PDA

View Full Version : Why running back by committee won't cut it in Buffalo

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 05:16 AM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/03/bills-runningback-committee190307.html

"Players of Thurman Thomas' ilk don't show up on the draft board all that often, but some maneuvering with Adrian Peterson in mind might be worth it for the Bills, maybe via dealing some of the picks they got while shedding last year's rushing underachiever. That way, the recently re-signed Anthony Thomas can step into the Kenneth Davis role at which he would excel, backing up and occasionally spelling a potential galloping juggernaut of a superstar the team would be designating the clear-cut primary carrier. It's better than hoping three 'C' students would beat one smart guy in a special handicap match of Jeopardy!"

I love the analogies... as if a statue in a park or a game of Jeopardy have anything to do with an NFL backfield. Still, to some extent, the guy has a point. I don't agree with it, but I respect the point. I just feel like, for one year, we can get by with A-Train and a rookie (Brian Leonard). I know I'm beating a dead (and decaying) horse here, but is there anything else to talk about for the next few weeks?

Saratoga Slim
03-19-2007, 08:18 AM
is there anything else to talk about for the next few weeks?

No. I wish we'd add one more free agent if for no other reason than to give us something to talk about.

Talk0fNewYork
03-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Lynch is the guy we need, he'll be like the Marshall Faulk in Fairchilds offense he had in St. Louis, Peterson will have a good 5 years then his body will just shut down, Lynch will be able to carry the load and catch the ball consistently.