other day that had people do a draft value exercize to see if it was possible to move up for Johnson?

Seems to me you want to be able to argue but want to selectively forget your previous posts.

Take my post for what it's worth... The Bills will draft the BPA remaining out of that list at whatever overall pick (currently 12) we end up drafting at. Admittedly, if we stay at 12, we realistically eliminate Johnson and Peterson and probably a few others from the list.

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 04:01 PM
PM... Wasn't it you the other day that had people do a draft value exercize to see if it was possible to move up for Johnson?

Seems to me you want to be able to argue but want to selectively forget your previous posts.

Take my post for what it's worth... The Bills will draft the BPA remaining out of that list at whatever overall pick (currently 12) we end up drafting at. Admittedly, if we stay at 12, we realistically eliminate Johnson and Peterson and probably a few others from the list.
Id trade almost my entire draft for Calvin Johnson, that's what I said. and I still would today too.

But your hoping he's going to fall to 12.. That aint happening.

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Id trade almost my entire draft for Calvin Johnson, that's what I said. and I still would today too.

But your hoping he's going to fall to 12.. That aint happening.Did you even read my post?
Where did I say he'd be at 12 (Outside of a miracle)?
In fact I even made it clear I didn't expect him to be at 12.

If you want people to make an effort to comprehend your babblings, you should extend the same courtesy.:respect:

patmoran2006
03-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Round 1 is gonna be real interesting... I think we're gonna go BPA out of...
Calvin Johnson
Robert Meachem
Adrian Peterson
Patrick Willis
Paul Posluszny
Alan Branch
Amobi Okoye
This is your post that I commented on.. I dont see anything on this post that says anything about it taking a miracle for Calvin Johnson to fall.

I was just assuring you that it wasnt going to happen anyway.. thats all.

Yasgur's Farm
03-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Fair enough.

MarvLevy
03-15-2007, 07:11 PM
I WILL BE HAPPY WITH EITHER 1.OKOYE/2.IRONS OR 1.LYNCH/2.SILER

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 08:27 PM
I agree Branch will be better early on..

Okoye is a guy that will be better for the long haul, but dont expect much out of him in 2007.. He's only 19.

I really want a guy that will be an upgrade somewhere from the second his name is announced.

Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I truly feel that Willis is going to be the pick.

so you want okoye in round one, but dont expect anything out of him in 2007?

meanwhile, everyone is so down on mccargo because he didnt blow up the world in FIVE games.. lol.

so typical.. and it is not just you pat.. everyone.. hell.. i am guilty of it.

but next year, even after saying what was just said, that okoye probably wont have an immediate impact, but after he doesnt have a great year.. people will be talking about taking a DT again next year early.

and squash all that branch talk..

the guy is a collosal underperformer. why in gods name would marv all the sudden start drafting guys who dont try hard?

Tatonka
03-15-2007, 08:28 PM
it is the same thing with youboty..

we DRAFTED HIM TO REPLACE NATE! everyone in the world saw it coming.

and now we are talking about taking CBs in round one?

come on people. there is no way the bills took these guy with the intention of replacing them after they were not world beaters in their rookie year.

Goobylal
03-15-2007, 08:50 PM
The word on Branch is he's lazy.

ShadowHawk7
03-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Is it really? I didn't realize that. I'm thinking we should avoid DT until the 3rd and take a promising prospect like Ryan McBean, Quinn Pitcock, or even Justin Harrell.

So by eliminating DT and CB from a possible 1st rd pick, and noting there is no WR in the 12th pick range, it leaves us with RB and LB. So that means either Peterson/Lynch or Willis. I'd be fine w/ either, altough Marv may shock us again and take Paul pos there, which I wouldn't appreciate.

jamze132
03-16-2007, 02:07 AM
I think that if Peterson is available, we will select him at #12 or trade down. If Peterson is off the board, we will take Patrick Willis which is probably in our best interest anyways.

mysticsoto
03-16-2007, 07:37 AM

meanwhile, everyone is so down on mccargo because he didnt blow up the world in FIVE games.. lol.

but next year, even after saying what was just said, that okoye probably wont have an immediate impact, but after he doesnt have a great year.. people will be talking about taking a DT again next year early.

the guy is a collosal underperformer. why in gods name would marv all the sudden start drafting guys who dont try hard?

Well I'm sure Pat can answer for himself, but if I may, I think he might be saying that Okoye won't begin to contribute at the outstanding level that he might be capable of until atleast next year. However, having said that, even at 19 and where he is right now in the game, is still a level up from where Anderson is. As such, it will still be an improvement to have Okoye in the lineup. Next year or the year after, we'd probably see a huge jump in his performance level. All this is speculation, but it's just to say that he is unlikely to come out this year and be a Tommie Harris.

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 07:38 AM

Id still draft Okoye before Branch, even if Branch is better as a rookie.

But I think McCargo is the wild card. I've heard he's bulked up, and I dont see WHY we traded up for him last year unless our FO feels like he's going to be good enough to step up and start next to Tripplett, otherwise it was a waste of first rounder. Personally, I dont know if it works, but I think they move him into the starter's role and we're not taking a DT at 12..

