PDA

View Full Version : NFL Schedule to be released April 5th!

Italian Stallion
03-18-2007, 01:24 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide

You need to change the date to the 5th of April..They have a TV special starting at 2pm.

Well this is something else to look forward to, although getting rid of "media darling" McGahee I doubt we get a night game at all, let alone at home.

Although I heard some rumblings from a friend of mine that the Bills/Ravens game would be a thursday night special on NFL Network.... dont quote me on it, and I'm not claiming it to be truth.....but i think that would be pretty sweet.

Ebenezer
03-18-2007, 01:38 PM
cool.

Crisis
03-18-2007, 01:41 PM
cool.

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Im thinking no prime time games.

1- Nobody besides Buffalo fans gives a **** about the bills.
2- Judging by last season's attendance plurge, not even that many Buffalo fans give a **** about the bills right now.. And if this is a team who's goal is to merely be competitive (and it sure looks that way)- then that's only going to get worse.

casdhf
03-18-2007, 02:12 PM
Ravens at Bills ... week 1

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 02:41 PM
YOu can groan me all you want, but it's the truth.. This is a team that's primary goal right now is to be competitive; not be a legit Super Bowl contender.

While I'm not saying its a wrong move for the long term (and be honest, long-term in Buffalo is a scary subject).

The fact that they've done nothing outside of the OL makes it obvious.

The defense was very average last year; and two of their best three players on the unit are gone. We havent even brought in a single FA defensively for an offical visit, let alone did a thing to try and improve the unit. It would surprise nobody if spikes is dealt before the draft; leaving the team with Crowell, Ellison and Wire/haggan as the three best LB's. Crowell could be real good. Ellison is real raw, and I dont want to talk about the others.

Offensively, the OL is better; well at least on the left side. But they have no RB besides A-Train, and the same set of "skill" players around Evans.

The draft will help, but how much do you expect rookies to contribute their first year?

This team wasn't better than NYJ or especially NE last year and how anybody could fathom them overtaking with this team is beyond me.

This is a much better run organization now: i give the Bills credit for that. and I DO LIKE the YOUNG players we have on this team.. I do have a faith a solid nucleus is being put in place.

But.. realistically, this team has a next-to-nothing chance to win this division this year by not adding more immediate help talent via FA. We're looking at 2008 minimum before we're legit contenders.

For some fans that's fine I suppose as long as we're sticking to a plan. FOr other fans, who are embarrassed to be one of only three teams this decade without a playoff game; it grows more than just tiring.

LtFinFan66
03-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Hopefully the Fins @ Bills will be after Sept. so I can try it again

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Well Miami twice is two automatic wins.

Cntrygal
03-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Hopefully the Fins @ Bills will be after Sept. so I can try it again

:hi5:

YardRat
03-18-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm betting we play 16 regular season games, with a week off thrown in the middle somewhere.

feldspar
03-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Remember last year? We were scheduled for all 1 o'clock games. I'd never seen that before. A couple of games were later changed to 4 o'clock for some reason. One game was even changed to 4, then changed back to 1.

Anyway, if the same thing happens again this year, I'll be pissed.

We damn well better get at least a Sunday night game, and it better not be at New England the week after the Patriots bye.

The league can't ignore us forever...or can they?

Ebenezer
03-18-2007, 04:54 PM
the Bills will have a prime time game this year.

venis2k1
03-18-2007, 04:55 PM
i wish we could play the dolphins every week

BAM
03-18-2007, 04:59 PM
the Bills will have a prime time game this year.

I think so too.

Go Bills!

Ebenezer
03-18-2007, 05:02 PM
i wish we could play the dolphins every week
law of averages says that the Fins would eventually win one.

Pinkerton Security
03-18-2007, 07:19 PM
Seeing as how we play hard schedules every year, and are playing teams in the NFC east this year who always seem to get night games, I am banking on ONE night game. Perhaps Bills vs. Dallas Monday nighter? how sweet would that be, to see us beat the Boys cuz TO dropped 3 more TD bombs after he toasted (insert starting CB here)!

OpIv37
03-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Well Miami twice is two automatic wins.

unfortunately the Pats twice is 2 automatic losses.

I say this every year, but why does everyone want a night game so bad? We NEVER sell them out and we ALWAYS lose and look like jackasses on national TV. Plus, night games are either Sunday or Monday night, which means extra waiting time before the game starts. I'm a big fan of the 1 pm Sunday game myself.

hammerbillsfan
03-18-2007, 08:44 PM
we ALWAYS lose and look like jackasses on national TV.

See Denver 2005. :horror:

chubluv
03-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Way to bring that memory back up.

venis2k1
03-18-2007, 08:59 PM
we ALWAYS lose and look like jackasses on national TV.

thats not true, we beat jacksonville in 2001 i think on a thursday nighter. it was the one game that year Rob Johnson didnt completly embarass himself.

patmoran2006
03-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I can guarentee you Wilson has requested to the league to NOT have a prime time game this year, at least at home.

It's harder to sell out night time games, and this team already experienced an embarassing plummet in attendance last year. Coupled with the fact we will be perceived as a young team with holes that will take more lumps in 2007, I highly doubt Wilson would want to try and sell out the Ralph for a prime time game.

G. Host
03-19-2007, 01:51 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnGuide

You need to change the date to the 5th of April..They have a TV special starting at 2pm.

Thanks for post and NFL at least posting schedule earlier for some need to reserve their time off ahead of time.

Too bad it will not make a difference last 7 weeks with ability of NFL to jerk around schedule at will but it will allow me to decide which games I am going to in 1st half of the year.

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 05:41 AM
thats not true, we beat jacksonville in 2001 i think on a thursday nighter. it was the one game that year Rob Johnson didnt completly embarass himself.

I was in Austin for that game... right after 9/11. Great game and great weekend (hate Texas, but Austin is a HELL of a town).

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 05:43 AM
Hoping for a good date for the Ravens game... I've had to watch them beat us twice down here and I'd love to come up and see us take it to them in the Ralph.

clumping platelets
03-19-2007, 07:54 AM
:movie:

Romes
03-19-2007, 07:58 AM
Hoping for a good date for the Ravens game... I've had to watch them beat us twice down here and I'd love to come up and see us take it to them in the Ralph.

I pray we crush the Ravens.

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I pray we crush the Ravens.

I join you in that prayer..... Amen.

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 09:22 AM

Denver 2005 L 28-17
NE 2005 L 21-16
NE 2004 L 29-6
Miami 2003 L 17-7
KC 2003 L 38-5

I might have missed one in there but it's been YEARS since we won a night game.

RockStar36
03-19-2007, 09:30 AM
They will have at least one night game this year, however it will most likely be on the road.

Personally, if they don't play week 1 at Buffalo I'd rather they start the season in Pittsburgh. I'd love to start the season by having the Bills beat up on the Steelers.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Night games at home are a problem because fans get so ****-faced it is embarassing.