PDA

View Full Version : Peters vs. Roy from last night, as requested.

BlackMetalNinja
03-17-2007, 11:37 AM
I think it was Op that has asked to see last night's brief fight, so here it is...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q51SOt-JKwc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q51SOt-JKwc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Terrible commentators. I've heard more excitement from commentators at curling matches.

BlackMetalNinja
03-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Terrible commentators. I've heard more excitement from commentators at curling matches.

I had to put up with the entire game :ill:

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I had to put up with the entire game :ill:

I bought the "Top Shelf" DVD at the Sabres store and in it RJ said that the NHL had told him to stop making the fighting sound so exciting. He told them something to the effect of "If you want to stop me from making it sound exciting, take it out of the game. It's not MY fault that you have left it a part of the game."

BlackMetalNinja
03-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I bought the "Top Shelf" DVD at the Sabres store and in it RJ said that the NHL had told him to stop making the fighting sound so exciting. He told them something to the effect of "If you want to stop me from making it sound exciting, take it out of the game. It's not MY fault that you have left it a part of the game."

Yup, I have the DVD as well... RJ could make anything sound exciting though.

OpIv37
03-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks.

RJ has a way of making it seem much more interesting- I thought Peters really pounded him, but it didn't take much of a punch to drop Roy.

OpIv37
03-17-2007, 12:29 PM
btw the worst commentators that I've heard were the ones who did the game against NJ last Saturday on HDNet. They wouldn't stop talking about how great NJ was, even though they never led by more than one goal and the Sabres have a better record.

BlackMetalNinja
03-17-2007, 01:05 PM
btw the worst commentators that I've heard were the ones who did the game against NJ last Saturday on HDNet. They wouldn't stop talking about how great NJ was, even though they never led by more than one goal and the Sabres have a better record.

As far as non-team specific announcers, I'd probably agree, they were bad. But since I get stuck listening to the opposing team for the away games, I can safely say there are far worse commentators around the league, both in terms of quality and homerness.

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2007, 01:08 PM
RJ is great, but he is a huge homer himself.

BlackMetalNinja
03-17-2007, 01:23 PM
RJ is great, but he is a huge homer himself.

Yes, he definitely is... but as long as it's my team, I can deal with that!

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Yes, he definitely is... but as long as it's my team, I can deal with that!

Me too! :up:

JD
03-17-2007, 03:22 PM
omg peters murdered him lmao