PDA

View Full Version : Argonauts gain negotiating rights to Joey Harrington

Carlton Bailey
03-15-2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1850&line=90896&spln=1

The Toronto Argonauts have gained negotiating rights to Joey Harrington.
"We're pretty set at that position right now," Argos GM Adam Rita said. "But he's someone we might want to look at down the road." Harrington has drawn mild interest from Carolina this offseason, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see him out of the NFL in a year or two at the rate he's going. Mar. 15 -

How the hell do you go from starting NFL QB to the CFL? I guess it shows how much Miami sucks.

(Nick Markasis groan coming)

gr8slayer
03-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Sucks for the Argonauts.

BILLSROCK1212
03-15-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1850&line=90896&spln=1

The Toronto Argonauts have gained negotiating rights to Joey Harrington.
"We're pretty set at that position right now," Argos GM Adam Rita said. "But he's someone we might want to look at down the road." Harrington has drawn mild interest from Carolina this offseason, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see him out of the NFL in a year or two at the rate he's going. Mar. 15 -

How the hell do you go from starting NFL QB to the CFL? I guess it shows how much Miami sucks.

(Nick Markasis groan coming)best part of that post was the Nick markakis part....thank god the Lions picked before us otherwise we'd be in the same situation right now

hammerbillsfan
03-15-2007, 07:28 PM
:monkeyp: Argonauts

JoeMama
03-15-2007, 09:17 PM
Something to keep in mind.

ESPN had Joey Harrington rated ahead of JP Losman in their QB rankings for virtually the entire season.

Even after the Bills swept Miami.

Now Harrington is most likely out of the NFL.

Nice call, ESPN.

Illmatic15
03-15-2007, 09:28 PM
DAMMIT!!! F**k Joey Harrington dont come to Canada...

Bling
03-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Something to keep in mind.

ESPN had Joey Harrington rated ahead of JP Losman in their QB rankings for virtually the entire season.

Even after the Bills swept Miami.

Now Harrington is most likely out of the NFL.

Nice call, ESPN.

I really don't understand some of you guys. You have such little man syndrome about JP. Accept the fact that everyone outside of Buffalo isn't sold on him just yet. He definitely had a good second half of the season. He also hasn't made the playoffs, and took a while to progress. You have to put up a good full season before you can be considered a permanent starter in this league. I'm not sold on Tony Romo, Phil Rivers, Eli Manning or JP for this reason.

Captain gameboy
03-15-2007, 10:09 PM
I really don't understand some of you guys. You have such little man syndrome about JP. Accept the fact that everyone outside of Buffalo isn't sold on him just yet. He definitely had a good second half of the season. He also hasn't made the playoffs, and took a while to progress. You have to put up a good full season before you can be considered a permanent starter in this league. I'm not sold on Tony Romo, Phil Rivers, Eli Manning or JP for this reason.

What you don't understand is that we're not particularly concerned about what you're sold on.

Dr. Lecter
03-15-2007, 10:28 PM

I think people do understand that Bling, at least most of us (I know Joe is smart enough).

Ranking Harrington ahead of him was clearly stupid at the time and is even more evident now. What most of are sick of are these outlets acting as if he has not improved.

Hell, my mother could be a better QB than Joey.

jamze132
03-16-2007, 02:01 AM
I agree wqith you opn what it takes to be considered a permanentnt starter. After this season, JP will be a permanent starter and Joey will either be a cunuck or unemployed.

JoeMama
03-16-2007, 07:17 AM

No man.

Even I'm not entirely sold on JP Losman yet. So that's not the issue.

If people around the league don't think Losman is the real deal. That's fine. I understand that. Losman still has a lot to prove.

But when people start saying things like, "Joey Harrington is better than JP Losman" - that's when question marks pop up.

Harrington may be done in the NFL completely. Yet 4 months ago, ESPN said he was the better quarterback.

Ranking Harrington ahead of him was clearly stupid at the time and is even more evident now.

Mehs nailed the point I was trying to make.

IE; ESPN's inability to assess players.

!Papacrunk!
03-16-2007, 05:48 PM
ESPN is for entertainment purposes. E-n-t-e-r-t-a-i-n-m-e-n-t. Sometimes people mix passion for obsession with some things IMO.

ddaryl
03-16-2007, 06:22 PM
and to remember how so many predicted his HOF career.

Goes to show you don't ever know

Typ0
03-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I know JP really started to show his game last season and if that truly is the direction he's headed we are in for a nice ride but people seem to forget how horrible he was for a chunk of last season too. Or, maybe it's that many aren't able to admit how horrible he was for a chuck of the season last year. It's hard to get on board with a QB who has consistently at times thrown away chances or dropped them on the turf.

Historian
03-18-2007, 05:37 AM
And another fish savior bites the dust..

:roflmao:

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 01:18 PM
They will be calling for Culpepper next. He's just as bad if not worse than Harrington.

Spiderweb
03-18-2007, 05:16 PM

While you have a valid point, JP played as well the second half of 2006 as well any QB for Buffalo, or Miami for that matter, has in a number of years. Thru the first half of 2006, the vultures were out all around here for JP, but for those of us who watched him week in and week out, he made considerable progress. He's not there yet, maybe, but he looks like he's on his way. Once the wraps were relaxed the second half, his performance improved considerably. Even won a few games for us.

Buffalo will need to find a ground game though to support him and that is a big question mark these days.