PDA

View Full Version : Charles Grant To Visit The Bucs

gr8slayer
03-15-2007, 08:03 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Saints DE Charles Grant, the team's franchise player, has scheduled a meeting with Tampa Bay.
The Bucs, who will surrender two first-round picks (including the No. 4 choice this year) if Grant signs an offer sheet and New Orleans fails to match, were considered potential suitors for Grant before he was tagged. The more likely scenario would be the clubs working out a trade. Grant was reported to be unhappy about being franchised in late February.

camelcowboy
03-15-2007, 08:05 PM
They have a shot at every de in the draft and they might trade their pick for Grant. Doesn't make sense to me.

BILLSROCK1212
03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
i saw this one awhile ago and my initial reaction was....Charles Grant for 2 1st rounders...someone is smoking weed

gr8slayer
03-15-2007, 08:08 PM
They have a shot at every de in the draft and they might trade their pick for Grant. Doesn't make sense to me.
I'll take Grant over any DE in this years draft.

camelcowboy
03-15-2007, 08:09 PM
I'll take Grant over any DE in this years draft.

How about the possibilty of Calvin Johnson?

The Spaz
03-15-2007, 08:16 PM
WTF are they thinking?

gr8slayer
03-15-2007, 08:21 PM
How about the possibilty of Calvin Johnson?
Well if they are willing to depart with the first for Grant maybe they are thinking of going DE anyway at four.

Lexwhat
03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Come on people...TB is obviously NOT going to give up 2 1st-rounders for him.

If TB really wants Grant, they will verbally agree on a long-term contract with him and then work out a trade with the Saints. My guess is a 2nd rounder this year...

camelcowboy
03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Come on people...TB is obviously NOT going to give up 2 1st-rounders for him.

If TB really wants Grant, they will verbally agree on a long-term contract with him and then work out a trade with the Saints. My guess is a 2nd rounder this year...

No way the saints trade him for only a second.

Lexwhat
03-15-2007, 08:47 PM
No way the saints trade him for only a second.

The Bucs have the 3rd pick in the 2nd Round (35th overall selection)...What else would they trade him for?

The 4th overall pick in the 1st round? Yea right, Jon Gruden is not that stupid. They would be the laughing stock of the league.

Grant has 8.5 sacks the last TWO years.

camelcowboy
03-15-2007, 08:49 PM
The Bucs have the 3rd pick in the 2nd Round (35th overall selection)...What else would they trade him for?

The 4th overall pick in the 1st round? Yea right, Jon Gruden is not that stupid. They would be the laughing stock of the league.

Grant has 8.5 sacks the last TWO years.

I don't think the saints are stuped either. Trading a franchise tagged player for a 2nd would be stupid. They don't get him without give up a first.