PDA

View Full Version : What if Willis, Lynch, and Okoye are there at 12???

bigbub2352
03-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Lets say Peterson goes before we can land him, either someone traded up to get him or Cleveland took him at 3, now we are left with Willis LB from Ole Miss, Lynch Rb from Cal, and Okoye DT Lousiville, which player do u think fills the biggest need here, and more importantly who do u take?

My Opinion i think u take Willis here, u can get 4-5 different rb's in the 2nd round, and we drafted McCargo last year and before we waste another 1st rounder on the DT position we have to see what he is acapable of.

I think Willis shores up the LB situation and now that A-train has signed we dont have to take the chance on a RB in the 1st round.. also with our extra pick on day one we can also shore up the secondary and dline..

anythoughts?

RockStar36
03-16-2007, 09:36 AM
For me it's a coin flip decision between Willis and Lynch. I'd be happy with either.

Romes
03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
1. Okoye
2. Willis

and a distant 3rd in Lynch, I'd rather trade down.

OpIv37
03-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Not gonna happen but I think the pick has to be Willis. Passing on Okoye would be tough, but at this point Okoye is still a prospect and Willis is in a better position to give us the immediate help on D that we desperately need.

There will be good RB's in the 2nd and 3rd round, so I don't want to draft Lynch at 12.

HHURRICANE
03-16-2007, 09:41 AM
I would have to give away next years draft and pick again at #13.

JPFBillsFan
03-16-2007, 09:42 AM
What if the sky fell?

Romes
03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
What if the sky fell?

Didn't Marv already have a press conference to announce the sky fell? Oh...no...wait that was just about the "cash to cap" :phew:

Jan Reimers
03-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Not gonna happen but I think the pick has to be Willis. Passing on Okoye would be tough, but at this point Okoye is still a prospect and Willis is in a better position to give us the immediate help on D that we desperately need.

There will be good RB's in the 2nd and 3rd round, so I don't want to draft Lynch at 12.
I agree 100%.

HHURRICANE
03-16-2007, 09:48 AM

Great post. Willis is as close to a sure thing as you get. It's also one of the easier positions to adjust to in the NFL. DT and RB are definately more of a crap shoot.

You are on a roll today OP!!

bigbub2352
03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I think Willis shores up alot on Defense, cause they say he can run with any TE in pass coverage, and would be an attacking LB at the line of scrimmage, that is what our Defense needs the most

Rb i hope Bush or Pittman in the 2nd, and even Darious Walker for a skat back in round4 or 6 if he is still there, and get rid of Shaud Williams, Wlkaer had alot of production in college and Bush would have been a top 10 pick if he came out as a junior

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Actually I do think this is going to happen.

I think Okoye is the only one who may be gone before 12.... Personally, I wouldnt be shocked if we had our choice.

I"m sticking with what I said though.. It may not be the most popular choice, but I'd take Lynch, and I"d try to get either Beason or Rufus Alexander in the second round if the BIlls decide LB is a priority.

Lynch has the ability to change the entire dynamic of our offense, I'm surprised more people aren't geting that

Ed
03-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I think Willis or Lynch would probably fill a bigger need for next season, but I'd still take Okoye. Actually, if all 3 are still there at 12 I try and trade down a few spots first, but if there are no takers I take Okoye.

I think he's the better prospect at a more important position that is harder to fill in the later rounds. I'd be happy with any of them, but I don't think there's as big a drop off at LB and RB if you wait to the 2nd or 3rd rounds or try and trade back into the end of the 1st.

JoeMama
03-16-2007, 10:01 AM
If all three are there, I'm a happy man no matter who we pick.

Kenny
03-16-2007, 10:07 AM
I'd go for Willis, Okoye, and than Lynch.

Lynch would only be the absolute last option if the other 2 were gone (it's easier to find a good running back then those other 2 positions).

The only reason Im picking Willis ahead of Okoye is because of McCargo. But to be honest, I'd really wouldnt mind Marv going for either LB or DT first.

Dr. Lecter
03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
If all three are there, call GB and see if they want to move up a few spots. An extra 2nd and you will very possibly still get one of the guys.

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 10:11 AM
GB would have to give a third to move up, not a second, according to draft value charts.. So if you want one of these three I dont think its worth it to move down, as they'll all be gone and a third doesnt compensate for that, imo

Night Train
03-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Okoye