PDA

View Full Version : Pats (1), Bills (2), Jets (3), Fins (4). That's the way it is.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 10:36 AM
This is where I see it based on what I saw last year:

(1) Pats. The team to beat.

(2) Bills. Better OL. Dangerous QB. Year 2 of a new system. Great special teams. Healthier Spikes. Yobouty will do so much better than people realize in replacing Clements. The big question is the draft. If we go Willis than Fletcher will be replaced by a much better rookie. Big question mark is RB.

(3) Jets. This team is mediocre and vanilla. Chad Pennington is not great. He's serviceable but he does throw picks and is very one dimensional. This team was an overachiever. I don't like teams that overachieve and than expect a follow up season. This team is 8-8 team.

(4) The Dolphins are looking like the Raiders to me. This team wins 6-7 games if they are lucky but I could see them going 4-12. This is not a good team.

Slow day today so have at it!!

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Hurricane , a homer? :eek:

Don't Panic
03-17-2007, 10:41 AM
I think the Bills/Jets games will be very competitive. Should be very fun to watch.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Dont see how you can have the Jets below Buffalo when they made the playoffs last year and traded to get a high quality RB in what was by far their greatest weakness

But to each their own. the Jets are far from unbeatable, very weak secondary

Jersey1031
03-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Dont see how you can have the Jets below Buffalo when they made the playoffs last year and traded to get a high quality RB in what was by far their greatest weakness

Eh...

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Hurricane , a homer? :eek:

Nope. I don't do Vegas or like to bet but I am good at making money on football. All the stats in the world don't help pick winners. It's all big picture. The Pats made me more money than any other team. And it was always when they were underestimated. I was 68.5% playing the spread and in 10 years I have never lost money.

The Jets are still mediocre even with a RB. They remind me alot of the Chiefs.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Nope. I don't do Vegas or like to bet but I am good at making money on football. All the stats in the world don't help pick winners. It's all big picture. The Pats made me more money than any other team. And it was always when they were underestimated. I was 68.5% playing the spread and in 10 years I have never lost money.

The Jets are still mediocre even with a RB. They remind me alot of the Chiefs.

I would rank the bills below the jets but I am called a rahrah guy! go figure.

J TES
03-17-2007, 10:59 AM

(2) Bills. Better OL. Dangerous QB. Year 2 of a new system. Great special teams. Healthier Spikes. Yobouty will do so much better than people realize in replacing Clements. The big question is the draft. If we go Willis than Fletcher will be replaced by a much better rookie. Big question mark is RB.

(3) Jets. This team is mediocre and vanilla. Chad Pennington is not great. He's serviceable but he does throw picks and is very one dimensional. This team was an overachiever. I don't like teams that overachieve and than expect a follow up season. This team is 8-8 team.

(4) The Dolphins are looking like the Raiders to me. This team wins 6-7 games if they are lucky but I could see them going 4-12. This is not a good team.

The Bills lose there best corner and MLB and are now better than the Jets. Yeah the Bills signed Dockery but he isn't exactly the second coming of Larry Allen. He's slightly above average. Langston Walker is terrible, so get ready for multiple sack games from whomever he's supposed to block. Whittle is garbage. So this is your big offseason huh? That should put you in the playoffs. The Jets may very well be mediocre but what does that make Buffalo? Oh thats right, what they've been for a long time now, pathetic. The Pats still own this division, and thats not gonna change anytime soon. The Jets are a distant second followd by the Bills and Dolphins. I also really like your logic on Miami. They do suck, but how many more games did Buffalo win? I think it was what? one more. Prepare to be disappointed Bills fans. Dockery is an upgrade to what you had last year, but thats not saying much. He's no where near the player you make him out to be. Walker may very well be a downgrade to Pennington, and RG is still an issue. You don't have enough LB's, you have no RB to speak of. If Mcgee is your #1 corner your in for a lot of trouble; Lucky for you other than the Pats, your not the only team in the division that has major hole to fill. Oh and sure Losman looked better in the second half of last season, but at that point he had no pressure on him. the team was basically already eliminated from the playoffs, and he knew they weren't going to pull him for Holcomb. So he had no pressure on him. Lets wait and see how he responds early this season before we start using the word dangerous in a postive way with Losman. Alright now neg the hell out of me because I don't agree with some of you homers

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 11:01 AM
LTFinfan just negged me but didn't have enough balls to post anything on the thread. That's funny.

Of course I predicted them last in our division last year while everyone else was predicting Super Bowl so maybe he knows I'm right.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh and sure Losman looked better in the second half of last season, but at that point he had no pressure on him. the team was basically already eliminated from the playoffs, and he knew they weren't going to pull him for Holcomb. So he had no pressure on him.

haha! Clueless.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 11:07 AM
The Bills lose there best corner and MLB and are now better than the Jets. Yeah the Bills signed Dockery but he isn't exactly the second coming of Larry Allen. He's slightly above average. Langston Walker is terrible, so get ready for multiple sack games from whomever he's supposed to block. Whittle is garbage. So this is your big offseason huh? That should put you in the playoffs. The Jets may very well be mediocre but what does that make Buffalo? Oh thats right, what they've been for a long time now, pathetic. The Pats still own this division, and thats not gonna change anytime soon. The Jets are a distant second followd by the Bills and Dolphins. I also really like your logic on Miami. They do suck, but how many more games did Buffalo win? I think it was what? one more. Prepare to be disappointed Bills fans. Dockery is an upgrade to what you had last year, but thats not saying much. He's no where near the player you make him out to be. Walker may very well be a downgrade to Pennington, and RG is still an issue. You don't have enough LB's, you have no RB to speak of. If Mcgee is your #1 corner your in for a lot of trouble; Lucky for you other than the Pats, your not the only team in the division that has major hole to fill. Oh and sure Losman looked better in the second half of last season, but at that point he had no pressure on him. the team was basically already eliminated from the playoffs, and he knew they weren't going to pull him for Holcomb. So he had no pressure on him. Lets wait and see how he responds early this season before we start using the word dangerous in a postive way with Losman. Alright now neg the hell out of me because I don't agree with some of you homers

Dude you don't deserve to be negged? I wasn't posting with the intent of everyone agreeing with me. Seriously, thanks for the post!!!:posrep:

Philagape
03-17-2007, 11:07 AM
You know who the big wildcard is, who can really make a huge difference? JP.

