PDA

View Full Version : At this time, where are you projecting the Bills for 2008?

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 11:09 AM
?
Im thinking as of right now, 6-10........

BAM
03-19-2007, 11:15 AM
8-8

BILLSROCK1212
03-19-2007, 11:16 AM
16-0

HHURRICANE
03-19-2007, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't bother until after the draft but no less than 9-7. Guranteed that Dick and Marv aren't expecting less and we certianly didn't overachieve last year.

I said 7-9 and offered a $1,000 bet out on it last year. It's early but I'll definately put 9-7 out there, right now, same bet. Any takers?

Mr. Pink
03-19-2007, 11:18 AM
0-0-16

I wonder if that would make the playoffs? lol

camelcowboy
8-8 with 2-0 sweep of the fish

Dr. Lecter
?
Im thinking as of right now, 6-10........

Do you really think they will be that worse?

9-7, maybe 10-6.

justasportsfan
6 wins until the run D is addressed

Carlton Bailey
03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Between 8-8 and 11-5.

L.A. Playa
shouldnt you wait to see what happens in 2007 before predicting 2008 ???

BILLSROCK1212
0-0-16

I wonder if that would make the playoffs? lolthat would equal about 8-8 if u divided that in half and we have the tie breaker over teh 8-8 teams so in the NFC yes in the AFC....keep dreamin'

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Do you really think they will be that worse?

9-7, maybe 10-6.
I think that IF they have a good draft, and IF the young guys we drafted last year pretty much ALL continue (we need all of them) to get better, and if Losman shows the second half of last season was no fluke.

Then, I think 2008 is the year that we can compete with any team in the league.

Right now, they have too many holes, too many question marks, not enough vet leadership, and too many young players; not to mention a ridiculously harder schedule this coming year... Lastly, the OL will be better but the run defense still looks putrid, and you cant win when you cant stop the run.

My best realistic hope is they draft well and are at least competitive and entertaining enough to not turn off a lot of the casual fans who they are starting to lose to the Sabres and whatever else they're losing them to.

FOr guys like most of us on here, it's all about football. To thousands of casual fans/ticket buyers. Losing recognizable players like Fletcher, Clements, McGahee and possibly Spikes and not having a good record is going to hurt the ticket gate an awful lot.

The Answer
03-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Kind of hard to prognosticate at this point - but depending on what happens in 2007, than 2008 will most certainly be a critical year for Richard Jauron.

If Buffalo has another rebuilding year in 2007 (Which The Answer suspects they might) than optimistically The Answer believes we will finally break out in 2008 and be a 10+ team.

2007 - time for Losman and Evans to shine!

~The Answer

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Kind of hard to prognosticate at this point - but depending on what happens in 2007, than 2008 will most certainly be a critical year for Richard Jauron.

If Buffalo has another rebuilding year in 2007 (Which The Answer suspects they might) than optimistically The Answer believes we will finally break out in 2008 and be a 10+ team.

2007 - time for Losman and Evans to shine!

~The Answer
Losman/Evans already do shine.

2007 = time for Whitner, McCargo, Simpson, Crowell and Youboty to shine.

Mitchy moo
03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
lets see the draft & revisit this after.

gr8slayer
03-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I'll answer when TC comes around.

The Answer
03-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Losman/Evans already do shine.

2007 = time for Whitner, McCargo, Simpson, Crowell and Youboty to shine.

Losman/Evans are going to have to turn it up a notch in 2007 - especially if this team don't have a true #1 back to carry the football, they will be forced to carry the team with hopefully improved pass protection.

~The Answer

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 11:43 AM
19-0... realistically, 9-7.

gr8slayer
03-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Better than the Dolphins.

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 12:08 PM
it's hard enough to call 2007, let alone 2008. This team has some SERIOUS holes, but there are two drafts and a full offseason before 08, plus a bunch of young guys on our roster who may or may not step up.

This year, though, won't be any better than last year because we still won't be able to stop the run. I'd say 7-9 or worse for 07.

TacklingDummy
03-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't bother until after the draft but no less than 9-7. Guranteed that Dick and Marv aren't expecting less and we certianly didn't overachieve last year.

I said 7-9 and offered a $1,000 bet out on it last year. It's early but I'll definately put 9-7 out there, right now, same bet. Any takers?

I think the Bills take a step back this year. 5-11/6-10. Losman overachived. Losmans stats. were a product of Lee Evans making outstanding moves/catches. Teams are going to start to double cover Lee Evans and unless someone else steps up the passing offense could be in trouble. That's why im hoping the Bills use the first pick on WR.

