X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

You have to love the moves on OL.

Peters, Dockery and Fowler make an above average line. I'm not sold on Walker but with Butler, Merz, Preston, Pennington and Whittle all available to play the right side we certainly have enough competition to make that side better than it's ever been.

The OL is better and that means that the whole Offense is better.

So before we freak out about the impact signings that the Jets and Pats have made let's not forget that they already had OLs. We just got ours after being mismnaged for 7 years. Be patient.

Plus Miami still sucks.
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: You have to love the moves on OL.

As an aside to this, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if A-Train is the starting back behind that line. The logic is that a guy of Thomas' ability can churn out 4+ ypc behind that line, so why invest anything more right now, especially if there's no sure thing out there? That's why I hope we grab Leonard. Give A-Train a compliment back there who can do some different types of things and see how they do together. Next year, go feature back and let him follow Leonard blocks. Not to mention what all of this does for freeing up our TEs (come one Everett... time to do something).

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

I'm still open to grabbing a right guard in the second round if available. Then our line could be sick, making everyone else on the offense better, as you said.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
        I'm still open to grabbing a right guard in the second round if available. Then our line could be sick, making everyone else on the offense better, as you said.
        I wouldn't be opposed to that... 2nd or 3rd to make it devoid of major weakness... sound slike a great idea. Still crossing my fingers on Walker, though.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

We have too many holes to pick Olinemen on day one IMO... Preston/Merz/Whittle may the best man win.

While I wouldn't be suprized if Atrain is named "starter" I can't imagine there wouldn't be a day 1 rookie that will be splitting time with him.

Comment

• Jersey1031
            • Feb 2003

Didn't last years draft of OL late for us end up paying off? Why use up a 2nd for quality we can still get later on?
            "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

I look at Walker like this. Pennington was actually playing fairly decent last year. Marv and Co. obviously think that Walker is a better player otherwise why give him that kind of cash? Sounds good to me. Our line could be a strength this year rather than the crushing weakness it has been for the last decade.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Finch1031
                Didn't last years draft of OL late for us end up paying off? Why use up a 2nd for quality we can still get later on?
                Agreed.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  Preston/Merz/Whittle
                  That's a hole.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

we now have more pressing neeeds than OL.

They way things are now, the Ol is no longer our weakness.

Been wanting to say that for years.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

We almost have to draft Willis at #12. To take a RB there is way too much of a luxury. I believe our #2 pick will be RB and than we will go DT and DE until the 5th. Everyone forgets that Denney is in his last year and they are going to want to develop a younger player at DE. OL is going to be a very late pick up, if at all.

We might even draft 2 RBs.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

I feel the same about Willis... he is looking more and more like the pick with each passing day.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Finch1031
                          Did it pay off? Only because the linemen we had either sucked or got hurt. They got into the game by default. Doesn't mean they're the answer. Signing Walker means the Bills obviously think Pennington isn't sufficient. Same for Whittle.

Quality players can be found in later rounds for many positions. For example, we got Kyle Williams in the fifth, so why draft a DT early? We got Ellison in the sixth, so why draft a LB early?
                          Until there's a crystal ball that says who the bargains and busts will be, there's a reason players are projected to go in the second round, and that's being expected to be better than those projected for the lower rounds. And that goes for all positions.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            we now have more pressing neeeds than OL.

They way things are now, the Ol is no longer our weakness.

Been wanting to say that for years.
                            They'll have to play some games for anyone to know if they're a strength or weakness. Dockery's the only proven upgrade; I have no reason to believe the right side is any better.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

They'll have to play some games for anyone to know if they're a strength or weakness. Dockery's the only proven upgrade; I have no reason to believe the right side is any better.

so would anyone we draft regardless of position which is why I'm opposed to drafting OL in the first rd. Most OL players take years to develop. Merz, Pennington and Butler are already ahead of any OL in the 2nd rd.

We've dished out a ton of $$ on the guards this year.

McNally and Marv think they can always find one in the later rds.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X