PDA

View Full Version : Consider this Buffalo draft move

jpdex12
03-17-2007, 12:41 PM
What if Buffalo took Willis at #12 and then traded their second rounder and #94th pick this year along with their second rounder next year to get back into the #13-15 spot and took Lynch? The points match up doing this and we could get him before GB did at #16.

That would be like getting Willis in the 1st Lynch in the 2nd and then still having our #74th pick in the 3rd for a DT and a CB in the 4th.

Would you go for this? I would!

DraftBoy
03-17-2007, 12:43 PM
What if Buffalo took Willis at #12 and then traded their second rounder and #94th pick this year along with their second rounder next year to get back into the #13-15 spot and took Lynch? The points match up doing this and we could get him before GB did at #16.

That would be like getting Willis in the 1st Lynch in the 2nd and then still having our #74th pick in the 3rd for a DT and a CB in the 4th.

Would you go for this? I would!

I dont like it. This draft is so deep in RB, and WR I see no need to move back up to get a back. Either take Peterson if he falls to us, or wait till late Day 1, maybe Day 2. 2008 has the potential to be the most amazing RB class we may have seen, and if so we dont want to miss out on that, bc our eggs are in the Lynch basket, because there will likely be 2-3 backs better than Lynch next year. I dont see him as a realistic option for this team.

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 12:48 PM
If we got Lynch and Willis I could give a **** less who we took with the rest of our picks, if we even had any

YardRat
03-17-2007, 12:50 PM
I think you're way off on calculating that the points 'match up', if you're using any draft value chart. Point-wise, i believe conventional wisdom is that a second-round pick next year is only worth a third this year.

I don't think St Louis, Carolina, or Pittsburgh would go for it.

I wouldn't mind having Lynch and Willis both in the fold, though, if somebody did want to make that deal.

DraftBoy
03-17-2007, 12:51 PM
If we got Lynch and Willis I could give a **** less who we took with the rest of our picks, if we even had any

Yes bc we only have two holes to fill, if we did this by week 6 you and I would ***** that it was ******ed to leave so many holes open by trading away picks.

jpdex12
03-17-2007, 01:35 PM
I think you're way off on calculating that the points 'match up', if you're using any draft value chart. Point-wise, i believe conventional wisdom is that a second-round pick next year is only worth a third this year.

I don't think St Louis, Carolina, or Pittsburgh would go for it.

I wouldn't mind having Lynch and Willis both in the fold, though, if somebody did want to make that deal.

Why would a second next year equate to a third this year? What if it was the first pick in the second round that we had?