PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Mock Draft

The Answer
03-16-2007, 10:35 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6571514

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgD><TD align=middle>12.</TD><TD align=middle>Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2)</TD><TD align=middle><ID>Adrian Peterson</ID></TD><TD align=middle>RB</TD><TD align=middle>Oklahoma</TD><TD align=middle>Junior</TD><TD align=middle>3rd</TD><TD align=middle>http://msn.foxsports.com/id/2956406(-9)</TD><TD align=middle>3rd / 12th</TD></TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD colSpan=9>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/TeamLogo/Medium/2.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2) Whoa. Talk about a dream come true. Will Peterson slip to 12? I highly doubt it. But, if Cleveland goes with Quinn, there doesn't seem to be another team in the top 11 slots that would be targeting a running back. Sure, the Bills need help at other positions. And yes, they did just re-sign Anthony Thomas. But none of that matters. If Peterson's somehow available at 12, Marv Levy and co. will scoop him up before Buffalo's pick even goes on the clock. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

~The Answer

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 10:37 AM
IF that happened (and God I hope so but I just dont see how its possible), this guy is right.. It should take about 11 seconds before the Rams are on the clock at 13..

acehole
03-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Jerry Jones has a hard on for him...I wonder if he will give us julius jones and half his picks to do it....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6571514

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgD><TD align=middle>12.</TD><TD align=middle>Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2)</TD><TD align=middle><ID>Adrian Peterson</ID></TD><TD align=middle>RB</TD><TD align=middle>Oklahoma</TD><TD align=middle>Junior</TD><TD align=middle>3rd</TD><TD align=middle>http://msn.foxsports.com/id/2956406(-9)</TD><TD align=middle>3rd / 12th</TD></TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD colSpan=9>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/TeamLogo/Medium/2.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2) Whoa. Talk about a dream come true. Will Peterson slip to 12? I highly doubt it. But, if Cleveland goes with Quinn, there doesn't seem to be another team in the top 11 slots that would be targeting a running back. Sure, the Bills need help at other positions. And yes, they did just re-sign Anthony Thomas. But none of that matters. If Peterson's somehow available at 12, Marv Levy and co. will scoop him up before Buffalo's pick even goes on the clock. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

~The Answer

The Answer
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Jerry Jones has a hard on for him...I wonder if he will give us julius jones and half his picks to do it....

The Answer has tried telling people this - Jerry Jones would likely give us BOTH Julius Jones & Marion Barber III + their first rounder - anything to grab this guy.

The Question however is would we be willing to pass up the next LT? Either way The Answer imagines that there would be all kinds of blockbuster offers to either the Bills or teams a few spots ahead of us if Peterson does slip.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 10:45 AM
If someone is THAT interested in Peterson they will move up ahead of Buffalo for Peterson if he was to get past Cleveland..

Houston at 8 would be a big threat to take him, but even if they didnt want to take him they could trade down with someone who would and stock picks.. Lord knows the Texans need all the players they could get.

I'm not saying the bills cant get Peterson. .but I dont think they can realistically get him at 12. .They'd have to move up, its just a question of how much. I would NOT give up my first and second for him.. But Id consider my first and a third for sure.

and Answer, didnt you just call MB3 the next Marshall Faulk a couple of days ago, why would Dallas trade him?

The Answer
03-16-2007, 10:53 AM
If someone is THAT interested in Peterson they will move up ahead of Buffalo for Peterson if he was to get past Cleveland..

Houston at 8 would be a big threat to take him, but even if they didnt want to take him they could trade down with someone who would and stock picks.. Lord knows the Texans need all the players they could get.

I'm not saying the bills cant get Peterson. .but I dont think they can realistically get him at 12. .They'd have to move up, its just a question of how much. I would NOT give up my first and second for him.. But Id consider my first and a third for sure.

and Answer, didnt you just call MB3 the next Marshall Faulk a couple of days ago, why would Dallas trade him?

PM2006 - Dallas would trade MB3 because the next LT is better than the next marshall faulk - The Answer agrees though, this is highly unlikely to happen because once Peterson slips past Cleveland (if he does) there will be a free for all with trade offers for every team who picks #4 - #12.

It would be nice for Buffalo to get stupid lucky for once though.....

~The Answer

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 10:56 AM
If and this is a BIG IF.. Peterson got past Cleveland at three.

It would come down to four teams that would end up with Peterson; Houston, BUffalo, green Bay and Tennesee..

