View Full Version : March 17th updated Mock Draft NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN.com

BILLSROCK1212
03-17-2007, 05:46 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

1. Marshawn Lynch RB California
2. David Harris ILB Michigan
3a. David Irons CB Auburn
3b. Steve Smith WR USC

Overall this Bills mock draft is soooo much better than Scott Wright's last.
Interesting thing is that he has Michael Bush going a pick after us in the 2nd round to Atlanta. I would like to take him in the second round and Patrick Willis in the 1st more than Marshawn Lynch in the first and David Harris in the 2nd.

The only thing that I didn't like that caught my eye was Adrian Peterson going to the Texans.

Thoughts?

gr8slayer
03-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I'd take it.

Ebenezer
03-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I'd take it.
so would I...but I don't see any of those three being picked by the Bills. let's say the first 11 fall the way they predicted then I would think the Bills would take Okoye, Beason, Moss or Posluszny.

BILLSROCK1212
03-17-2007, 05:54 PM
so would I...but I don't see any of those three being picked by the Bills.you better learn to count Ebenzer

gr8slayer
03-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't know enough about Harris to have an opinion but I've done my research on Lynch, he's a steal at twelve.

Ebenezer
03-17-2007, 05:55 PM
you better learn to count Ebenzer
I didn't see the 3b :rolleyes:

BILLSROCK1212
03-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I didn't see the 3b :rolleyes:of course you didnt......jk

X-Era
03-17-2007, 06:04 PM

3b. Steve Smith WR USC

Interesting thing is that he has Michael Bush going a pick after us in the 2nd round to Atlanta. I would like to take him in the second round and Patrick Willis in the 1st more than Marshawn Lynch in the first and David Harris in the 2nd.

The only thing that I didn't like that caught my eye was Adrian Peterson going to the Texans.

Thoughts?

Now were talking. Thats a very good first day right there. Im not a huge Harris fan, Id rather have Siler, but he can play.

BILLSROCK1212
03-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Now were talking. Thats a very good first day right there. Im not a huge Harris fan, Id rather have Siler, but he can play.jp.....i saw a similar post on his website today was that you?....anyway Siler falls to the 2nd pick in the third round which belongs to the Lions and its a bit surprising that he falls that far

X-Era
03-17-2007, 06:09 PM

3b. Steve Smith WR USC

Thoughts?
as
These guys are still delusional too. Leonhard, Beason in the 1st round? These guys are pretty crazy.

BILLSROCK1212
03-17-2007, 06:20 PM
as
These guys are still delusional too. Leonhard, Beason in the 1st round? These guys are pretty crazy.no i disagree beason is a late first rounder and leonard could go in the first round too if a team needed him

X-Era
03-17-2007, 06:25 PM
no i disagree beason is a late first rounder and leonard could go in the first round too if a team needed him

Could be, weve seen reaches before. Calvin Pace, Trung Candidate.

Leonhard could be great, but I just dont see the 1st round.

BILLSROCK1212
03-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Could be, weve seen reaches before. Calvin Pace, Trung Candidate.

Leonhard could be great, but I just dont see the 1st round.well the Pats don't have many big needs other than maybe CB to have someone line up and possibly replace Asante Samuels and Safety to replace Rodney Harrison when he gets injured and then when he retires....getting Leonard would make that a scarey backfield for a long time....

Tatonka
03-17-2007, 07:25 PM
maybe we should take both irons... and maybe they will end up like tiki and rhonde at rb and cb?

:snicker:

TacklingDummy
03-17-2007, 07:35 PM
OMG, Lynch needs a haircut.

X-Era
03-17-2007, 07:43 PM
OMG, Lynch needs a haircut.

I actually agree with you, I hate the "Predator" look that many like Edge are sporting.

ShadowHawk7
03-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Something I have noticed is that if Cleveland doesn't take Peterson, but someone else does before we do, then we draft Willis, Cleveland will likely steal a prospect round 2 or 3 from us at RB, such as drafting Irons in the 3rd 9 picks before us. I'm not a Bush fan and would much rather see Irons, Jackson, or Pittmann instead.

Not a Harris fan either but we may have no choice if we go RB round 1 and Pos, Willis, Beason, and Timmons are gone. I'm really pulling for Beason.

I'd much rather have Audrae Allison than Steve Smith. He has got that size we really need, plus 4.39 speed to boot.

I'd also like a DT instead where we picked the CB. I believe DT is still a bigger need.

acehole
03-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Steve smith will not last that long

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Steve smith will not last that longwhy? because he played for USC?

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 11:22 AM
as
These guys are still delusional too. Leonhard, Beason in the 1st round? These guys are pretty crazy.

