PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that like Branch

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 12:42 PM
POSTED 12:14 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 12:26 p.m. EDT, March 17, 2007

KRUMRIE BEATS UP BRANCH

Word trickling out of the Michigan Pro Day is that Chiefs defensive line coach Tim Krumrie roughed up defensive tackle Alan Branch in one of Krumrie's one-on-one slap fights.

Per a league source, Branch looked winded before he even got to the patented Krumrie spanking machine. At one point during his session with Krumrie, Branch appeared to be ready to quit.

Gil Brandt of NFL.com corroborates this in his Pro Day updates: "Tim Krumrie worked Branch hard during the position drills, and the scouts there said Branch did not look like he was in very good shape."

Krumrie, better known to most fans as the guy who got Theismanned during Super Bowl XXIII, is a legend in league circles for the no-pads hand-fighting test, to which he subjects many of the linemen he is scouting.

"It's Gladiator stuff," said one league source.

For Branch, who is projected by many as a top-ten pick, the end result apparently was thumbs down.

the guy has been an underperforming piece of crap most of his college career.. those endorsing we take him now, apparently are good with that type of player. i see this guy as one of the biggest risks of the draft. if he cant live up to his potential in the college ranks.. how the **** is he going to do it in the nfl where the guys he will be facing are all pretty much better than him.

DraftBoy
03-17-2007, 12:45 PM
the guy has been an underperforming piece of crap most of his college career.. those endorsing we take him now, apparently are good with that type of player. i see this guy as one of the biggest risks of the draft. if he cant live up to his potential in the college ranks.. how the **** is he going to do it in the nfl where the guys he will be facing are all pretty much better than him.

Sounds exactly like last year's Gabe Watson also from Michigan, coincidence?

patmoran2006
03-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Gabe Watson/Ryan Simms.

no thanks

Id rather have McCargo starting

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 12:50 PM

we should trade Tim Anderson to the chiefs then for that pick they would've used for a DT.

Lexwhat
03-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Wasn't Krumrie the same guy who recommended that we take Tim Anderson?

justasportsfan
03-17-2007, 01:26 PM
yup. which s why Isay trade Anderson to the chiefs.

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 01:28 PM

yeah, sure was.. which goes to show that you dont draft a guy based on a wrestling match and a slapping game alone.. but i also wouldnt want someone so soft that he wants to quit when he gets hit.

Lexwhat
03-17-2007, 01:29 PM
yup. which s why Isay trade Anderson to the chiefs.

Ahhh i see ... :up:

ShadowHawk7
03-17-2007, 02:13 PM
Did Tommy Harris have similiar concerns prior to being drafted by the Bears? That he occasionally gave up on plays etc?
What I wouldn't give to have Tommy Harris on my team right now.
I would take Branch over Okoye, but I would still much rather have either Peterson/Lynch or Willis than Branch. :respect:

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-18-2007, 07:05 AM
As a fan of the Wolverines from Michigan football team, I would pass on him. The worst thing that kid did was leave school early. He is a product of a good defensive line. Terrance Taylor was a great partner and when Branch came off the field, the backup did about the same job. He also was exposed when he played the Buckeyes and the Trojans last year. He should have stayed in school for another year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Did Tommy Harris have similiar concerns prior to being drafted by the Bears? That he occasionally gave up on plays etc?
What I wouldn't give to have Tommy Harris on my team right now.
I would take Branch over Okoye, but I would still much rather have either Peterson/Lynch or Willis than Branch. :respect:

I'm not say you are wrong, but I don't remember that being a knock on Harris. I can remember him being touted as a little smallish, but explosive. I don't remember anything about him taking plays off.

Jan Reimers
03-18-2007, 07:10 AM
As a fan of the Wolverines from Michigan football team, I would pass on him. The worst thing that kid did was leave school early. He is a product of a good defensive line. Terrance Taylor was a great partner and when Branch came off the field, the backup did about the same job. He also was exposed when he played the Buckeyes and the Trojans last year. He should have stayed in school for another year.
I've read that he wasn't real productive and is somewhat of a project. I think any defensive player we draft on day one has to be ready to contribute immediately.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-18-2007, 07:15 AM
I've read that he wasn't real productive and is somewhat of a project. I think any defensive player we draft on day one has to be ready to contribute immediately.

I agree.

YardRat
03-18-2007, 07:42 AM
If the pick isn't Okoye, I hope it isn't d-line at all. We'd be better off going LB, RB, WR or even CB.

The Spaz
03-18-2007, 08:49 AM
If a 40-50 year old guy can kick a person in his 20's ass even though he probably out weighs him buy 100 lbs. the guy is a pussy and I don't want him on my team.

Tatonka
03-18-2007, 11:40 AM
there are some mocks out there that have carriker falling to the 2nd.. i would love to see him be our new DT.

justasportsfan
03-18-2007, 11:41 AM
the fins might want him. They brought back that guy that cried when Saban yelled at him.

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
****ttttttttttttttttttt..
carriker might not get past Atlanta at 10 or SF at 11.

camelcowboy
03-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Is it possible that Branch, who has been branded with character issues, was told by his agent not to kill a 40 something old man in a wrestling match? Tim Anderson tickled krumries taint in their wrestling match a few years ago, and the guy is the biggest sissy i have ever seen on the football field. Im not a branch fan, but im not going to throw him under the bus. Now from anyone that has watched him play, which i haven't. How does he look on the football field?

The Spaz
03-18-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't Tim Anderson is a sissy at all I just don't think is athleticaly gifted, especially to play in this defense. I woudl to see you call Tim Anderson a sissy...lol.

Tatonka
03-18-2007, 02:26 PM
****ttttttttttttttttttt..
carriker might not get past Atlanta at 10 or SF at 11.

i am just telling you what i have seen.. kelsay was supposed to be a 1st rounder too.

camelcowboy
03-18-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't Tim Anderson is a sissy at all I just don't think is athleticaly gifted, especially to play in this defense. I woudl to see you call Tim Anderson a sissy...lol.

Im struggling to think of any defensive scheme where Anderson isn't a waste of space