PDA

View Full Version : How nice it is to read this board...

Bruce is Loose
03-19-2007, 10:22 AM
What is the last year we went into a season without bickering about who would or should start and how well the Travis Brown's and Craig Nall's of the world could do? Probably Bledsoe's first season and even then we had to hear about what an awful trade it was.

I love Losman simply because he is fun to watch, easy to root for, and the first shimmer of real hope this team has had since Kelly (or maybe Flutie for some people)...

bflojohn
03-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh my God yes!! You, my friend are absolutely right!

BILLSROCK1212
03-19-2007, 10:26 AM
What is the last year we went into a season without bickering about who would or should start and how well the Travis Brown's and Craig Nall's of the world could do? Probably Bledsoe's first season and even then we had to hear about what an awful trade it was.

I love Losman simply because he is fun to watch, easy to root for, and the first shimmer of real hope this team has had since Kelly (or maybe Flutie for some people)...didn't really need to be brought back up but........Craig Nall fan club?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa

justasportsfan
03-19-2007, 10:27 AM
I think JP is ready to step it up. He's obviously not stupid , great work ethic and a perfectionist.

I still remember what Shanahan said the first time he played JP "we got ourselves a qb" or something like that. :huh:

Mr. Pink
03-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Gotta do it!

NALL BALL BABY!

gr8slayer
03-19-2007, 10:30 AM
lol. Just wait till SAB and TD get a hold of this thread.

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Gotta do it!

NALL BALL BABY!
I was just going to say, "where are those Nall Ball idEEots?" :snicker:

X-Era
03-19-2007, 10:32 AM

I love Losman simply because he is fun to watch, easy to root for, and the first shimmer of real hope this team has had since Kelly (or maybe Flutie for some people)...

It because we have run the roost with tough guys...check my new sig.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 10:33 AM
JP showed a lot last year and I think earned some respect for people who wouldn't/didn't want to give it to him, including myself.

The play that impressed me more than any was actually a bad one. He threw that INT late in the Baltimore game and the team was obviously already done. He could've given up, but he hustled his ass towards the sideline and hog tied the guy down.

He's a gamer.

However, I have to be honest.. I dont think he's going get better unless he gets more weapons; and outside of Evans he has nobody who will consistently make a play. That's could be a major hinderance on his development.

lordofgun
03-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Way to start a QB debate thread, tanked. :up:

Bruce is Loose
03-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Sorry LOG, at least the pokes are all in fun, and there is no lownalling going on :-D

JP is definatly a gamer- he has embraced the city and plays the game with everything hes got...
Yea, hes gotta get more weapns but the offseason is young, and clearly we will get a RB (cough LYNCH cough) and hopefully another WR. We havnt had a TE in so long that I wont bother hoping for one now...

HHURRICANE
03-19-2007, 10:51 AM
However, I have to be honest.. I dont think he's going get better unless he gets more weapons; and outside of Evans he has nobody who will consistently make a play. That's could be a major hinderance on his development.

I am going to disagree here.

Having a legit O-line is going to pay big dividends this year.

We had to keep McGahee and Royal in alot to block on passing downs. I believe that the Bills wil draft a RB that can catch out of the backfield (Lynch) and you will see Royal or Cieslak catching more balls this year. All of the teams that have active TE's usually have formidable lines. We really do need a big WR even as a #4 guy. I would not be surprised to see the Bills pick someone up in the 4th round.

justasportsfan
03-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Except for a rb , I wonder if he needs more weapons . Maybe he already has them but all he needed was a better OL and Fairchild opening up the playbook .

Jan Reimers
03-19-2007, 10:54 AM
I give Marv and the new coaching staff at least some of the credit for JP's emergence. They got him a QB coach who straightened out some mechanical problems, and Jauron had the courage and intelligence to stick with him, restoring some of the confidence that he had lost under Mularkey.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 10:56 AM
I am going to disagree here.

Having a legit O-line is going to pay big dividends this year.

We had to keep McGahee and Royal in alot to block on passing downs. I believe that the Bills wil draft a RB that can catch out of the backfield (Lynch) and you will see Royal or Cieslak catching more balls this year. All of the teams that have active TE's usually have formidable lines. We really do need a big WR even as a #4 guy. I would not be surprised to see the Bills pick someone up in the 4th round.
My bigger problem, at least in my opinion from what I've seen; is that our WR's simply don't get open often enough. this is the NFL, any player can make a play once in a while, but these guys don't get open near enough.

They need to get a solid #2 WR who can get open and get over the middle as well. IT would do wonders for Evans and for Losman.

But with this draft, we have too many more pressing needs to use an early pick on WR. So I guess we'll find out because I think we're going to have the same exact WR corp this year.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2007, 10:58 AM
If (a big if) the O-line can pass block without the RB and TE staying in to block, that will help tremndously. Not running Max protect all of the time will give JP more options and make life for Evans, Price, Reed, etc much easier.

HHURRICANE
03-19-2007, 11:12 AM
My bigger problem, at least in my opinion from what I've seen; is that our WR's simply don't get open often enough. this is the NFL, any player can make a play once in a while, but these guys don't get open near enough.

You can afford to play guys tight at the line when you know the QB isn't getting 4 seonds to release the ball. DBs can't gamble like that this year and I think you will see a much bigger playbook out of Fairchild.

The coaching staff sacificed the first half of the season last year doing what a lot of coaches wouldn't have the guts to do. Look at Vick. The Bills should see some serious dividends this year.

ddaryl
03-19-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree with the sentiments above. JP earned some respect from Bills fans with his the way he played during the last 8 games. He definitely became more consistent and things were obviously starting to click/slow down for him.

I expect to see him come out a stronger this year and gain momnetum as the season moves on.

It is a huge relief not seeing endless QB debate threads.