Pats (1), Bills (2), Jets (3), Fins (4). That's the way it is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Pats (1), Bills (2), Jets (3), Fins (4). That's the way it is.

This is where I see it based on what I saw last year:

(1) Pats. The team to beat.

(2) Bills. Better OL. Dangerous QB. Year 2 of a new system. Great special teams. Healthier Spikes. Yobouty will do so much better than people realize in replacing Clements. The big question is the draft. If we go Willis than Fletcher will be replaced by a much better rookie. Big question mark is RB.

(3) Jets. This team is mediocre and vanilla. Chad Pennington is not great. He's serviceable but he does throw picks and is very one dimensional. This team was an overachiever. I don't like teams that overachieve and than expect a follow up season. This team is 8-8 team.

(4) The Dolphins are looking like the Raiders to me. This team wins 6-7 games if they are lucky but I could see them going 4-12. This is not a good team.

Slow day today so have at it!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pats (1), Bills (2), Jets (3), Fins (4). That's the way it is.

Hurricane , a homer?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

I think the Bills/Jets games will be very competitive. Should be very fun to watch.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Dont see how you can have the Jets below Buffalo when they made the playoffs last year and traded to get a high quality RB in what was by far their greatest weakness

But to each their own. the Jets are far from unbeatable, very weak secondary

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jersey1031
          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Dont see how you can have the Jets below Buffalo when they made the playoffs last year and traded to get a high quality RB in what was by far their greatest weakness
          Eh...
          "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Hurricane , a homer?
            Nope. I don't do Vegas or like to bet but I am good at making money on football. All the stats in the world don't help pick winners. It's all big picture. The Pats made me more money than any other team. And it was always when they were underestimated. I was 68.5% playing the spread and in 10 years I have never lost money.

The Jets are still mediocre even with a RB. They remind me alot of the Chiefs.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              Nope. I don't do Vegas or like to bet but I am good at making money on football. All the stats in the world don't help pick winners. It's all big picture. The Pats made me more money than any other team. And it was always when they were underestimated. I was 68.5% playing the spread and in 10 years I have never lost money.

The Jets are still mediocre even with a RB. They remind me alot of the Chiefs.

I would rank the bills below the jets but I am called a rahrah guy! go figure.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• J TES
                • Apr 2005

This is where I see it based on what I saw last year:

(1) Pats. The team to beat.

(2) Bills. Better OL. Dangerous QB. Year 2 of a new system. Great special teams. Healthier Spikes. Yobouty will do so much better than people realize in replacing Clements. The big question is the draft. If we go Willis than Fletcher will be replaced by a much better rookie. Big question mark is RB.

(3) Jets. This team is mediocre and vanilla. Chad Pennington is not great. He's serviceable but he does throw picks and is very one dimensional. This team was an overachiever. I don't like teams that overachieve and than expect a follow up season. This team is 8-8 team.

(4) The Dolphins are looking like the Raiders to me. This team wins 6-7 games if they are lucky but I could see them going 4-12. This is not a good team.

Slow day today so have at it!!
                The Bills lose there best corner and MLB and are now better than the Jets. Yeah the Bills signed Dockery but he isn't exactly the second coming of Larry Allen. He's slightly above average. Langston Walker is terrible, so get ready for multiple sack games from whomever he's supposed to block. Whittle is garbage. So this is your big offseason huh? That should put you in the playoffs. The Jets may very well be mediocre but what does that make Buffalo? Oh thats right, what they've been for a long time now, pathetic. The Pats still own this division, and thats not gonna change anytime soon. The Jets are a distant second followd by the Bills and Dolphins. I also really like your logic on Miami. They do suck, but how many more games did Buffalo win? I think it was what? one more. Prepare to be disappointed Bills fans. Dockery is an upgrade to what you had last year, but thats not saying much. He's no where near the player you make him out to be. Walker may very well be a downgrade to Pennington, and RG is still an issue. You don't have enough LB's, you have no RB to speak of. If Mcgee is your #1 corner your in for a lot of trouble; Lucky for you other than the Pats, your not the only team in the division that has major hole to fill. Oh and sure Losman looked better in the second half of last season, but at that point he had no pressure on him. the team was basically already eliminated from the playoffs, and he knew they weren't going to pull him for Holcomb. So he had no pressure on him. Lets wait and see how he responds early this season before we start using the word dangerous in a postive way with Losman. Alright now neg the hell out of me because I don't agree with some of you homers

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

LTFinfan just negged me but didn't have enough balls to post anything on the thread. That's funny.