If he takes his game to the next level, he has the skills to win games by himself.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE WORD POLICE: Of course, "by himself" does not mean he won't get help, it means he'd be the primary catalyst and difference-maker.

J TES
03-17-2007, 11:11 AM
haha! Clueless.
okay genius, then prove me wrong. Or is that all you have to say? I don't see what Losman did in the second half of last season as being that great. I mean the guy half way through last season was terrible through that point in his career. Fans were calling for him to be benched, and the media had already started speculating on when he would be benched or who is replacement was going to be for next season. The Bills sucked, and Losman knew he wasn't going to be benched for friggin Holcomb or Nall. So all he had to go out and do was play football with no pressure from coaches or ownership because even they new this team wasn't making the playoffs. No one debated Losman's ability, it's always been his head. So until Losman has actual pressure on him to win football games, not just improve from his previous pathetic play, i'll hold back my praising of the guy.

Bling
03-17-2007, 11:14 AM
LTFinfan just negged me but didn't have enough balls to post anything on the thread. That's funny.

That's funny. Didn't you tell me via PM that you don't care about that stuff? Obviously you do. LtFF had a right to neg you.

This is a more unbiased opinion.

(1) Pats. The team to beat. Upgraded heavily via FA.

(2) Jets. Year 2 of a new system. This team is mediocre and vanilla, however, very much heart filled and passionate. Chad Pennington is not great, but he definitely gets the job done. Very secure with the football, and smart. This team was an overachiever. They added a good RB, and could compete for a playoff berth again. This team is 8-8 team.

(3) Bills. Better OL. Inconsistent QB. Year 2 of a new system. Great special teams. Possibly healthier Spikes. Yobouty might be servicable, he might not. We don't know. The big question is the draft. If we go Willis than Fletcher we might get a good future LB to replace Fletcher down the road. However, we don't know yet. Biggest question mark is RB, but Yobouty, JP, Spikes, and who's the replacement for Fletcher. 6-10 team.

(4) The Dolphins are looking like a rebuilding team to me. This team wins 6-7 games if they are lucky. This is a team that could make a couple of surprise victories, but don't expect much. Biggest question marks are QB, how much longer JT and ZT can play at this level, and WR. 5-11, 6-10 team.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 11:17 AM
okay genius, then prove me wrong. Or is that all you have to say? I don't see what Losman did in the second half of last season as being that great. I mean the guy half way through last season was terrible through that point in his career. Fans were calling for him to be benched, and the media had already started speculating on when he would be benched or who is replacement was going to be for next season. The Bills sucked, and Losman knew he wasn't going to be benched for friggin Holcomb or Nall. So all he had to go out and do was play football with no pressure from coaches or ownership because even they new this team wasn't making the playoffs. No one debated Losman's ability, it's always been his head. So until Losman has actual pressure on him to win football games, not just improve from his previous pathetic play, i'll hold back my praising of the guy.

do more research. the bills were still alive for a playoffs spot up until week 13 or 14. So you were wrong to think we had nothing to play for after mid-season .

Those two back to back come from behind wins were huge pressure games on JP and he did just fine.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 11:19 AM
That's funny. Didn't you tell me via PM that you don't care about that stuff? Obviously you do. LtFF had a right to neg you.

1) I don't like getting accused of stuff I have nothing do with and that's why I had to send you a PM so you would stop using my name in PMs.

2) Have the balls to make a post and state your case. That was my issue not about getting negged. Negging and not posting anything is lame.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 11:23 AM

(2) Jets. Year 2 of a new system. This team is mediocre and vanilla, however, very much heart filled and passionate. Chad Pennington is not great, but he definitely gets the job done. Very secure with the football, and smart. This team was an overachiever. They added a good RB, and could compete for a playoff berth again. This team is 8-8 team.

(3) Bills. Better OL. Inconsistent QB. Year 2 of a new system. Great special teams. Possibly healthier Spikes. Yobouty might be servicable, he might not. We don't know. The big question is the draft. If we go Willis than Fletcher we might get a good future LB to replace Fletcher down the road. However, we don't know yet. Biggest question mark is RB, but Yobouty, JP, Spikes, and who's the replacement for Fletcher. 6-10 team.

(4) The Dolphins are looking like a rebuilding team to me. This team wins 6-7 games if they are lucky. This is a team that could make a couple of surprise victories, but don't expect much. Biggest question marks are QB, how much longer JT and ZT can play at this level, and WR. 5-11, 6-10 team.

This is a good post. I'm not sure why it's more unbiased?

SABURZFAN
03-17-2007, 11:25 AM
(2) Bills. Better OL. Dangerous QB.

did we bring jim kelly out of mothballs? :huh:

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 11:35 AM
What people that don't watch the Bills don't realize.

1) The first 7 games were given away. We went 2-5. We purposely forced JP to stay in the pocket and not roll out. We forced him to stay in the pocket behind a horrible OL.

2) Our OL sucked until the Bye. Even than: Reyes got benched, Gandy got demoted, Peters went from the right to left, Villareal got replaced by Preston and we started a rookie at RT. People don't think our offseason moves weren't huge?

We gave away at least 2 games before the bye training our QB and trying to survive behind one of the worst lines in football.

This year we will have a mature OL and a mature QB on opening day. That's huge.

On D Spikes hardly played last season. How many starts did he have? Fletcher has the heart of lion but the physical abilities of a Chihuahua. Fletcher looked like he was going on a pony ride every time the RB got into our secondary. Nate didn't show up until after the bye. Guaranteed that Yoboutys peformance can't be worse in the first seven games this year as Clements was last year.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 11:37 AM
did we bring jim kelly out of mothballs? :huh:

JP has the ability to make game changing plays as demonstarted against Houston and Jacksonville. Granted he'll need to be more careful of the ones that go the other way.

YardRat
03-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Pending more FA moves and what happens in the draft, I'd have the Bills ranked below the Pats and Jets.

redsoxkick101
03-17-2007, 11:46 AM
all i can say is with no rb back jp is going to show how good he really is. th

Michael82
03-17-2007, 11:46 AM

Excellent Post! It's nice to see another one has seen the light. Personally, I agree with you on the Jets. Thomas Jones doesn't scare me. I like Washington as the starting RB better. :::

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Pending more FA moves and what happens in the draft, I'd have the Bills ranked below the Pats and Jets.

And have Jets fans arguing about being better than the Pats?

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 11:55 AM

I love Boston fans. I was out in Utah and was watching the tourney with a bunch of them. They were all really high on JP but thought getting rid of McGahee was a terrible move. I was busting on them about how many calls go their way and the were like "no way". It was pretty funny.

redsoxkick101
03-17-2007, 11:57 AM
I love Boston fans. I was out in Utah and was watching the tourney with a bunch of them. They were all really high on JP but thought getting rid of McGahee was a terrible move. I was busting on them about how many calls go their way and the were like "no way". It was pretty funny.
ok, not really needed. Im just saying without a decent rb teams bills play can just sit back and wait for jp to throw.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 12:00 PM
ok, not really needed. Im just saying without a decent rb teams bills play can just sit back and wait for jp to throw.

Do you think the 990 yards (at 3.8 per carry) really helped JP out this year?

redsoxkick101
03-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Do you think the 990 yards (at 3.8 per carry) really helped JP out this year?
true. who blocked for him again?

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 12:07 PM
true. who blocked for him again?

Last I looked JP and Willis played behind the same line.

redsoxkick101
03-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Last I looked JP and Willis played behind the same line.
ao the fact the ol wasnt that good had nothing to do with hus numbers?

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 12:16 PM

This was your original argument, right?

Are we debating Willis now? Just checking.

Jersey1031
03-17-2007, 12:18 PM
ao the fact the ol wasnt that good had nothing to do with hus numbers?

The games we lost he was getting sacked, and the ones we won he didn't...

redsoxkick101
03-17-2007, 12:19 PM
This was your original argument, right?

Are we debating Willis now? Just checking.
willis was a good rb. that will hurt jp. he was leading the league in rushing for a few weeks and would ave been over 1,000 yards again if not for injury. if they dont replace willis this will hurt jp.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 12:23 PM
willis was a good rb. that will hurt jp. he was leading the league in rushing for a few weeks and would ave been over 1,000 yards again if not for injury. if they dont replace willis this will hurt jp.

I think the A-train could've easily gained 990 yds if he started ahead of Willis. Their ypc was only a difference of .1 . I agree that replacing an average at best rb like Willis is gonna help JP. Doesn't mean that Wilis is a huge loss to us. He didn't do much anyways. Those 990 yards are easily replaced.

!Papacrunk!
03-17-2007, 12:31 PM
How is this o-line who hasn't played a down together yet, better?
I realize What If games are pointless, but this is a message board. So what if this billion-dollar premiere o-line isn't what it's cracked up to be? That's a lot of golden eggs who really haven't done anything substantial yet, especially when some of them were sharing ground with some substantial players. What if Evans goes down? No offense to the play of JP, but Evans is one helluva great WR that makes JP look really good--he should be very grateful that he has Evans to throw to. Aren't there some people here that say that Culpepper was only good enough to heave up the ball and let Moss take it from there? So what has Youboty done so far to make him better then Clement, one needs more to back that up other than making a statement that sounds pretty much like an opinion so far. Forgive the silly "what ifs" but it must be the offseason to be making such bold predictions before the draft has even happened yet. Then again, I really can't hold anything against your post since at this early point, it seems to be mainly just an opinion post.

!Papacrunk!
03-17-2007, 12:34 PM
I think the A-train could've easily gained 990 yds if he started ahead of Willis. Their ypc was only a difference of .1 . I agree that replacing an average at best rb like Willis is gonna help JP. Doesn't mean that Wilis is a huge loss to us. He didn't do much anyways. Those 990 yards are easily replaced.
I guess it's a good thing that old man Dillon was able to be successful in a committee type setup in NE, since A-Train is getting a bit old to be the feature back. This isn't a smack question, but who will be the other guy in the Bills running back by committee setup?

Jersey1031
03-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I guess it's a good thing that old man Dillon was able to be successful in a committee type setup in NE, since A-Train is getting a bit old to be the feature back. This isn't a smack question, but who will be the other guy in the Bills running back by committee setup?

...Adrian Peterson.

!Papacrunk!
03-17-2007, 12:55 PM
...Adrian Peterson.
that would be a very dynamic duo, especially when Peterson is healthy. Potentially a lot better replacement than Willis.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 12:56 PM

Shoot, if a 2nd year rb like Roniie Brown can outdo Willis, it shouldn't be hard to find someone else. Like I said, IMO the A_train can easily make 1000 yards. As for the other one, we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure the bills are not going to ignore that.

Jersey1031
03-17-2007, 12:56 PM
that would be a very dynamic duo, especially when Peterson is healthy. Potentially a lot better replacement than Willis.

