PDA

View Full Version : Prepare yourselves for the unthinkable

jpdex12
03-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Who thought that we would pick Whitner in the 1st last year? Not me, but it turned out well. Especially since we ended up with Youboty and Simpson in later rounds than anyone expected them to get drafted.

So remember this year if we take someone that no one expects...

don't ***** about it until we see the final product! You can't do anything about it anyway and it gets real old fast!

Since you are thinking about it now, who is the unimagineable pick for us in this year's draft?

My half-educated guess- Larry Timmons

YardRat
03-18-2007, 09:15 PM
I've already stated several times my 'reach' pick is Revis from Pitt, and I'm sticking with it.

Tatonka
03-18-2007, 09:22 PM
revis just ran a 4.39 at his pro day, which was his knock, speed.

so he really isnt considered that much of a reach at this point. some "experts" have him as the top ranked CB.

YardRat
03-18-2007, 09:27 PM
revis just ran a 4.39 at his pro day, which was his knock, speed.

so he really isnt considered that much of a reach at this point. some "experts" have him as the top ranked CB.

I can't help it if others decide to hop on my coattails :D.

CB isn't considered a CW pick for us, and Revis has been flying under Hall's radar, so whether it's labeled a 'reach' pick or a 'surprise' pick, I'm still sticking with it.

jpdex12
03-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I can't help it if others decide to hop on my coattails :D.

CB isn't considered a CW pick for us, and Revis has been flying under Hall's radar, so whether it's labeled a 'reach' pick or a 'surprise' pick, I'm still sticking with it.

Do you really think that CB is a need for our first pick though? What is that saying about Youboty?

YardRat
03-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Do you really think that CB is a need for our first pick though? What is that saying about Youboty?

Make up your mind...do you want to talk about 'surprise' picks or not?

:D

If we do draft a corner, to me it obviously says 'this guy is better than Youboty (or McGee or Thomas, for that matter)

gr8slayer
03-18-2007, 09:34 PM
I trust that Marv will just say no to CB and yes to Marshall Faulk with Predator hair (Marshawn Lynch.)

jpdex12
03-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Make up your mind...do you want to talk about 'surprise' picks or not?

:D

If we do draft a corner, to me it obviously says 'this guy is better than Youboty (or McGee or Thomas, for that matter)

Alright, alright...I just can't quit being biased that we will either go after a LB or RB in the 1st.

Is it his special team ability that you think makes him even more appealing or just his overall talent at the CB spot to be a sleeper suprise pick?
He is a good return man.

Timmons has been a decent kick blocker at FSU.

YardRat
03-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Alright, alright...I just can't quit being biased that we will either go after a LB or RB in the 1st.

Is it his special team ability that you think makes him even more appealing or just his overall talent at the CB spot to be a sleeper suprise pick?
He is a good return man.

Timmons has been a decent kick blocker at FSU.

Good size and speed, and special teams is always a good bonus on a Marv Levy team. Plus, even though most think other positions need upgrading first (me among them, actually) I could see Marv replacing Clements in round #1 and picking up RB, LB, etc still on the first day.

venis2k1
03-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Lets not forget that lee evans was considered a bit of a reach in 2004.

X-Era
03-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Who thought that we would pick Whitner in the 1st last year? Not me, but it turned out well. Especially since we ended up with Youboty and Simpson in later rounds than anyone expected them to get drafted.

So remember this year if we take someone that no one expects...

don't ***** about it until we see the final product! You can't do anything about it anyway and it gets real old fast!

Since you are thinking about it now, who is the unimagineable pick for us in this year's draft?

My half-educated guess- Larry Timmons

My reach pick....hmmm....tough one. Ginn Jr. ? We are supposedly interested in Ginn, maybe this is the reach?

camelcowboy
03-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Justin Harnell DT tenn

clumping platelets
03-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Ted Ginn Jr at #12 :eek:

jamze132
03-19-2007, 03:13 AM
All I know is that we need to get some more punt catchers. We should draft one of those in the 1st round.

LOL