PDA

View Full Version : Not a big Fan of CB in the first round

THATHURMANATOR
03-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I would much rather go LB, DT, DE, or RB. CBs take forever to develop. I know going in with Youboty or Kiwi starting could be a problem but while Youboty didn't see the field much last year at least he did play a little and he has a year in the system under his belt while Leon Hall would be green. I think Willis/Okoye/Lynch could make a major impact right away!

TacklingDummy
03-17-2007, 10:45 AM
I'd be surprised if the Bills went DT or CB in round 1. There's 5 or 6 DTs on the roster as we speak and McCargo was drafted in the 1st round last year. At CB the Bills drafted Youboty last year to replace Clements.

Im guessing the 1st pick will be either RB or LB. My sleeper pick is WR.

Don't Panic
03-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I will bet 1000 ZBs to anyone who thinks we are taking a CB in the 1st round.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Considering we do not have a legit replacement for Fletcher or McGahee taking another CB in the first would be borderline moronic. Yobouty has a first round grade so why would you draft another guy in his place.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I will bet 1000 ZBs to anyone who thinks we are taking a CB in the 1st round.

I hope you are right!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 10:50 AM
I'd be surprised if the Bills went DT or CB in round 1. There's 5 or 6 DTs on the roster as we speak and McCargo was drafted in the 1st round last year. At CB the Bills drafted Youboty last year to replace Clements.

Totally agree here.

Jersey1031
03-17-2007, 10:51 AM

I agree.

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 11:18 AM

i agree.. completely.

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 11:18 AM
hey thurm.. just to play devils advocate..

how long did it take clements and winifield to develope?

they both started from day one correct? and played well.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 11:43 AM
I refuse to believe this organization is stupid enough to draft Leon Hall with the 12th pick.

Drafting any CB period is senseless; and drafting Leon Hall, who has enormous bust potential based on how I seen him get pissed on by OSU and USC; is beyond my comprehension

THATHURMANATOR
03-17-2007, 12:06 PM

Way to ruin my whole argument... :(

YardRat
03-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm hoping we don't do corner, and I agree with those who think RB, LB, or WR would be the way to go, but I still wouldn't be surprised if Revis was the call when we pick.

OpIv37
03-17-2007, 01:01 PM

McGee was awful at CB his first season.

But still, I agree that drafting a CB makes no sense. We have Youboty and any CB we draft in the first round is going to have to take their lumps as well. We're better off taking our chances on Youboty and using the first round pick to address another need- my preference being LB.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-18-2007, 07:13 AM
I think I have made my feelings be known regarding a cornerback or the cornerback position in general. If I didn't know any better I would have to say that this has been said by a few people before and the thoughts are just recycled.