Potentially, and the best part is, this scenario is completely possible.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 01:10 PM
How is this o-line who hasn't played a down together yet, better?
I realize What If games are pointless, but this is a message board. So what if this billion-dollar premiere o-line isn't what it's cracked up to be? That's a lot of golden eggs who really haven't done anything substantial yet, especially when some of them were sharing ground with some substantial players. What if Evans goes down? No offense to the play of JP, but Evans is one helluva great WR that makes JP look really good--he should be very grateful that he has Evans to throw to. Aren't there some people here that say that Culpepper was only good enough to heave up the ball and let Moss take it from there? So what has Youboty done so far to make him better then Clement, one needs more to back that up other than making a statement that sounds pretty much like an opinion so far. Forgive the silly "what ifs" but it must be the offseason to be making such bold predictions before the draft has even happened yet. Then again, I really can't hold anything against your post since at this early point, it seems to be mainly just an opinion post.

Yes, it was mostly an opinion post for the most part. Thank you for recogninzing this.

I have 2 things I'd like to challenge you on:

1) How good would have Marino been without Clayton and Duper?

and

2) How can our OL not be better? Peters only played LT for 9 games and was awesome. You don't think he'll be better and having those 9 games under his belt? Dockery isn't a 100% upgrade over Gandy? Fowler played the entire season as our center so nothing changed there. That leaves RG and RT. Preston and Pennington are coming back but most likely not as starters. We brought in 2 guys, that on paper, are better. No matter what happens, and who plays at those positions we will have improved play. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that disagrees with that.

gr8slayer
03-17-2007, 02:06 PM

Pretty fair. I agree with most of it.

gr8slayer
03-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Potential just means you haven't done anything yet.

Lynch > Peterson

!Papacrunk!
03-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Yes, it was mostly an opinion post for the most part. Thank you for recogninzing this.

I have 2 things I'd like to challenge you on:

1) How good would have Marino been without Clayton and Duper?

and

2) How can our OL not be better? Peters only played LT for 9 games and was awesome. You don't think he'll be better and having those 9 games under his belt? Dockery isn't a 100% upgrade over Gandy? Fowler played the entire season as our center so nothing changed there. That leaves RG and RT. Preston and Pennington are coming back but most likely not as starters. We brought in 2 guys, that on paper, are better. No matter what happens, and who plays at those positions we will have improved play. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that disagrees with that.

1.) How good could Clayton and Duper been w/o Marino? With that said is Evans good soley on his own distinct talent, or is he good because of Losman?
2.)"that on paper, are better." That's the whole aim of my arguement, let's wait until the season starts before grades are being given out.

I realize these type of threads are good entertainment before everything gets going, but the draft hasn't even happened yet and we're already discussing division placement. The Jets, Saints, and Dolphins should prove that making pre-season judgements can be very futile.

gr8slayer
03-17-2007, 02:30 PM
1.) How good could Clayton and Duper been w/o Marino? With that said is Evans good soley on his own distinct talent, or is he good because of Losman?
2.)"that on paper, are better." That's the whole aim of my arguement, let's wait until the season starts before grades are being given out.

I realize these type of threads are good entertainment before everything gets going, but the draft hasn't even happened yet and we're already discussing division placement. The Jets, Saints, and Dolphins should prove that making pre-season judgements can be very futile.
Well Evans was still making huge plays with Bledsoe and Holcomb. Granted not as many but he was still making them.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 02:35 PM

Yes, I am trying to provide a little fun here. The Bills could draft Leon Hall and I'll put them at #4 so quick that FTP won't have time to post his crticism.

There are very few QBs that can throw a ball as far as JP which makes Evans look better than he is. Believe me his numbers wouldn't be very good with holcomb back there. At the same time I have seen Evans bake 2 DBs at the same time and give him all day to adjust to a JP pass. Buth with any great tandem you usually need bot to make it happen. Moss doesn't look very good right now.

McBFLO
03-17-2007, 03:11 PM
do more research. the bills were still alive for a playoffs spot up until week 13 or 14. So you were wrong to think we had nothing to play for after mid-season .

Those two back to back come from behind wins were huge pressure games on JP and he did just fine.
It was actually Week 16, when we lost to the Titans.

Michael82
03-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Don't forget that A-Train also knows how to pick up a blitz. McGahee let JP get killed quite a few times. :ill:

feelthepain
03-17-2007, 11:05 PM

I can see you love your team, but you don't have either a Defense or offense that ranked anywhere near the top 20 in the NFL last year, you get rid of your best RB,CB and the heart and soul of your Defense. Also if the reports are true Spikes will be gone aswell. I kow Bills fans didn't like Willis, but the guy is still much better then anyone the Bills have to replace him.

You act as if whomever you have left will pick up the slack from the talent that left and your team won't even miss them. You add an avg. Olinemen and two below avg. linemen and you act as if your Oline is all fixed....what about injuries?? Do you honestly think your Oline will make it through the whole year healthy?? JP's has had a handful of good games in his career and you can fin plenty about him that makes you uncomfortable. So basically, you have question marks along the Oline, a well below avg. D a well below avg. running game.

Now in Miami, we already had a top 5 D, we add Joey Porter. Say what you like, but he was a great additon to an already great D. We've lost some players, but all that we have lost that really matters is Wes Welker, who was just a slot receiver and Randy McMichael who had lots of heart, but wasn't irreplaceable. Everyone else except maybe McKintosh was a backup and not very god backups at that. So honestly what does Miami have to replace to, if nothing else be the same team as last year?? Wes Welker, Randy McMicahael and Damion McKintosh??

Conclusion:

Miami's D- Top 5 as is,Needs: slight upgrade at S!!
Buffalo's D- Not even close! Needs: ILB. OLB, DT, CB

Miami's ST- very good
Buffalo's ST- slightly better

Miami's O- We still have quite a few Skill position players remaining on the team Brown, Chambers, Booker, and Hagan (I include him because he was a 1st day pick for us and we have high hopes for him, given the injury to the QB position last year Hagan still had a decent showing) we could also have Ricky back. His agent reports he's looking forward to returning to the Dolphins and Cam has expressed how impressed he was with Ricky's work in the CFL last year. Or we could trade him for a valuable pick, either way we would benefit in some way from Ricky.

We will need: LT, LG, WR, TE. Miami's QB position "could be" better then fine with the return of a healthy Daunte or it could be a mess if he doesn't return (unless) Miami does something to ensure that whatever happens to Daunte, we will have a replacement.

If I had a guess about what will happen in Miami this year at QB is Daunte will have to compete with whomever they bring in, be it a veteran like Trent Green or a rookie like Brady Quinn, or Drew Stanton or a less experienced pro QB like a Matt Schaub. Obviously it's still early and there is plenty of time for Randy Mueller to figure out what he's gonna do with the QB position. But I expect, given what Cam Cameron likes to do on O, our QB position will be much better come the start of spring tranning then it was at the end of the season last year.

Miami's O is in a different situation then Buffalo's D, Olinemen can be had mid to late in the draft and they can start and be successful. The QB situation is also IMO going to be much better then it was last year, no matter what happens to Daunte because I don't think Miami heads into the season without a skilled QB, no matter who it is. That still leaves Miami with a whole lotta of experience on the O side of the ball. We have lost quite a bit of the previous roster, but little of it was very good. So we haven't laost much, and yet we still finished the season last year 20th overall on O, some 7 poitions higher then the Bills.

Maimi aslo added Cam Cameron, this may be the biggest difference for the Dolphins. His ability to call a football game is among the best in the league,he can't help but improve our O.

Buffalo's O- Has skill at the skill position, WR for Buffalo is set, your Oline has been upgraded, though IMO only slightly, but that could change in the draft. Your O was showing signs of improvement late in the season, JP played better he seemed to settle down and that';s usually the case as teams start to find their nitch. Is JP anything special? Not at this point, however given another year of steady improvement, could be. The Bills need to get more balance from their O and this might be all that's needed to put JP over the top. We will see.

The Bills still need: RB, TE to help them improve, will Everett be that guy?? Well he played for one of the most talented college programs in the country, If he stays healthy this could be a big boost for the Bills in 07. This is key to their Balance. The Bills might not have to draft a RB to to be balanced, they just need to add the right type of RB to do what best fits what they do. So he doesn't have to be a superstar, just a good fit. If they have better gaurds then Tackles then they need a north south pound it out type of back, They have that in A.Thomas, but they can do better. If they have better T's then G's then a one cut hit the hole with speed back will be the best in their O. Either way I think they can find what they need so filling the psotion shouldn't be tough. If the Bills can build on the late season success they had last year this uunit could be a bright spot for them in 07.

Bottom line:

Miami: Needs- S, WR, LT, LG, TE......(QB)*

Buffalo: Needs- ILB, OLB, DT, RB, TE, CB

ST- Slight advantage Bills.

Now given neither the Bills O or D are anywheres close to even top 20, and the fact that with all the starting talent the Bills have lost. The Bills also have more positions to fill. Lets also not forget that while JP did improve slightly this year, the QB position is in no way a strength for the Bills at this point. It could be "if" JP starts to live up to the first round selection. Lets face it guy's even with his imporvements in the second half of last season, there can't be one Bill fan that thinks JP's played up to the first round level of talent last year, improvement from his previous season yes, but not firts round talent imporvement and BTW, didn't the Bills have to give up even more then a first round pick for JP?? didn't they have to trade up with the Cowboys to get JP, multiple picks?? What exactly did JP cost the Bills?? That needs to be considered when evaluating his performance since entering the league.

Miami on the other has about the same ST's situation as the Bills and we have a superbowl quality defense. We need to address the QB position, but at this point it can go either way. Miami could end up with Daunte back to form, or a seviceable replacement or even better. Or Miami could be even worse at QB then they were last year, however given Ranndy Muellers ability to draft quality QB's we will most likely imporve over the starting QB position come the start of the season one way or the other. Lets face it, if Miami can just get somewhere near the top 15 offenses in the lague next year we could compete for a playoff berth. Afterall we were 20th overall last year with a banged up Oline and Joey Harrington as QB. Cam Cameron should improve the offense quite a bit. It will come down to the QB position for Miami, if we get very good to great play from that position it will make or break our season. So basically Miam's season will ride on the performance of one position.

The Bills on the other hand will need their Offense to greatly imporve and their Defense to greatly improve. Just to get a playoff berth. Miami doesn't need the Defense to improve at all, but the addition of Porter will make us better. Even if just slightly, but I think he will be a monster in our Dfense.

So looking at everything Miami's biggest issue is QB we fix that and could be dangerous, Buffalo's is Defense, but need marked improvement from both sides of the ball. Therefore Bills need more improvements.

gr8slayer
03-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Culpepper :laughing:

jamze132
03-18-2007, 02:27 AM

But to each their own. the Jets are far from unbeatable, very weak secondary
And at QB. I bet Pennington's arm hurts this year.

John Doe
03-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Now in Miami, we already had a top 5 D, we add Joey Porter. Say what you like, but he was a great additon to an already great D. We've lost some players, but all that we have lost that really matters is Wes Welker, who was just a slot receiver and Randy McMichael who had lots of heart, but wasn't irreplaceable. Everyone else except maybe McKintosh was a backup and not very god backups at that.

You lost the heart and soul of your special teams: David Bowens, Sammy Morris, and (again) Welker. These guys were top notch in that department.

Your conclusion that Miami's special teams will be "very good" needs some reassessment.

Statman
03-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Pats (1), Bills (2), Jets (3), Fins (4). That's the way it is.
What are you, Walter Cronkite.

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 09:57 AM
You lost the heart and soul of your special teams: David Bowens, Sammy Morris, and (again) Welker. These guys were top notch in that department.

Your conclusion that Miami's special teams will be "very good" needs some reassessment.

Miami is trying to resign David Bowens, Miami aslo signed Cameron Worrell a S and very good ST player from the Bears. I think our ST will be just fine.