Houston would be in the driver seat if they wanted him with the 8th pick..HOwever, they are giddy over Laron Landry (as they should be) so they might want Landry and not trade that pick down.. But we'd still have competition for Peterson as Miami at 9 would trade down to the best offer, not to mention they dont want to see AD twice a year..

So it will be VERY hard to get Peterson no matter what, IMO.. and even harder for him to simply fall down to us.

Our only prayer is
1- Cleve takes Quinn
2- Houston really likes Landry or Levi Brown that much.
3- GB is satisfied with Lynch (they are DEFINITELY going RB)
4- Tenny doesnt have/want ammo to move that far up.

bflojohn
03-16-2007, 12:17 PM
This is my hypothesis... the team that doesn't want their top 5 pick is Arizona! They have drafted in the top 10 an amazing ten out of the last eleven years, and Bill Bidwill is getting weary of multi-million dollar outlays for inferior production. The equation is as such .... this years first rounder, next years first rounder, and both thirds provided by Baltimore via the Willis McGahee trade. The Cardinals would leap at this scenario, and probably get a chance to land Levi Brown right there @ 12!! Win, Win trade for both teams, and if you are balking at the cost, it takes a LOT of give to get that type of pick!!!

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 12:20 PM
who you suggest taking with the 5th pick?

I hope not peterson.. He may be a little better than Lynch, but he aint a first round and two third round picks better than Lynch..

If the Bills would move up to fifth, Gaines Adams could be the next Bruce Smith here.. Unfortunately, that'll never happen due to the contract we gave mr Slapnuts himself, Chris Kelsay

TacklingDummy
03-16-2007, 12:56 PM
But, if Cleveland goes with Quinn, there doesn't seem to be another team in the top 11 slots that would be targeting a running back.

Houston doesn't need a RB?

jdbillsfan
03-16-2007, 01:10 PM

I hope not peterson.. He may be a little better than Lynch, but he aint a first round and two third round picks better than Lynch..

If the Bills would move up to fifth, Gaines Adams could be the next Bruce Smith here.. Unfortunately, that'll never happen due to the contract we gave mr Slapnuts himself, Chris Kelsay

I don't see Gaines Adams as the next Bruce Smith. He is pretty good, but I don't think he is in that category. He almost seems like an OLB.

I wouldn't want to trade two three's for the 5th pick because there is a chance he would drop another couple spots. I would give up our 1st and 3rd for him though.

I like Lynch and actually think he should be our pick, but if Peterson was within sniffing distance, it would be worth it to make a run for him.

gr8slayer
03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Houston doesn't need a RB?
Ahman Green.

jpdex12
03-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Honestly, this thread sounds like a bunch of highschool drop outs trying to hypothesize how to create gold from Poo! It ain't gonna happen!

The Spaz
03-16-2007, 05:08 PM
I will happily **** myself if that happened.

Don't Panic
03-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Peterson is worth taking at #12, should he somehow drop, but he is NOT worth trading up 7 spots for. If fate smiles on us, so be it, if not, we have other needs... and should be satisfied with getting the opportunity to address them.

YardRat
03-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Peterson won't get past Houston. They won't pass on RB two years in a row.

patmoran2006
03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
agreed.

A. Green is a 1-2 year starter tops, and you dont want to be known as the franchise that passed on Bush and Peterson back to back years..

There is a reason why the Texans are one of only three teams in the whole NFL to not see a playoff game this decade.

Sadly, the Bills are one of the other two.

Don't Panic
03-16-2007, 05:16 PM

So if they take him, are they in the market for trading Green? With Peterson's injury history, I'd say probably not, but Green's not going to want to sit on the bench, and I can't see them using a two back backfield like NO did last year. I'd take Green off their hands for a 5th (especially since I believe we wouldn't have to absorb the signing bonus cap-wise).

YardRat
03-16-2007, 05:21 PM
If Houston drafts Peterson, Green is insurance and maybe a starter for the first couple of games as they work Peterson into the full time role.

The Answer
03-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Honestly, this thread sounds like a bunch of highschool drop outs trying to hypothesize how to create gold from Poo! It ain't gonna happen!

The Answer realizes that it's highly unlikely Adrian Peterson is wearing a Bills uniform next season for a number of reasons, most notably the possibility of another team trading up ahead of us to grab him if he slips past cleveland.

Also The Answer tends to agree with the people that believe the Texans aren't going to pass on a franchise running back for the 2nd year in a row.

The coming weeks leading up to the draft should be interesting for sure....

~The Answer

HAMMER
03-16-2007, 09:35 PM

Bruce Smith?
:laughing: