X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Peterson vs Lynch

Most of the opinions from this article seem to be pretty universal, except for the 1st one. Bucky was an old Bill right?

He thinks that Marshawn may be a better pro than Peterson. Lynch does seem to be a little more durable, but not quite as explosive.

Lynch may not be a bad option at 12. Though Irons etc may be available in the 3rd, Lynch may be a little more of an all around back.

What do you guys think?

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Peterson vs Lynch

I think if either of them are there at 12 Marv shouldn't hesitate to take them.

Peterson wont be, Lynch will be.

If Peterson was, I'd take him first. But Im very happy to have Lynch. I think he's a faster..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      I think if either of them are there at 12 Marv shouldn't hesitate to take them.

Peterson wont be, Lynch will be.

If Peterson was, I'd take him first. But Im very happy to have Lynch. I think he's a faster..
      I think that Adrian Peterson is more like a faster Steven Jackson.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

Bucky Brooks?
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
          I gotta disagree, I think Peterson is alot like Fred Taylor. Its a guy that whne healthy could be a top 5 RB, but suffers too many injuries.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Peterson is more like this..

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Well Peterson is built almsot exactly the same as jackson and Dickerson...lol.

Comment

• Kenny
                • Aug 2004

I was thinking the exact same thing. Both run very upright... the only difference is Peterson is faster, and Jackson is a much much tougher SOB.
                Another comparison I was thinking about was that Peterson runs alot like Chris Brown.

Comment

• J TES
                  • Apr 2005

You guys are out of your skull. There is no comparison. Peterson is way better than Lynch in every facet of the game. And to whomever said Lynch was faster, you might wanna do a litlle but of research first. Yes Peterson has had injury issues, but you can't mistake his talent. I'm not saying it's not an issue, but talent wise there's no debate. Plus Marv is big on character. Lynch is a thug. He beat up his ex and now has a restraining order against him. Charges were never filed due to a lack of evidence, but the restraining order speaks volumes. Plus people with good character don't get themselves in these type of situations.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Peterson or Lynch will be solid. I'm hoping that we use our 3rd from the Ravens to take another back. Before you start telling me we have too many needs Shauld Williams needs to be replaced by a big bruiser and that's something we could get in the third.

Wouldn't it be funny if our 3rd rounder from the Ravens was used to pick a RB that runs for more yardage than McGahee...I digressed, sorry.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

I don't like either one of them.

Comment

• RockStar36
                        Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                        • Sep 2004

I like Lynch's dark visor.

D & S Sports

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Peterson has the faster 40 time but Lynch is stronger. Both have the extra gear to go the distance. Even though both have had ankle problems in the past, the problem with Peterson is that he has two bad shoulders which isn't good for a RB who loves contact, IMO.

Both have a tendency to run upright at times, Peterson more so but Lynch's leg drive isn't on the level of Peterson's. Both has had problems with ball security, more so Peterson. Peterson is a better runner on pitches and tosses because of being dedicated more to the full steam ahead approach and has better balance. Lynch is the better receiver and is more patient taking advantage of his blockers and excels at using the cutback lane.

Both are excellent runners but Lynch has the advantage in the football character department. Lynch's knowledge, attitude and work ethic is highly respected by both his teammates and coaches. He's a great locker room presence and is always directing attention away from himself and giving credit to his teammates.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Dude at this point, i"ll be real happy with either of them.
                            Either will be an upgrade over McGahee, and you have to be able to run the ball in this league.. A train is a quality backup but not a #1 guy.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              I don't like either one of them.
                              I agree.

Lynch has huge off-field question marks hanging over his head. Active restraining order and assault charges by ex-girlfriend ( which were dropped ). Cops have been called more than once. Sounds like a Marv guy.

Peterson has huge on-field issues. Couldn't stay healthy the last 2 years. Can't block at all. Takes far too many hits. Didn't catch the ball much.

I have trouble seeing the Bills committing big $ to these guys but many here are putting blinders on because of the RB need. They WON'T invest big $ in a head case or an injury prone player.

Next year, the Draft is loaded with RB's and I could see the Bills drafting a 10-12 touch guy like Lorenzo Booker in the meantime, say in Round 3. Booker is a threat to score every time he has the ball but is only 195. Or a Michael Bush in Round 3, if his leg is OK.

1st Round ? DL, maybe Willis, OL. Maybe a shocker in TE Greg Olsen of Miami, with his great hands and ability to go deep.

I just can't see Peterson or Lynch here. Our front office will gamble if a guy can pass the durability and character test. These guys can't.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X