PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Take These National Media Mock Drafts Seriously

Night Train
03-17-2007, 09:16 PM
I think several posters here have good ideas, since they follow/know the Bills.

Why anyone would give a 2nd glance to these clueless national media picks is beyond belief. They look at supposed needs and pick a player... A player who doesn't fit our scheme.

I laugh when some post " XXXXXX has us taking...".

They don't have a clue about our team and survive on 3rd hand info. Who cares what they say ?

BILLSROCK1212
03-17-2007, 09:41 PM
like cbs and espn but who else?

jpdex12
03-18-2007, 09:00 PM
like cbs and espn but who else?

Any network that has us drafting someone our fans don't like!

LifetimeBillsFan
03-20-2007, 04:44 AM
I think several posters here have good ideas, since they follow/know the Bills.

Why anyone would give a 2nd glance to these clueless national media picks is beyond belief. They look at supposed needs and pick a player... A player who doesn't fit our scheme.

I laugh when some post " XXXXXX has us taking...".

They don't have a clue about our team and survive on 3rd hand info. Who cares what they say ?

I have to agree.

A lot of the national media and other draft sites saw that the Bills were going to lose Nate Clements and went, "Oh, the Bills are going to lose Clements, they are going to need a CB" and immediately penciled in whoever they had rated as the top CB remaining on their board (Hall or Reevis(sp?), in most cases). No matter that the Bills drafted Youboty, who had been rated as a late 1st rounder, in the 3rd round last year. Then, the Bills traded McGahee and they went, "Oh, the Bills lost McGahee, they need to replace him" and automatically changed their pick for the Bills to Lynch as he was the top RB remaining on their boards. Again, not taking into account that the Bills might have other needs that they--and those who follow them closely--might see as being even bigger needs (like a DT or LB to shore up their run defense!).

I understand that the national media has to not only cover all 32 teams in the NFL, but other sports as well, so, even though they large staffs, I do not expect them to know all of the details of what's going on with every team--especially a team in a really small market, like the Bills. But, what bothers me is how so many fans--who follow the team closely and know a lot of the details from the information that they get on sites like this one, etc.--will believe that what someone in the national media says about the team is absolute gospel. They should know better. (How many times, when the Bills have made a move that was criticized in the national media, have fans posted immediately begun posting messages moaning and groaning about how the team messed up and is clueless, instead of taking some time to try to figure out why the team made that move in the first place based upon what they, themselves, know about the team before commenting on it?)

Personally, I read the national media and other sources for the information that I can get about what the management and players are saying (the quotes from interviews) and their assessments of players that I may not be familiar with--which I take with a grain of salt. As for their opinions about the team, I read them, but I don't give them any more weight than I give my own opinion because that's all that they are, opinions...and you know what they say about opinions....