PDA

View Full Version : Let the histeria on this board begin...

Italian Stallion
03-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Buccaneers | C. June signs
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:06:51 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed free-agent LB Cato June (Colts). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

HHURRICANE
03-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Buccaneers | C. June signs
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 10:06:51 -0700

Buccaneers.com reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed free-agent LB Cato June (Colts). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

I'm glad we didn't sign him.

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 12:16 PM
we already got cato in last years draft.

Italian Stallion
03-17-2007, 12:17 PM
we already got cato in last years draft.

Well said. He wears #56 in case anyone is confused by Tatonka's claim

BILLSROCK1212
03-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Well said. He wears #56 in case anyone is confused by Tatonka's claimhmmmm........i dont think his name is Cato....i think it is Keith Ellison

OpIv37
03-17-2007, 12:21 PM
you know, 3 weeks ago I probably would have gotten pissed about this, but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that for some unknown, ridiculous reason, the Bills have decided to do NOTHING about their defense, save for the draft. And drafting defenders didn't help last year....

I really have to question the logic of depending on the draft and player improvement to compensate both for all of last years holes and the loss of two starters.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Nah..

I dont expect Buffalo to spend any real kind of money on a defense.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 12:27 PM
BTW.
great signing for TB and their Cover two

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 12:27 PM
they have done something about the defense.. it is called believing in the first 6 draft picks we made last year..

amazingly enough, i guess the coaching staff that picked these guys last year, actually doesnt think they all suck and thinks that they have a future in the nfl..

:rofl:

did you think marv was full of **** when he said "championship teams are built through the draft"?

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 12:28 PM
. And drafting defenders didn't help last year....

I could be wrong here but maybe the goal of drafting is not to help immediately but build for the future. I mean, most rebuilding teams usually take time especially when they build via the draft.

Not every team likes to build their team like the redskins.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2007, 12:31 PM
you know, 3 weeks ago I probably would have gotten pissed about this, but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that for some unknown, ridiculous reason, the Bills have decided to do NOTHING about their defense, save for the draft. And drafting defenders didn't help last year....

I really have to question the logic of depending on the draft and player improvement to compensate both for all of last years holes and the loss of two starters.

That is because they spent money on fixing the O-line.

I am willing to bet the Bills are in the top 5 or top 10 in money spent in FA.
They can only sign so many players. Other teams sign FA's too.

If they spent money on defense and not the O-line, you and Pat would be *****ing about them ignoring the O-line.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 12:32 PM
If they spent money on defense and not the O-line, you and Pat would be *****ing about them ignoring the O-line.

:bf1:

Someone was actually B1tching a few hours after FA'cy only to find out we did spend for the OL a few hours later.

Can't blame OP really. He's so close to the redskins nation he's used to seeing them plug holes with expensive FA. If he was closer to the Pats and Colts , maybe he'll realize that building via the draft is the way to go.

OpIv37
03-17-2007, 12:33 PM
I could be wrong here but maybe the goal of drafting is not to help immediately but build for the future. I mean, most rebuilding teams usually take time especially when they build via the draft.

Not every team likes to build their team like the redskins.

maybe, but the fact remains that we were 27th in run D last year and we lost two starters. It seems unreasonable to expect 6 guys to improve that much over the course of one off-season to make the D that much better. If we're lucky, we'll go from 27th to 22nd.

And maybe Cato June wasn't the answer, but what about bringing in someone like Harper, Hood, or Ian Scott to at least give us some depth and experience?

Like I said before, this reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Ned Flanders' beatnik parents said something like "You've gotta help us doc! we've tried nothing and it hasn't worked!"

YardRat
03-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I guarantee the run defense will be better than last year.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 12:45 PM

yes they have spent money on the OL, and its come at the expense of not improving one single other aspect of the football team.

As of now, they are considerably worse at RB, LB and CB...

and they still have the same wack ass WR corps surrounding Evans, and Royal is a scrub at TE- and there isnt even a FB on the roster.

SO to say this football is better than last year is crazy...
Granted we do have the draft, but you think a draft is going to come close to fixing all these problems?

While the Bills could've done worse in FA; Im still surprised Marv signed Dockery, I am far from excited about this team trying to overtake NE or even NY right now.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
maybe, but the fact remains that we were 27th in run D last year and we lost two starters. It seems unreasonable to expect 6 guys to improve that much over the course of one off-season to make the D that much better. If we're lucky, we'll go from 27th to 22nd.

And maybe Cato June wasn't the answer, but what about bringing in someone like Harper, Hood, or Ian Scott to at least give us some depth and experience?

