PDA

View Full Version : Why I think its bad to trade down in '07

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 10:19 AM
* If you trade down to 16; Okoye, Willis and Lynch are all going to be gone.

* GB would have to give up a third rounder to move up to 12, not a second (at least going by the chart value)

* If the draft goes even relatively as expected, at the 16 spots the two positions that are of value there at WR and CB. Now if the Bills were looking at a WR in the first (Bowe, Meacham, Jarrett) then it would be smart to move down. Personally, though I wish they were, I don't think they are. The other spot is corner, and if they take a corner in the first round (Hall, Reevis, Houston, Ross) I will throw up all over myself and probably get run off this board (which some would love) with 1,000 Marv is senile and Ralph dont care about winning threads.

As LB's: Beason, Pos (please no) and Siler should all be first rounders, but late, not at say 16.

So unless the move would be for a top WR, I think trading down is a bad, bad idea and would do little to help this team immediately. Between the WR and DB, I think only a Bowe or Meacham could help this team be better from day one (at the 16 spot)

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 10:22 AM
ON the total opposite end of the spectrum...

To move into the fifth spot: it would cost us a first, second and a fifth.

To move into the sixth spot: it would cost us a first and a second.

I dont think there is any player in those spots that is worth that trade:
We don't need Brady Quinn. Adrain Peterson isn't worth it if you can get Lynch at 12 and give up nothing.. We dont need Joe Thomas.

THere is only one player at that stage worth it to me; Gaines Adams, and that aint happening as Kelsay would become a $24 million dollar backup/rotational player.

So I really think the bills will hold at 12: and choose between Okoye, Lynch or Willis.

Earthquake Enyart
03-16-2007, 10:24 AM
The trade down is with the Bears for their first and the Jet second they got for Jones. There you could still get Willis / Houston / Bush or a WR or RB

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 10:29 AM
You think they could still get Willis if they trade down with Chicago?

Dude, Willis is gone to Carolina at 14 if not before.. It would take a miracle for Willis to make it past say 17 at the extreme latest..

Earthquake Enyart
03-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Even if we don't get Willis, we could use an OLB as much (if not more) than an MLB. Anthony Spencer might be a good pick down there.

ShadowHawk7
03-16-2007, 01:43 PM
It all really depends on what the Bills want to do w/ Crowell. If they see him at MLB, I really want to go Lynch or Peterson then Beason in the 2nd. I believe that either Beason or Pos or Siler will be there round 2.

If the bills want Crowell at OLB still, Willis definitely should be our pick.

X-Era
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
* If you trade down to 16; Okoye, Willis and Lynch are all going to be gone.

* GB would have to give up a third rounder to move up to 12, not a second (at least going by the chart value)

* If the draft goes even relatively as expected, at the 16 spots the two positions that are of value there at WR and CB. Now if the Bills were looking at a WR in the first (Bowe, Meacham, Jarrett) then it would be smart to move down. Personally, though I wish they were, I don't think they are. The other spot is corner, and if they take a corner in the first round (Hall, Reevis, Houston, Ross) I will throw up all over myself and probably get run off this board (which some would love) with 1,000 Marv is senile and Ralph dont care about winning threads.

As LB's: Beason, Pos (please no) and Siler should all be first rounders, but late, not at say 16.

So unless the move would be for a top WR, I think trading down is a bad, bad idea and would do little to help this team immediately. Between the WR and DB, I think only a Bowe or Meacham could help this team be better from day one (at the 16 spot)

Its easy to me, we didnt like our "top" talent, so we let them leave an/or traded them and now they must be replaced, you dont do that by moving down for lesser talent.

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Umm..thats basically what I said.

YardRat
03-16-2007, 05:01 PM
I like the idea of staying put at 12 and getting one of the three players Pat mentioned in the first post. It wouldn't shock me (or piss me off, that much anyway) if they 'reached' for a corner (Revis).

I don't want to trade down unless somebody is willing to over pay for the twelfth pick.

The only thing I really don't want to see play out is trading up. There isn't anybody in the top ten I'd be willing to give up what it would take to get there.

Don't Panic
03-17-2007, 09:48 AM
The only thing I really don't want to see play out is trading up. There isn't anybody in the top ten I'd be willing to give up what it would take to get there.

Agreed. No trading up. Stay put at #12 or, if we don't like what's left when we pick, trade down and add another top-end guy who can help right away. As for Willis... not so sure he'll go to Carolina at #14 although I guess that is a possibility so if we want him we probably have to take him at #12.