Re: NFL Draft Countdown 3 round mock

Originally posted by The Answer
        This is a very intriguing draft -

Round 1 #12 - Leon Hall - CB - Michagan

Round 2 #43 - David Harris - ILB - Michagan

Round 3 #74 - Kenny Irons - RB - Auburn

Round 3 #92 (from Bal) - Jacoby Jones - WR - Lane

~The Answer
        Interesting...however, it would be poor if we allowed Okoye to slip right by us.
        However, I think Willis going at #11 is unlikely, so I still think it would be between Willis and Okoye for our 1st pick. Greg Olsen at #14??? I think Scott Wright is letting the combine results get to him. Football play throughout the year should count for more and he's...at best...a late 1st rounder.

What I could picture is Levy negotiating with GB and telling them...if you want Lynch we'll switch positions with you and get your 2nd pick or else we are going to take him. GB should want him bad enough that they would be better off to make the trade - unless they lose their #1 pick trading for Moss. With GB's pick, we should be able to grab Willis and have two 2nd picks on top of that!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

This is what happened to me when I just read that Leon Hall would be our pick.

That would be one of the DUMBEST picks I've ever seen in my entire life... WHY would we draft a CB with the 12th pick in the draft on a cover two defense? If so, why did we draft Youboty last year on day one? That is a DEPLORABLE pick. This team needs a LB, DT, RB or WR a hell of a lot more than a f'n cornerback.. ****, why dont we just draft a safety in the second and a QB in the third.

If Marv takes a CB with the 12th pick then this entire organization just flat out sucks, it wont take til season's end to realize that. Im' not worried about it though, cause i know Marv is smarter than that.

BTW< I do like the Harris and Irons picks though. I like them alot.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Interesting...however, it would be poor if we allowed Okoye to slip right by us.
            However, I think Willis going at #11 is unlikely, so I still think it would be between Willis and Okoye for our 1st pick. Greg Olsen at #14??? I think Scott Wright is letting the combine results get to him. Football play throughout the year should count for more and he's...at best...a late 1st rounder.

What I could picture is Levy negotiating with GB and telling them...if you want Lynch we'll switch positions with you and get your 2nd pick or else we are going to take him. GB should want him bad enough that they would be better off to make the trade - unless they lose their #1 pick trading for Moss. With GB's pick, we should be able to grab Willis and have two 2nd picks on top of that!!!
            whats the trade value (points) from moving down 12 to 16? I find it hard to believe GB would have to give up their second rounder to move up four spots.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Given the way everything lines up, the best players available at 12 don't really match up with what we need, unless they are sold on a CB.

I really think we'll trade down.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Trading down is definitely a possibility, thought we also thought we'd be doing that last year and taking either
                A) Ngata
                B) Bunkley
                C) Winston Justice

THey stood pat and shocked us all by taking Donte Whitner..

So the hell knows what we're thinking right now. I cant imagine we're going to do anything significant in FA at this point, so Im sure they are already keying on the draft.

And its not that I hate Leon Hall, well, ya I do.. I just think its absurd to waste a 12th pick on CB.. how is that improving your football team? YOur just replacing a departed star with a draft pick, thats dumb, especially in a cover two.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Okoye
                  Harris
                  Irons

Would be great for our first three picks...

Jon

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    whats the trade value (points) from moving down 12 to 16? I find it hard to believe GB would have to give up their second rounder to move up four spots.
                    You're right that's probably too much to give for 4 spots. The trade value difference is 200 pts which means, it would more than likely be a 3rd.

I still like it. That could mean the acquisition of a speedy WR since we may need to get ILB, DT, RB, CB on the 1st day (with our 4 picks). Having 5 picks may mean we can add a WR...

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                      Pinkerton's son
                      • Feb 2006

Trading down is definitely a possibility, thought we also thought we'd be doing that last year and taking either
                      A) Ngata
                      B) Bunkley
                      C) Winston Justice

THey stood pat and shocked us all by taking Donte Whitner..

So the hell knows what we're thinking right now. I cant imagine we're going to do anything significant in FA at this point, so Im sure they are already keying on the draft.

And its not that I hate Leon Hall, well, ya I do.. I just think its absurd to waste a 12th pick on CB.. how is that improving your football team? YOur just replacing a departed star with a draft pick, thats dumb, especially in a cover two.
                      Thats what I figure. People say that there's no way Willis will go that early, but look at what we did with Whitner. He was the player we wanted/needed, so we took him, regardless where it was. I'd love to move down, pick up an extra pick or 2, and still get the players we want, but if we get a LB that can make an instant impact on our team, I dont really care where we get him.

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

The Answer isn't sure about this Jacoby Jones pick after reading the scouting report:

Seems that he's nothing more than a return man and we already have one (Toast Mcgee)- sounds like he is a Josh Reed clone as well (don't run good routes, drops passes, subpar blocker, etc)

Also anybody know where Lane University is? - must be an Ivy League connection.....

~The Answer

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          You're right that's probably too much to give for 4 spots. The trade value difference is 200 pts which means, it would more than likely be a 3rd.

I still like it. That could mean the acquisition of a speedy WR since we may need to get ILB, DT, RB, CB on the 1st day (with our 4 picks). Having 5 picks may mean we can add a WR...
                          The problem with moving down, even only 4 spots..

Is that I think Okoye, Willis and Lynch are all gone. So how do you take at 16? Better not say Leon Hall either.

If for arguement's sake, say Buffalo traded down to 16, who do they take? IMO value-wise; its the spot to take a WR: Bowe or Meacham (both over Jarrett)

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Answer
                            The Answer isn't sure about this Jacoby Jones pick after reading the scouting report:

Seems that he's nothing more than a return man and we already have one (Toast Mcgee)- sounds like he is a Josh Reed clone as well (don't run good routes, drops passes, subpar blocker, etc)

Also anybody know where Lane University is? - must be an Ivy League connection.....

~The Answer

Jackson, TN, no Ivy League school connections, and I completely disagree with your assessment of Jones. He has size, speed, and produced in college. He didnt play top teir level players but he has all the potential of any WR in this class, short of only CJ.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

The problem with moving down, even only 4 spots..

Is that I think Okoye, Willis and Lynch are all gone. So how do you take at 16? Better not say Leon Hall either.

If for arguement's sake, say Buffalo traded down to 16, who do they take? IMO value-wise; its the spot to take a WR: Bowe or Meacham (both over Jarrett)

Beason, imo
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X