Like I said before, this reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons where Ned Flanders' beatnik parents said something like "You've gotta help us doc! we've tried nothing and it hasn't worked!"

Do you actually think that Marv and co. don't know that? Do you think they are just going to sit on their butt and leave the run D like the way it was last year?

Like I said, you guys are too impatient. You want an immediate fix to everything. The redskins way does not work.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
8 years is long enough

DraftBoy
03-17-2007, 12:47 PM

I disagree, until we can contain a run game and keep it from going outside, bc we dont have the DE's to contain and we dont have a CB who is a good run stuffer, we will continue to bleed from the outside. I think up the middle we are stronger and I think Crowell is an improvement, but we need TKO back to 100% to not regress on our outside run defense.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 12:47 PM

same here. I'm even willing to make that same bet I made with Op with reagrds to the total no. of yards inspite of all the subtractions we made without even seeing the additions yet.

DraftBoy
03-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Do you actually think that Marv and co. don't know that? Do you think they are just going to sit on their butt and leave the run D like the way it was last year?

Like I said, you guys are too impatient. You want an immediate fix to everything. The redskins way does not work.

I think they need to better address the issue, I think moving Crowell inside will help improve the middle run D, and I think McCargo will improve and become a solid DT. I think to outside we are still vulnerable with the same personell, minus Clements who was actually a solid run D CB, and now we have nobody who can consistently do that. We need TKO back 100% bc that will help and maybe Youboty will stick his nose in there more than he did at OSU, but I think we took a step back on the outside so far, but I do have faith that Marv will address this through the Draft.

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 12:49 PM

did the two guys we lost really HELP stop the run? or were they part of the problem? and what the **** is rod hood, harper, or scott going to do to stop the run? scott, even though the bears are losing boone and tank, has received NO interest from the bears for a reason. the guy is no better than anyone we currently have.. and probably wants the same money tripplett got.

DraftBoy
03-17-2007, 12:50 PM
same here. I'm even willing to make that same bet I made with Op with reagrds to the total no. of yards inspite of all the subtractions we made without even seeing the additions yet.

How about comparing the outside yards to the inside yards?

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 12:51 PM
How about comparing the outside yards to the inside yards?

nope straight up total yards and runD ranking.

DraftBoy
03-17-2007, 12:52 PM
nope straight up total yards and runD ranking.

Figured

patmoran2006
Well.. lets be honest, it would be hard to NOT improve on our run defense of last year.

SEriously, how much worse could it possibly be?

Listen, dont know June's contract, and maybe its outrageous and in that case Im glad we didnt sign him.. I understand money is a factor.

That is a good arguement to use against the signing. Saying that we already have our Cato June in Ellison is mind-blowing.. Unless I was hammered (well I was) when I watched most the games last year, I HARDLY saw an impact.. **** the tackles recorded;; How many PLAYS did he make?

OpIv37

That may very well be true. But please explain to me how it results in our D getting better and 07 being any better than 06. Answer: it doesn't.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 12:53 PM
did the two guys we lost really HELP stop the run? or were they part of the problem? and what the **** is rod hood, harper, or scott going to do to stop the run? scott, even though the bears are losing boone and tank, has received NO interest from the bears for a reason. the guy is no better than anyone we currently have.. and probably wants the same money tripplett got.
Actually, I think you will indeed see a big difference at CB.. Clements was much much better in run support than YOuboty or Thomas will be.

OpIv37

he is absolutely better than Tim Anderson.

DraftBoy
Well.. lets be honest, it would be hard to NOT improve on our run defense of last year.

SEriously, how much worse could it possibly be?

Listen, dont know June's contract, and maybe its outrageous and in that case Im glad we didnt sign him.. I understand money is a factor.

That is a good arguement to use against the signing. Saying that we already have our Cato June in Ellison is mind-blowing.. Unless I was hammered (well I was) when I watched most the games last year, I HARDLY saw an impact.. **** the tackles recorded;; How many PLAYS did he make?

He made a good bit for a 6th round pick, and he also disrupted alot of plays, your not giving him the credit he deserves, I agree with T in that Ellison is extremely similar to June, not quite at his skill level but on his way there.

justasportsfan
8 years is long enough eight years of ignoring the OL as well. it all can't be fixed at once.

DraftBoy
03-17-2007, 12:54 PM
eight years of ignoring the OL as well. it all can't be fixed at once.

Thats a good point, Im happy with our offseason so far

OpIv37
03-17-2007, 12:56 PM

your problem is that you're viewing this as black and white, as though the only options are to spend years building through the draft or go nuts in FA like the Redskins do. There is a middle ground between bringing in every FA out there and doing nothing.