Of course I predicted them last in our division last year while everyone else was predicting Super Bowl so maybe he knows I'm right.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by J TES
                    Oh and sure Losman looked better in the second half of last season, but at that point he had no pressure on him. the team was basically already eliminated from the playoffs, and he knew they weren't going to pull him for Holcomb. So he had no pressure on him.

haha! Clueless.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

The Bills lose there best corner and MLB and are now better than the Jets. Yeah the Bills signed Dockery but he isn't exactly the second coming of Larry Allen. He's slightly above average. Langston Walker is terrible, so get ready for multiple sack games from whomever he's supposed to block. Whittle is garbage. So this is your big offseason huh? That should put you in the playoffs. The Jets may very well be mediocre but what does that make Buffalo? Oh thats right, what they've been for a long time now, pathetic. The Pats still own this division, and thats not gonna change anytime soon. The Jets are a distant second followd by the Bills and Dolphins. I also really like your logic on Miami. They do suck, but how many more games did Buffalo win? I think it was what? one more. Prepare to be disappointed Bills fans. Dockery is an upgrade to what you had last year, but thats not saying much. He's no where near the player you make him out to be. Walker may very well be a downgrade to Pennington, and RG is still an issue. You don't have enough LB's, you have no RB to speak of. If Mcgee is your #1 corner your in for a lot of trouble; Lucky for you other than the Pats, your not the only team in the division that has major hole to fill. Oh and sure Losman looked better in the second half of last season, but at that point he had no pressure on him. the team was basically already eliminated from the playoffs, and he knew they weren't going to pull him for Holcomb. So he had no pressure on him. Lets wait and see how he responds early this season before we start using the word dangerous in a postive way with Losman. Alright now neg the hell out of me because I don't agree with some of you homers
                      Dude you don't deserve to be negged? I wasn't posting with the intent of everyone agreeing with me. Seriously, thanks for the post!!!

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

You know who the big wildcard is, who can really make a huge difference? JP.

If he takes his game to the next level, he has the skills to win games by himself.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE WORD POLICE: Of course, "by himself" does not mean he won't get help, it means he'd be the primary catalyst and difference-maker.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• J TES
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          haha! Clueless.
                          okay genius, then prove me wrong. Or is that all you have to say? I don't see what Losman did in the second half of last season as being that great. I mean the guy half way through last season was terrible through that point in his career. Fans were calling for him to be benched, and the media had already started speculating on when he would be benched or who is replacement was going to be for next season. The Bills sucked, and Losman knew he wasn't going to be benched for friggin Holcomb or Nall. So all he had to go out and do was play football with no pressure from coaches or ownership because even they new this team wasn't making the playoffs. No one debated Losman's ability, it's always been his head. So until Losman has actual pressure on him to win football games, not just improve from his previous pathetic play, i'll hold back my praising of the guy.

Comment

• Bling
                            • Jul 2004

LTFinfan just negged me but didn't have enough balls to post anything on the thread. That's funny.
                            That's funny. Didn't you tell me via PM that you don't care about that stuff? Obviously you do. LtFF had a right to neg you.

This is a more unbiased opinion.

(1) Pats. The team to beat. Upgraded heavily via FA.

(2) Jets. Year 2 of a new system. This team is mediocre and vanilla, however, very much heart filled and passionate. Chad Pennington is not great, but he definitely gets the job done. Very secure with the football, and smart. This team was an overachiever. They added a good RB, and could compete for a playoff berth again. This team is 8-8 team.

(3) Bills. Better OL. Inconsistent QB. Year 2 of a new system. Great special teams. Possibly healthier Spikes. Yobouty might be servicable, he might not. We don't know. The big question is the draft. If we go Willis than Fletcher we might get a good future LB to replace Fletcher down the road. However, we don't know yet. Biggest question mark is RB, but Yobouty, JP, Spikes, and who's the replacement for Fletcher. 6-10 team.

(4) The Dolphins are looking like a rebuilding team to me. This team wins 6-7 games if they are lucky. This is a team that could make a couple of surprise victories, but don't expect much. Biggest question marks are QB, how much longer JT and ZT can play at this level, and WR. 5-11, 6-10 team.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

okay genius, then prove me wrong. Or is that all you have to say? I don't see what Losman did in the second half of last season as being that great. I mean the guy half way through last season was terrible through that point in his career. Fans were calling for him to be benched, and the media had already started speculating on when he would be benched or who is replacement was going to be for next season. The Bills sucked, and Losman knew he wasn't going to be benched for friggin Holcomb or Nall. So all he had to go out and do was play football with no pressure from coaches or ownership because even they new this team wasn't making the playoffs. No one debated Losman's ability, it's always been his head. So until Losman has actual pressure on him to win football games, not just improve from his previous pathetic play, i'll hold back my praising of the guy.

do more research. the bills were still alive for a playoffs spot up until week 13 or 14. So you were wrong to think we had nothing to play for after mid-season .

Those two back to back come from behind wins were huge pressure games on JP and he did just fine.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X