John Doe
03-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Miami is trying to resign David Bowens, Miami aslo signed Cameron Worrell a S and very good ST player from the Bears. I think our ST will be just fine.

Who will be returning punts and kickoffs?

Welker was an impact player.

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Of course you do, you are a blind homer who thinks every player is the best player in the league at their position.

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Who will be returning punts and kickoffs?

Welker was an impact player.

We still have a long ways to go in FA and when teams start making their cuts, besides We didn't exactly light up the league with his punt returns and we still had a good ST unit. We also have the draft still, there is a lot that can be done before camp.

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Of course you do, you are a blind homer who thinks every player is the best player in the league at their position.

Look in the mirror girly, you're talking about yourself!

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Look in the mirror girly, you're talking about yourself!
Limp wrist, why don't you go make love to your Bennie Anderson poster.

Bill Brasky
03-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry, but right now the Jets are better than the Bills.

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Limp wrist, why don't you go make love to your Bennie Anderson poster.

Your sexual fanatsies are sick!! Ofcourse you're a Bill fan so that would explain why.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm sorry, but right now the Jets are better than the Bills.

I am making the assumption that the Bills are far from finishing addressing key positions. The Bills were good enough to beat the Jets, on the road, with an OL that wasn't half as good as it looks right now. JP now has a full season under his belt.

This is the way I see it:

1) Clements loss has been 100% addressed. Yobouty had a first round grade and Leon Hall is not any better than Yobouty. With the resigning of Thomas and the maturing of Simpson and Whitner our secondary will be very solid.

2) RB. Those who think losing Willis isn't a loss aren't thinking straight. However, if we draft Bush, Lynch, or get Peterson we will be completely healed at this position.

3) LB. This to me is the make or break of our season. Rookie LBs have the quickest maturation period of any position. How we go in the draft will say it all. We are replacing 2 LBs!! Fletcher and Spikes so we need to do very well here.

I love our front office. I have a ton of faith in them. Unlike TD where he would just do the most stupid things I believe 100% in the Marv plan.

I think we will draft well and we are not done picking up some FAs after the draft. When training camp comes this team will look very, very, good.

BETTER than the Jets that we beat on the road.

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 12:30 PM
I am making the assumption that the Bills are far from finishing addressing key positions. The Bills were good enough to beat the Jets, on the road, with an OL that wasn't half as good as it looks right now. JP now has a full season under his belt.

This is the way I see it:

1) Clements loss has been 100% addressed. Yobouty had a first round grade and Leon Hall is not any better than Yobouty. With the resigning of Thomas and the maturing of Simpson and Whitner our secondary will be very solid.

2) RB. Those who think losing Willis isn't a loss aren't thinking straight. However, if we draft Bush, Lynch, or get Peterson we will be completely healed at this position.

3) LB. This to me is the make or break of our season. Rookie LBs have the quickest maturation period of any position. How we go in the draft will say it all. We are replacing 2 LBs!! Fletcher and Spikes so we need to do very well here.

I love our front office. I have a ton of faith in them. Unlike TD where he would just do the most stupid things I believe 100% in the Marv plan.

I think we will draft well and we are not done picking up some FAs after the draft. When training camp comes this team will look very, very, good.

BETTER than the Jets that we beat on the road.

Hmmmm, I just don't think the Bills will go from the 27th best rushing defense to the top 20. The reson your secondary appeared to look so good is because teams spent more time running on you then passing on you. Giving the illusion the passing D was better then it was. In other words not really tested. And why would anyone throw the ball on the Bills when they could easily run the ball? How do you ignore the 28th ranked Rushing defense, 27th ranked offense and then claim you're better then the Jets??

HHURRICANE
03-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Hmmmm, I just don't think the Bills will go from the 27th best rushing defense to the top 20. The reson your secondary appeared to look so good is because teams spent more time running on you then passing on you. Giving the illusion the passing D was better then it was. In other words not really tested. And why would anyone throw the ball on the Bills when they could easily run the ball? How do you ignore the 28th ranked Rushing defense, 27th ranked offense and then claim you're better then the Jets??

I actually agree with you here. Did I say something to the contrary?

Everybody keeps saying that nobody was throwing Nates way. Why would they? Teams ran on us at will and I can think of three games Indy, Pats, and Titans where we never saw the ball again because of the running D sucking so bad. Fletcher and Spikes were always late and against the Titans they were no where near the ball. LB and DT need to improve drastically or it will be a repeat of last year.

North_Coast
03-18-2007, 02:22 PM

I don't think that the Bills have to have a "top" defense to get a lot better. Indy won the Super Bowl with a D that was one of the worst against the run. What Indy developed was the ability to make long, sustained, time-eating offensive drives. That's how they beat the Bills, and how they won the Super Bowl.

That's what the Bills are aiming at. They've addressed their biggest offensive weakness, the OL. If they draft a good RB on the first day (I like Lynch, but the more I think about it, a LB is probably more of a need), they should get at least equal if not more production from the running game, especially on short yardage. How many games did the Bills lose last year because they couldn't "punch it in" from the 2 yard line? How many drives stalled because they couldn't make 3rd and 1? If the Bills can improve their short yardage game -- which it seems what bringing in Dockery, Walker, and Whittle was intended to do -- then they add a couple of wins to their total easy.

If the Bills can score more points on offense, they take the pressure off their D. They seem to have the passing game pretty well in hand, but the running game still needs work. It's why there are new guys on the OL, and why there will be a new RB in TC.

BTW, what did having the #4 defense get the Fins last year? 6 wins. Unless they get better QB play and find a left tackle in the draft who can start, it's going to be a long season for the Fishies.

As for the Jets, I think they kinda got lucky last year, especially since they had an easier schedule. I don't think they tank, but I think getting 10 wins was overachieving. Of course, if Pennington gets hurt, they're in the toilet again. He's the ultimate over-achiever!

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 02:27 PM
I actually agree with you here. Did I say something to the contrary?

