PDA

View Full Version : Get Well Cookie Thread.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Cookie,

You are a very important part of out football history in Buffalo. Be aware that you are in the thoughts and prayers of many current and former Western New York natives.

Get well and be safe.

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Get well soon Cookie! You played well before my time, but you are one of my favorite Bills. Your name will live forever among friends, and Bills fans.

Steven Whalen

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Is Cookie sick or something? I didn't know.

Get well soon Cookie. :miyagi:

RockStar36
03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Get well Cookie. We're all pulling for you!

BILLSROCK1212
03-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Get well Cookie and get well soon!!!! You were apart of the beginning of the Bills organization and helped make this team what it is today. Everyone's thoughts and prayers here at Billszone.com with you.

Jan Reimers
03-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Cookie,you are one of the greateast Buffalo Bills of all time. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Gunzlingr
03-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Get well, Cookie.

Go Bills!

chernobylwraiths
03-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Cookie,

I had often heard from my father stories of the man who was the greatest running back he ever saw. A punishing back who, in addition to running the ball, used to kick as well. He used to say that had a major knee injury not ended your career, you could have been considered one of the greats of all time. I also remember a story from Larry Felser that tells the tale of your first play as a Buffalo Bill. You kicked the opening kickoff, ran down the field knocking down the man in position to block you and made the tackle. That has to rank as one of the greatest starts to a professional sports career in Buffalo history.

I am glad to see that you are finally starting to embrace the idea of coming out to the public. I only wish it wasn't cancer that helped you make that decision, but with our prayers and God's will, you can defeat that. My hope is that you can come back to Buffalo and accept the adulation that you will undoubtly receive from its citizens so that you will fully realize the mistake of not coming back sooner. May God watch over you and God bless the doctors and nurses who are with you through your recovery process as well as your friends and family.

Get well Cookie,
Alan

Romes
03-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Get well soon Cookie

DraftBoy
03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Cookie you were the beginning of what is now the greatest dynasty in all of sports. I hope you reach a full and speedy recovery as soon as possible.

Matt Elder

shelby
03-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Dear Mr. Gilchrist,

You are truly a legendary athlete. I appreciate your contributions to the city of Buffalo during the time you played there. I wish you a full and speedy recovery. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sincerely,
Shelby Higgins

Generalissimus Gibby
03-19-2007, 08:02 PM
The Bills of my youth were the kelly, Reed, Smith, Thomas and Levy superbowl teams, but hey Cookie Gilchrist- from what I have read and seen- looks like he was a hell of good running back. Hope you recover mr. G.

YardRat
03-19-2007, 08:45 PM
My best wishes and and another 'get well soon' for one of the greatest players to ever don a Bills uniform.

YardRat

TigerJ
03-20-2007, 07:36 AM
I had not yet discovered the Buffalo Bills when you were still playing, but I admire a person who plays with enthusiasm as well as with power and skill. You did all three. I hope and pray for three things: first, that you beat this cancer and live to a ripe old age; second, that the bad blood between you and the Bills' organization gets healed so you can be recognized by a whole new generation of fans for the hero that you are; and three, that the players association and the NFL get together and fund a fair pension program for players like you who sacrificed your bodies for a relative pittance compared to players today.

Pinkerton Security
03-20-2007, 06:05 PM
You helped create one of the most fervent and loyal fan bases in the country, no matter what size. Thanks for your contributions and get well soon. We will all keep you in our prayers.

Andy Pinkerton

SABURZFAN
03-21-2007, 12:47 AM
cookie was a little before my time but some of the stories i've heard say that he was just as good as jim brown.the guy could run and catch the football.

get well cookie. :up:

mybills
03-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Dear Cookie,
1962 was a great year, because you surprisingly signed with the Bills. I'm not from Buffalo, but I surprised a few people by being born so ill that year. The doctors didn't think I would make it, but I did, and you will, too!
Do you want to know how I know? Every time you stepped on the field you proved to us that you have a fighting spirit! Although I'm no athlete, it's the kind of fighting spirit that I have. You can beat that cancer with that kind of spirit, I'm pulling for you.
Godspeed, Cookie.
~B.P.
from RI

Don't Panic
03-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Never had the chance to see you, but my dad speaks so highly of the way you played. I know this a heck of a fight you have in front of you, but the same passion you brought to the field will be your greatest weapon in overcoming this opponent. I wish you well, Cookie. You are in our prayers.

Saratoga Slim
03-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Hey Cookie - We're pulling for you! Thanks for some great years.

TedMock
03-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Thank you for anchoring a great tradition. Get well.

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Get well Cookie!!! GO BILLS!!

MTBillsFan
03-27-2007, 08:51 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

gil
03-27-2007, 09:46 AM
For me as well Cookie was before my time - but for anyone who suits up in Buffalo blue and represents the team and the city well there's always a soft spot.

Get well soon Cookie!

honey
03-27-2007, 10:22 AM
God bless, Cookie. Take care and get well soon. :bighug:

BILLSROCK1212
03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
anyone else today is the last day!!!!

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Get well soon Cookie and thanks for everything you did for Buffalo!

Michael82
03-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Get well, Cookie! I wasn't alive yet to see you as a Buffalo Bill, but if I did I'm sure you would have been one of my favorites. :up: