PDA

View Full Version : Official "Don't take Leon Hall" thread!!

HHURRICANE
03-18-2007, 12:00 PM
If you want to kill ticket sales and the Bills fans aspirations of playoffs than draft Leon Hall. One of the things that improved our grade in last years draft was having Ko Simpson and Ashton Yobouty fall to us.

If you bring in Hall than the front office wasted a pick on Yobouty. The Bills need a young star on D. Willis is that player. You have to take him if he's there. If not than you have to take Lynch.

We need an impact player not another CB.

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2007, 12:02 PM
If you want to kill ticket sales and the Bills fans aspirations of playoffs than draft Leon Hall. One of the things that improved our grade in last years draft was having Ko Simpson and Ashton Yobouty fall to us.

If you bring in Hall than the front office wasted a pick on Yobouty. The Bills need a young star on D. Willis is that player. You have to take him if he's there. If not than you have to take Lynch.

We need an impact player not another CB.i didn't read yur post but i am 100% for the title of the thread

camelcowboy
03-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Just say no to hall :up:

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Sign me up

Scumbag College
03-18-2007, 12:30 PM
If the Bills don't go after any position on the Defensive Front 7, a franchise RB, or trade down and get a legit #2 WR I will be highly disappointed. If the Bills take Hall at #12 and Lynch, Willis, Okoye, etc. are still there, than welcome to a top 5 pick in 2008.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Leon Hall blows.

But I certainly do not want any defensive talent drafted in the first round not named Branch or Okoye.

We must go RB or WR first.

No exceptions.

camelcowboy
03-18-2007, 12:38 PM
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070109/070109_jarrett_hmed_4p.hmedium.jpg<--Example of Hall's solid covering ability.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2007, 12:43 PM
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070109/070109_jarrett_hmed_4p.hmedium.jpg<--Example of Hall's solid covering ability.

That's frickin awesome. How fast we forget about the beating he took in that game.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-18-2007, 12:45 PM
That's frickin awesome. How fast we forget about the beating he took in that game.
Do you think Dwayne Jarrett might be around in the 2nd round?

Imagine taking Marshawn Lynch with our first and Jarrett with our second.

It would solve two of our most pressing problems; running back and a power reciever.

Then we could focus the rest of our draft on defense.

And if Troy Smith is around by the 4th or 5th, 6th, we could nab him too.

Because I have no faith in JP. And if he blows this season. We can score by drafting QB early first round next year, sign a veteran QB and still have talent at QB with Troy Smith on the bench.

And again, we can focus heavily on defense after the first round.

Jersey1031
03-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Do you think Dwayne Jarrett might be around in the 2nd round?

Imagine taking Marshawn Lynch with our first and Jarrett with our second.
It would solve two of our most pressing problems; running back and a power reciever.
Then we could focus the rest of our draft on defense.
And if Troy Smith is around by the 4th or 5th, we could nab him too.

He won't last till the 2nd...

Don't Panic
03-18-2007, 12:47 PM
i didn't read yur post but i am 100% for the title of the thread

:goodpost: Classic!

Ultra Chimp 1
03-18-2007, 12:52 PM
He won't last till the 2nd...

I had a feeling he might. People are hating on him hard and branding him with a Mike Williams kind of work ethic and behaviour.

I think it's unjust. But It is happening.

Either way, his value is in a free for all and it's not because of ability but because of rumours.

He might be there.

camelcowboy
03-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Im trying find one of him being burnt by Ginn, but nothing but lengthy myspace videos in which he is torched many times.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Because I have no faith in JP. And if he blows this season. We can score by drafting QB early first round next year, sign a veteran QB and still have talent at QB with Troy Smith on the bench.

I am not the JP homer everyone thinks I am. However, last year JP showed that he can be coached and once they took the leash off he played very well even with a weak OL. If we had just added Dockery and let Preston and Pennington develop this year our OL would 50% better. With Whittle and Walker pushing the bench who knows? I'll bet any amount of money that JP is a top 5-10 QB this year and that's plenty good enough.

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2007, 12:57 PM
:goodpost: Classic!aren't all my posts :chuckle:

Saratoga Slim
03-18-2007, 01:15 PM
he may very well turn out be a great corner, and he's supposedly a great guy and a hard worker.

but I don't want him or any cornerback at #12. Not so much a knock against him as I just don't want to see us take a corner up top.

TacklingDummy
03-18-2007, 01:25 PM
:monkeyp: Leon Hall

:monkeyp: Lynch

:monkeyp: Okoye

Ultra Chimp 1
03-18-2007, 01:32 PM
:monkeyp: Leon Hall

:monkeyp: Lynch

:monkeyp: Okoye
Who do you want and why?

camelcowboy
03-18-2007, 03:47 PM
probally Brady Quinn if i know tackling Dummy

YardRat
03-18-2007, 03:53 PM
If the team wants to sell tickets, they'll draft Lynch.

Conventional wisdom would have them taking Willis or Okoye.

I still wouldn't be surprised if the pick is Revis.

If they do happen to take Hall, I'll support him until proven otherwise.

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 03:54 PM
+1

camelcowboy
03-18-2007, 03:54 PM
If the team wants to sell tickets, they'll draft Lynch.

Conventional wisdom would have them taking Willis or Okoye.

I still wouldn't be surprised if the pick is Revis.