Everybody keeps saying that nobody was throwing Nates way. Why would they? Teams ran on us at will and I can think of three games Indy, Pats, and Titans where we never saw the ball again because of the running D sucking so bad. Fletcher and Spikes were always late and against the Titans they were no where near the ball. LB and DT need to improve drastically or it will be a repeat of last year.

I just don't see how the Bills could be the 2nd best team in the division. If on the other hand you're basing your opinion on what could be, then that theory could end any 1 of a 1000 ways. But lest assume the Bills do make all the imporvments you mention, your assumption is that "ONLY the Bills" imporve?

That's not likely at all. Now lets assume the Dolphins do the same improving and lets also assume that Daunte returns to his form, there is no way in Hell JP hangs with Daunte at the QB position. Therefore Buffalo is at the bottom of the division, because every team in the division finished the year last year with much higher Offensive and Defensive stats.....much higher!!

So assuming everyone improves, all you have is last years wins and losses. Sure the Bills beat the fins twice, but there no guarantee that will happen again. Ofcousre you do have the two year old Bill fans here like gr8slayer and justa, that think all that matters is those two wins. But in reality wins from one season to the next mean far less then overall stats, why?? Because "any given Sunday" is why, two games a season means nothing when compared to how teams play over a 16 game schedule. Even the Lions and Raiders won at least 2 games last year, so honestly how can two games out of 16 prove anything, answer, they don't.

You agree, that your Defensive secondary was not tested last year by the likes of Indy one of, if not the best passing teams in football. So until the secondary is tested you don't know what they'll do, lets say your FO shores up the front seven and teams can't move the ball on the ground against the Bills. Teams must then throw the ball on the Bills, until that happens there is no way to know what you have in the secondary.

The way I see it there is still a lot to fix in Buffalo on D and still a lot of questions to be answered on O, JP is far from a guranteed thing, so you can't just excuse his position as excluded from concern, no running game, no TE. There are still a whole lotta questions to be answered for the Bills, improvement is not immanent.

At least Miami has a SB caliber Defense and a very good ST unit. That's two of three import factors in making preseason predictions. So I don't understand the rankings you have. At this point, Miami needs a QB, LT, LG and TE. four things to imporve their offens. The Bills need much more then that.

feldspar
03-18-2007, 02:51 PM
People who think the Bills sucked last year don't know what they are talking about, and to claim that the Jets are better than the Bills is ignorant. I don't care if they had the better record...the Bills totally outplayed the Jets both times last year, and the Jets got totally lucky to win the first game

Buffalo's record (7 - 9) doesn't tell the story. We lost five games by a total of 10 points. If we scored 15 more points, our record would have been 12 and 4. We totally competed in every game we played except two.

On top of everything else, the Bills had the toughest schedule in the league last year.

Believe me, the Bills will compete this year.

New England
Buffalo
New York
Miami

That's how I see it. And remember, New England plays Indy and San Diego next year, and we don't. Anything can happen.

feldspar
03-18-2007, 03:12 PM
You agree, that your Defensive secondary was not tested last year by the likes of Indy one of, if not the best passing teams in football.

Actually we DID play Indy last year.

They beat us by one point.

We held them to 17 points.

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Actually we DID play Indy last year.

They beat us by one point.

We held them to 17 points.
Hey don't argue with him, his family follows the Redskins so he knows more about football than you do by default.

feldspar
03-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Hmmmm, I just don't think the Bills will go from the 27th best rushing defense to the top 20.

How do you ignore the 28th ranked Rushing defense, 27th ranked offense and then claim you're better then the Jets??

it looks like our rushing defense dropped in ranking during the time it took you to write your post.

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 03:53 PM
it looks like our rushing defense dropped in ranking during the time it took you to write your post.
You'll learn that education is not FTP's forte.

feldspar
03-18-2007, 04:22 PM
You'll learn that education is not FTP's forte.

Should I tell him that the Bills were ranked 18th in total defense, or is he having too much fun with his ever-changing stats?

Should I tell him that Buffalo has repeated been #1 in special teams for the past few years? Pretty impressive even when you don't consider Buffalo's bad weather.

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Should I tell him that the Bills were ranked 18th in total defense, or is he having too much fun with his ever-changing stats?

Should I tell him that Buffalo has repeated been #1 in special teams for the past few years? Pretty impressive even when you don't consider Buffalo's bad weather.

I know you like to find only good in what the Bills do, but your 18th overall defense was 18th because your passing D ranked so high. Your Passing D ranked so high because everyone ran the ball on the Bills and didn't have to pass, but I thought this has already been coverd!! You should read the posts first, unlike gr8slayer who has to have her 4 year old sister read things for her.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2007, 05:12 PM
At this point, Miami needs a QB, LT, LG and TE. four things to imporve their offens. The Bills need much more then that.

That's pretty funny. You're just a QB, LT, LG and TE from fixing your offense? Your alot closer than I thought. I should have ranked you guys at #1.

justasportsfan
03-18-2007, 05:20 PM
I just don't see how the Bills could be the 2nd best team in the division. If on the other hand you're basing your opinion on what could be, then that theory could end any 1 of a 1000 ways. But lest assume the Bills do make all the imporvments you mention, your assumption is that "ONLY the Bills" imporve?

That's not likely at all. Now lets assume the Dolphins do the same improving and lets also assume that Daunte returns to his form, there is no way in Hell JP hangs with Daunte at the QB position. Therefore Buffalo is at the bottom of the division, because every team in the division finished the year last year with much higher Offensive and Defensive stats.....much higher!!

So assuming everyone improves, all you have is last years wins and losses. Sure the Bills beat the fins twice, but there no guarantee that will happen again. Ofcousre you do have the two year old Bill fans here like gr8slayer and justa, that think all that matters is those two wins. But in reality wins from one season to the next mean far less then overall stats, why?? Because "any given Sunday" is why, two games a season means nothing when compared to how teams play over a 16 game schedule. Even the Lions and Raiders won at least 2 games last year, so honestly how can two games out of 16 prove anything, answer, they don't.