What's wrong with bringing in 1-2 FA's to fill immediate holes and building the rest of the D through the draft?

We didn't do that- we did nothing.

And one thing you're forgetting- building through the draft takes TIME and TIME means another losing season. I'm ****ing sick of losing seasons.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 12:59 PM
That may very well be true. But please explain to me how it results in our D getting better and 07 being any better than 06. Answer: it doesn't.

Dude as of right now, it doesnt even really make our offense much better either.

We have NO backfield and the same set of bunk complimenatary WR's for Evans, not to mention royal.

Yes.. the draft can help.. but jesus, how much can one draft help.

We signed one sure improvement on our OL and one huge risk, at the expense of EVERYTHING else to this point..

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 01:01 PM
he is absolutely better than Tim Anderson.

tim anderson will not be on th efinal roster.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 01:02 PM
your problem is that you're viewing this as black and white, as though the only options are to spend years building through the draft or go nuts in FA like the Redskins do. There is a middle ground between bringing in every FA out there and doing nothing.

What's wrong with bringing in 1-2 FA's to fill immediate holes and building the rest of the D through the draft?

We didn't do that- we did nothing.

And one thing you're forgetting- building through the draft takes TIME and TIME means another losing season. I'm ****ing sick of losing seasons.

Uh OP , just in case you missed it, we just brought in a few players in the OL. Just because it hasn't been done with the Dl yet doesn't mean we're done fixing it.

You're over reating again too soon . If Marv ends up bringing in more players tomorrow draft and June 1, willl you apologize then?

OpIv37
03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
tim anderson will not be on th efinal roster.

I sure as hell hope you're right, but as of right now, we tendered him and we haven't brought in anyone to compete for the position.

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 01:06 PM
and pat.. again you display your ignorance by compairing ellison as a rookie to june as a 4th year player..

compair ellison the rookie to june the rookie.. if you do.. did you see a ton of play making ability in junes 8 tackles and no other stats?

ellison had a sack, a fumble recover, an interception and some passes defense, on top of his 65 tackles .. and he only started 5 games.

you are so ****ing impatient.. you would have cut about 90% of the nfl because they were the ****ing **** right out of the gate as arookie..

"it is better to keep you mouth ****ing shut and let people think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and removal all ****ing doubt". - lincoln in reference to pat.

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 01:11 PM
and pat.. again you display your ignorance by compairing ellison as a rookie to june as a 4th year player..

compair ellison the rookie to june the rookie.. if you do.. did you see a ton of play making ability in junes 8 tackles and no other stats?

ellison had a sack, a fumble recover, an interception and some passes defense, on top of his 65 tackles .. and he only started 5 games.

you are so ****ing impatient.. you would have cut about 90% of the nfl because they were the ****ing **** right out of the gate as arookie..

"it is better to keep you mouth ****ing shut and let people think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and removal all ****ing doubt". - lincoln in reference to pat.

:10:

Philagape
03-17-2007, 01:21 PM

I think Lincoln added "*****" at the end, but I could be wrong.

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I think Lincoln added "*****" at the end, but I could be wrong.

it is either *****, or mother ****er, but i couldnt remember, so i left it out.:oops:

Bert102176
03-17-2007, 01:29 PM

Well it can't get much worse

ShadowHawk7
03-17-2007, 02:15 PM
That's not saying much at all, but I guess I agree.

Ingtar33
03-17-2007, 11:52 PM
june was london fletcher part 2.

only... he wasn't as durable
and he's not as fast
and he doesn't make as many tackles
and he doesn't play the pass very well.
and he's worse then london vs the run

hrm... come to think about it, he's a poor man's london fletcher.

No thanks.

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 08:44 PM
june was london fletcher part 2.

only... he wasn't as durable
and he's not as fast
and he doesn't make as many tackles
and he doesn't play the pass very well.
and he's worse then london vs the run

hrm... come to think about it, he's a poor man's london fletcher.

No thanks.
ONly.. He was a Pro Bowler in 2005.
He led the Colts and pretty much everyone in the league with 162 tackles last season.
HE's the perfect fit on a cover two defense.
He's a starter from a Super Bowl Champion.

Listen, if we didnt sign him we didnt sign him.. But don't talk down on the guy, especially being that blatantly incorrect. He had a 162 F'n tackles, he doesnt make tackles? And he's regarded as one of if not the best pass covering LB in the entire NFL.

jamze132
03-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Oh man,, look out for all the hsyteria! It's crazy around here. DUCK!