Actually, they're not crazy at all.

NE is interested in both of them.. I wouldnt be shocked if those were the first two picks for them.

Other teams are interested in Beason in the late first as well, including Miami and Chicago.

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 11:23 AM
maybe we should take both irons... and maybe they will end up like tiki and rhonde at rb and cb?

:snicker:
That's actually not a terribe idea at all.

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2007, 11:24 AM

NE is interested in both of them.. I wouldnt be shocked if those were the first two picks for them.

Other teams are interested in Beason in the late first as well, including Miami and Chicago.Indy too...by the way Miami isnt in the late first and wont evever be again

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2007, 11:30 AM

Other teams are interested in Beason in the late first as well, including Miami and Chicago.Indy too...by the way Miami isnt in the late first and wont evever be again

Don't Panic
03-18-2007, 11:43 AM

Willis/Bush over Lynch/Harris.... definitely.

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Indy too...by the way Miami isnt in the late first and wont evever be again

lol.. oops.. I meant INdy at the end of the first round, not MIami.. I must be out my mind.. I thought Miami because that's the school beason is from.

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2007, 11:54 AM
lol.. oops.. I meant INdy at the end of the first round, not MIami.. I must be out my mind.. I thought Miami because that's the school beason is from.that's what i assumed

Michael82
03-18-2007, 12:26 PM
Wow! That draft would be VERY nice! :clap:

MarvLevy
03-18-2007, 01:08 PM
i like RB Irons better than Bush

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2007, 01:11 PM
i like RB Irons better than Bushwhy? cas i honestly hate Irons

TigerJ
03-18-2007, 05:52 PM
I know nothing about Harris personnally, but the one scouting report I heard says he can't cover in the passing game. Can anyone tell me differently? Also, I'd prefer a WR with more size than Steve Smith.

Don't Panic
03-18-2007, 06:51 PM
I know nothing about Harris personnally, but the one scouting report I heard says he can't cover in the passing game. Can anyone tell me differently? Also, I'd prefer a WR with more size than Steve Smith.

He can't... neither can Siler. These guys, from what I've read/heard/seen are not good fits for our D. That's why it drives me nuts to keep reading about them.

MarvLevy
03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
When the hell is the draft anyway!? lol

ShadowHawk7
03-18-2007, 08:57 PM
About Smith, my point exactly, which is why we should seriously pursue Meachem if he slips, Craig Davis, and then Allison, in that order. They each have that size/speed ratio we desperately need. If we don't get either, wait till day 2 IMO..

Timmons, Harris, and Siler have been noted to be stiff in coverage which is why I don't want them drafted to be at MLB Cover 2. Beason is arguably the best cover LB, Willis is solid, Pos is too but slightly slower, and so is that guy Pat Moran really likes. (I forget name.)

Willis, DT or WR in the 2nd, then Irons/Pittmann
OR
Peterson/Lynch, Beason, DT and WR in the 3rd
would be an absolute dream.
:drool:

GarnOFreak
03-18-2007, 08:59 PM
I actually agree with you, I hate the "Predator" look that many like Edge are sporting.

Just think if we did draft Lynch and he is paired up with Coy Wire in practice...Alien versus Predator!

YardRat
03-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Just in case nobody else noticed....

I'm pretty sure the reason he doesn't have us taking Willis in the first is because he already has him pegged for San Fran at #11.

Can't take a guy if he isn't there for the taking.

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Just in case nobody else noticed....

I'm pretty sure the reason he doesn't have us taking Willis in the first is because he already has him pegged for San Fran at #11.

Can't take a guy if he isn't there for the taking.
Think they'll draft LB again after drafting Lawson last year?

MarvLevy
03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
lets just take the 19yr old from lville at DE

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 09:36 PM
lets just take the 19yr old from lville at DE
DE?

X-Era
03-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Just think if we did draft Lynch and he is paired up with Coy Wire in practice...Alien versus Predator!

Nice, maybe the skull in my sig was actually Coy's grandpa or some other relative?

TacklingDummy
03-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Nice, maybe the skull in my sig was actually Coy's grandpa or some other relative?

I see the skull but what's the red x for? :x:

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Timmons, Harris, and Siler have been noted to be stiff in coverage which is why I don't want them drafted to be at MLB Cover 2. Beason is arguably the best cover LB, Willis is solid, Pos is too but slightly slower, and so is that guy Pat Moran really likes. (I forget name.)

Timmons would be OLB, which makes a little more sense. He has the skills to cover, he just hasn't learned how to properly do it yet. As a disclaimer, taking Timmons means a learning curve that you may not get with a guy like Willis. Not saying it means to pass on him, just worth pointing out.