You agree, that your Defensive secondary was not tested last year by the likes of Indy one of, if not the best passing teams in football. So until the secondary is tested you don't know what they'll do, lets say your FO shores up the front seven and teams can't move the ball on the ground against the Bills. Teams must then throw the ball on the Bills, until that happens there is no way to know what you have in the secondary.

The way I see it there is still a lot to fix in Buffalo on D and still a lot of questions to be answered on O, JP is far from a guranteed thing, so you can't just excuse his position as excluded from concern, no running game, no TE. There are still a whole lotta questions to be answered for the Bills, improvement is not immanent.

At least Miami has a SB caliber Defense and a very good ST unit. That's two of three import factors in making preseason predictions. So I don't understand the rankings you have. At this point, Miami needs a QB, LT, LG and TE. four things to imporve their offens. The Bills need much more then that.

:rofl:

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 05:39 PM
That's pretty funny. You're just a QB, LT, LG and TE from fixing your offense? Your alot closer than I thought. I should have ranked you guys at #1.

Well it makes about as much sesnse as your team needing more and putting them above everyone but the Pats!! Miami at least has the best Defense in the divison and almost the league. You also act as if your QB situation is solved, it isn't till he actually starts playing like a first round pick. So what exactly do you see in the Bills that makes them better then everyone but the Pats??

feldspar
03-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I know you like to find only good in what the Bills do, but your 18th overall defense was 18th because your passing D ranked so high. Your Passing D ranked so high because everyone ran the ball on the Bills and didn't have to pass, but I thought this has already been coverd!! You should read the posts first, unlike gr8slayer who has to have her 4 year old sister read things for her.

That's only your opinion.

To change the subject, how can you have confidence in the Dolphins this year?

justasportsfan
03-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Well it makes about as much sesnse as your team needing more and putting them above everyone but the Pats!! Miami at least has the best Defense in the divison and almost the league. You also act as if your QB situation is solved, it isn't till he actually starts playing like a first round pick. So what exactly do you see in the Bills that makes them better then everyone but the Pats??

Best defense in the AFCE? Only when they play teams outside of the division. Fins are 1-5 in the division. Haha! The stupidity just keeps on going and going and going. ...

SWEEP!!!!

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 05:56 PM
That's only your opinion.

To change the subject, how can you have confidence in the Dolphins this year?

The Bills finished one game better then the Fins and we had a banged up Oline and had a backup QB. The Bills only beat one playoff team last year and lost three starters so far, Spikes could make 4. What makes you think the Bills can win?? You don't have a top 15 defense you don't have a top 25 offense. But your team is better then the Jets and Fins??? You have nothing to say that gives you an advantage over any other team in the division.

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Best defense in the AFCE? Only when they play teams outside of the division. Fins are 1-5 in the division. Haha! The stupidity just keeps on going and going and going. ...

SWEEP!!!!
Look you person with a non-Redskin fan family. Bow down to FTP and his football knowledge. It was he who said that Bennie Anderson was the best OG in the AFCE, it was he who said Culpepper made the Phins a contender, then when Culpepper went down Harrington became the protector of the franchise. It was he who said Ronnie Brown is one of the best RB's in the NFL even though he has yet to do anything worth mentioning. It is he who said that Whitner was a bad draft pick and that Dockery wasn't worth half of what he got.

He is a football god, Mayock and Kiper call him before the draft to get his opinion on players.

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 05:58 PM
The Bills finished one game better then the Fins and we had a banged up Oline and had a backup QB. The Bills only beat one playoff team last year and lost three starters so far, Spikes could make 4. What makes you think the Bills can win?? You don't have a top 15 defense you don't have a top 25 offense. But your team is better then the Jets and Fins??? You have nothing to say that gives you an advantage over any other team in the division.
Correction, you had three backup QB's on your team. Culpepper, Lemon, and Harrington.

BTW we may have only finished one game better but we kicked your ass twice.

feldspar
03-18-2007, 05:58 PM

The Dolphins suck serious moose twit.

feelthepain
03-18-2007, 06:11 PM
The Dolphins suck serious moose twit.

Ah yes, typicall Bill fan dialog.

feldspar
03-18-2007, 06:13 PM

Bills fans are smart.

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 06:56 AM
So far so good at the half way point. :bf1:

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Miami's D- Top 5 as is,Needs: slight upgrade at S!!
Buffalo's D- Not even close! Needs: ILB. OLB, DT, CB

Miami's ST- very good
Buffalo's ST- slightly better:snicker:

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 07:06 AM
The Bills finished one game better then the Fins and we had a banged up Oline and had a backup QB. The Bills only beat one playoff team last year and lost three starters so far, Spikes could make 4. What makes you think the Bills can win?? You don't have a top 15 defense you don't have a top 25 offense. But your team is better then the Jets and Fins??? You have nothing to say that gives you an advantage over any other team in the division.:snicker:

mybills
11-09-2007, 07:20 AM
What a find! :rofl:

HHURRICANE
11-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks for pulling this up!!!!!! I look like a genius, and this was before the draft!!:bf1:

Talk about pulling a rabbit out of my butt.

HHURRICANE
11-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Holy crap I was on this day. I just re-read all my posts. It must have been a good starbucks day.

I guess I was right about Leon Hall being a wasted draft pick.

Bufftp
11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
Has anyone seen FTP around these parts latley?
well?

anyone?

SquishDaFish
11-09-2007, 09:30 AM
:roflmao: HH do you have the winning Massachusetts lottery #s for tonight?? :lol:

mybills
11-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks for pulling this up!!!!!! I look like a genius, and this was before the draft!!:bf1:

Talk about pulling a rabbit out of my butt.

Everything but Youboty was right anyway.