Revis or any first round corner :puke:

Nighthawk
03-18-2007, 03:56 PM
I say NO to Hall & Carriker...

venis2k1
03-18-2007, 04:01 PM
THE correct draft order:

1st: Willis
2nd: Kenny Irons
3rd:Tony Hunt
3rd:Turk McBride DT Tennessee

any variation on this would be a complete catastrophy, the bills may never recover.

Nighthawk
03-18-2007, 04:06 PM
THE correct draft order:

1st: Willis
2nd: Kenny Irons
3rd:Tony Hunt
3rd:Turk McBride DT Tennessee

any variation on this would be a complete catastrophy, the bills may never recover.

I wouldn't mind the first 2 rounds. I like Irons and think he will be a good RB in the NFL.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't mind the first 2 rounds. I like Irons and think he will be a good RB in the NFL.

Any player with the last name of "Irons" we should take.

TacklingDummy
03-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Who do you want and why?

I don't know who is going to be available at #12.

Im hoping for a slightly shocking pick, WR

Why WR? Because the Bills need a legit #2 WR right now. And when Lee Evans bolts in a few years they will need a #1.

Bert102176
03-18-2007, 04:26 PM
I sure in hell don't want him here

Bert102176
03-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Irons for some reason reminds me of Frank Gore, I don't know why

kernowboy
03-18-2007, 04:37 PM
A better draft order would be

R1 Okoye DT (4 tackles rotating and kept fresh)
R2a Leonard RB (good enough to run, maybe to FB if we get a RB in 2008)
R2b Gonzalez WR (put the 3rd and 4th together for a legit No2)
R3 deOssie MLB (big coachable athletic Ivy leaguer)
R6 CJ Gaddis (a Burris type - a CB to develop)
R7a best OL left
R7b Herian TE (must be better than Everett)

venis2k1
03-18-2007, 04:43 PM
i just cant see spending our top pick on a player that will see that feild for maybe15-20 plays a game(as okoye or lynch would) when we have so many legit holes to fill. namely ILB.

kernowboy
03-18-2007, 04:48 PM
well if we are moving Crowell inside then Tim Shaw could be an interesting selection at end of Day1

Jan Reimers
03-18-2007, 06:48 PM
. . .or any other CB in the first or second round. And maybe not in the third round either, unless a gem falls to us.

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
If we end up with any of these guys at 12, in no particular order of preference, I will be either happy, or at least feel like we somewhat improved this team:
Adrain Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Amobi Okoye
Patrick Willis
LaRon Landry
Levi Brown (u gonna ***** about a potential pro bowl OL?)

If they draft anybody else, it's a total waste of a first rounder unless it comes on a trade down; which value wise I feel they are far best served to remain at 12.

PS- Im not counting guys who are locks to be Top 5-6 picks on my list.. WHo wouldnt want Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams suiting up for them?

ShadowHawk7
03-18-2007, 09:08 PM
If we end up with any of these guys at 12, in no particular order of preference, I will be either happy, or at least feel like we somewhat improved this team:
Adrain Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Amobi Okoye
Patrick Willis
LaRon Landry

If they draft anybody else, it's a total waste of a first rounder unless it comes on a trade down; which value wise I feel they are far best served to remain at 12.

PS- Im not counting guys who are locks to be Top 5-6 picks on my list.. WHo wouldnt want Calvin Johnson or Gaines Adams suiting up for them?
I think I'd move Willis ahead of Lynch and keep the rest. Irons and Pittmann will be there in the 2nd and maybe even 3rd and should be great comps to Atrain. Unfortunately, outside of Willis, Pos, and Beason, I see no solid, all-around LBs which is why we should take Willis and keep Crowell at his natural position.

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 09:10 PM
I think I'd move Willis ahead of Lynch and keep the rest. Irons and Pittmann will be there in the 2nd and maybe even 3rd and should be great comps to Atrain. Unfortunately, outside of Willis, Pos, and Beason, I see no solid, all-around LBs which is why we should take Willis and keep Crowell at his natural position.
I dont necessarily disagree. I said in no order of preference with that list.

Ron Burgundy
03-18-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't mind Leon Hall. I'd rather have him than Darrelle Revis. Chris Houston is a disaster waiting to happen, though, under no circumstances do I want that dude in Buffalo.

jamze132
03-19-2007, 03:30 AM
I'm on board with "Don't draft Hall". We don't need to draft another member of the secondary with the 1st round pick we have, thinking about doing that is pure stupidity.

Just because Clements is gone doesn't mean that there is a gaping hole their now, and if I remember correctly, there were quite a few holes on his side the last couple of years. All these members of the media who read team home pages on ESPN and maker their assumptions on who we should draft are ****ing stupid. Did they forget that we drafted 3 members of the secondary last year? Hmm, I wonder if Marv expected to lose Clements this year. Uh... I would have to say he did.

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Any player with the last name of "Irons" we should take.

Even if his first name was "Sally"?

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 05:37 AM
And when Lee Evans bolts in a few years they will need a #1.

So now we're planning for departures years down the road? Wow...

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 05:40 AM
Adrain Peterson
Marshawn Lynch
Amobi Okoye
Patrick Willis
LaRon Landry

Peterson, Okoye, Willis, trade down (or maybe not) for Timmons... even Levi Brown. None of these names would upset me.

BTW - Just say no to Pittman and Henry for RBs. I'd much rather go Leonard, Irons or Hunt.