Based on need, I cant see how the pick isnt either Lynch or Willis.. If they picked Willis to be honest I'd probably be a little aggravated at first cause I do want a game-breaking RB like Lynch; but Im sure I'd come around because I know that Willis is a solid, Vilma type of LB and nobody should ever complain about that.

If they are real hell bent on a DT and IF they decide they want to go defense heavy (again) in round one, one option few have talked about may be to draft Willis at 12 and trade into late first round and take DT Justin Harrell from Tenn.

Personally, I feel like we used our first five picks on defense last year, and now we have a solid OL but are lacking weapons, so I'd have no problems, in fact I hope that we go RB and WR with our top two picks, then use both thirds on defense and mix it up on day two.

Earthquake Enyart
03-16-2007, 07:51 AM
The thing about Okoye is that by the time he becomes a real player, his contract will be up.

mysticsoto
03-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Id still draft Okoye before Branch, even if Branch is better as a rookie.

But I think McCargo is the wild card. I've heard he's bulked up, and I dont see WHY we traded up for him last year unless our FO feels like he's going to be good enough to step up and start next to Tripplett, otherwise it was a waste of first rounder. Personally, I dont know if it works, but I think they move him into the starter's role and we're not taking a DT at 12..

Based on need, I cant see how the pick isnt either Lynch or Willis.. If they picked Willis to be honest I'd probably be a little aggravated at first cause I do want a game-breaking RB like Lynch; but Im sure I'd come around because I know that Willis is a solid, Vilma type of LB and nobody should ever complain about that.

If they are real hell bent on a DT and IF they decide they want to go defense heavy (again) in round one, one option few have talked about may be to draft Willis at 12 and trade into late first round and take DT Justin Harrell from Tenn.

Personally, I feel like we used our first five picks on defense last year, and now we have a solid OL but are lacking weapons, so I'd have no problems, in fact I hope that we go RB and WR with our top two picks, then use both thirds on defense and mix it up on day two.

I don't like Harrell and prefer to grab Tyler or McBride in the 2nd rd instead of trading up and wasting picks on a guy who is inconsistent and seemingly unmotivated.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-16-2007, 10:49 AM
If Peterson is on the board at # 12, it will be hard to pass him up. And, I think that, if Branch is on the board, the Bills will strongly consider taking him.

That being said, I think it will come down to whether the Bills think that M.Lynch really is the second-coming of Thurman Thomas or not. If so, I think they will grab him. But, if not, if Okoye is on the board I believe he will be the pick--simply because the drop-off at DT is significant after him and he is so young and such a high character guy with so much potential at a position of need that it will be hard to let him go. Yet, it wouldn't surprise me if P.Willis is the pick because, except for age, a lot of the same things that can be said about Okoye can be said about Willis. I would be happy with either one.

What I am hoping will happen is that the Bills take A.Okoye at # 12, the BPA LB with their pick in Round 2 (I doubt Timmons will still be there and think I like Beeson and Alexander a bit more than Siler or Harris), Leonard or Irons or Pittman (preferably Leonard) with their pick in Round 3 and the BPA CB with the Ravens' pick in Round 3. I would love to see them take either B.Patrick or P.Williams, if one of them is still on the board in Round 4, but would also be happy with R.Johnson there, if they are planning to let Spikes go after this season (if they trade Spikes for a first day pick, I'd see what LBs are available there and either use the pick on a LB or adjust this list upwards). I expect the Bills to use either a 6th or one of their 7th Round picks on a FB and probably a QB who needs some time to develop (I'd love it if they could get Zabransky that late!).

I do believe that their evaluation of Spikes' health and what they decide to do with TKO could have a big impact on the Bills' draft--especially whether they go for a OLB or MLB early on.

With the holes that the Bills have and the way that this draft is shaping up, it is going to be hard to predict what the Bills will do because a lot will depend on what the teams ahead of them do and who is still on the board at # 12. I see this as being a very fluid, unpredictable draft for the Bills all the way through. But, I also think that the Bills will be able to get some pretty good players in this draft to address their most pressing needs, although it may take a year of "getting their feet wet" for some of them to show just how good they can be (I always expect rookies to struggle at times because they do. IMHO it is not wise to have too high expectations for a rookie or expect one to step in and be great right away--if a rookie does step in and play very well his first year, great, but, in my experience, that's more often the exception than the rule.)

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 10:58 AM

What I am hoping will happen is that the Bills take A.Okoye at # 12, the BPA LB with their pick in Round 2 (I doubt Timmons will still be there and think I like Beeson and Alexander a bit more than Siler or Harris), Leonard or Irons or Pittman (preferably Leonard) with their pick in Round 3
.)

Good post overall. My comment is about leonard..

I've heard that NE is seriously considering him with one of their two first round picks as he'd be a perfect fit in that Tom Brady led offense.

I could definitely see NE taking Leonard and DB with those first two picks.