And right now the run D doesn't look much better than last year.

I will take your bet.

DraftBoy
03-19-2007, 12:27 PM
7-9 in 07
9-7 in 08

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 12:35 PM
7-9 in 07
9-7 in 08
Dude, if that's our record through 2008, this franchise and its future in Buffalo are in very BIG TROUBLE>

THey better hope the Sabres go into the tank too then, or nobody in Buffalo is going to care about the Bills anymore.

The Answer
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
There is going to be tremendous pressure for this team to make the playoffs THIS SEASON - but The Answer just don't see it happening with all the new faces and young players.

Things could get very ugly if this team gets off to another slow start in 2007.....

~The Answer

Earthquake Enyart
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
15-1

The refs rob us of one New England game.

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 12:45 PM
19-0... realistically, 9-7.

I didn't even realize the thread was '08. D'oh! In that case, 12-4, 15-4 after we win the Super Bowl.

DraftBoy
03-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Dude, if that's our record through 2008, this franchise and its future in Buffalo are in very BIG TROUBLE>

THey better hope the Sabres go into the tank too then, or nobody in Buffalo is going to care about the Bills anymore.

Yee of little faith, this franchise has endured worse and if the city and its fans see us improving they will remain patient. Rebuilding doesnt happen in 1 or 2 years.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Actually, that was a mistake..

I meant 2007.. WHo the hell knows if our owner or GM will even be around in 2008.. Dont mean to be cynical, but its not like they're in their 40s or 50s

gr8slayer
03-19-2007, 12:52 PM
15-1

The refs rob us of one New England game.
Only one? That would be a hell of a change.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Yee of little faith, this franchise has endured worse and if the city and its fans see us improving they will remain patient. Rebuilding doesnt happen in 1 or 2 years.
Again, not to be cynical..

But to "rebuild" that means you had to have been good first. This team hasnt been good in almost a decade; how much longer do you think the fans will be patient in an increasingly slumping economy with an owner *****ing up a storm to anybody who will listen about not being ecomocially viable in a town where the Sabres have CLEARLY taken over as the no. 1 team in the region.

The Bills are becoming a tougher sell each and every year. Some people dont think it was a big deal that we had 4 straight blackouts. I do

Ron Burgundy
03-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I'd say 7-9 or worse for 07.

That sounds about right.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
There you have it.

If ROn Burgandy says it, it must be true..

DraftBoy
03-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Again, not to be cynical..

But to "rebuild" that means you had to have been good first. This team hasnt been good in almost a decade; how much longer do you think the fans will be patient in an increasingly slumping economy with an owner *****ing up a storm to anybody who will listen about not being ecomocially viable in a town where the Sabres have CLEARLY taken over as the no. 1 team in the region.

The Bills are becoming a tougher sell each and every year. Some people dont think it was a big deal that we had 4 straight blackouts. I do

Agreed rebuild is not a good term. And I also agree that 4 straight blackouts is a huge deal!!

Ron Burgundy
03-19-2007, 12:58 PM
The draft could shake that up, but it'd have to be one stellar draft...maybe AP or Marshawn Lynch with the first pick and jumping back into the first round to get Jon Beason or Lawrence Timmons. I'd like to take a flyer on Daymeion Hughes on the second day, too.

Bert102176
03-19-2007, 08:26 PM
3-13 sweep the fins and 1 against the Jets, maybe after what I see we draft it'll change but not as of right now

YardRat
03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
In Buffalo.

Don't Panic
03-20-2007, 07:26 AM
In Buffalo.

Let's hope that's true of 2009, 2010..... 2020

Devin
03-20-2007, 07:34 AM
:yawn:

njsue
03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
AFC East Division winners and playoff bound.

Romes
03-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I have them going 10-6 in 2012

Generalissimus Gibby
03-20-2007, 12:05 PM
well lets see now. In 2007 we draft a young DL and LB corps and we go 9-7 to 11-5. In 2008 we draft a wr and get depth and pick up some free agent help and we go 16-0. Are you seriously already writing off 2007 without one game being played and before the draft?

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 12:10 PM
4-12, 5-11, 6-10

GarnOFreak
03-20-2007, 01:13 PM
2007: 8-8
2008: 10-6

GarnOFreak
03-20-2007, 01:19 PM
we had the hardest strength of schedule last year and lost 6 games by one score or less. I think that the OL improvement gives us one more score per game(be it a FG or TD). And the defensive departures will lose us about the same. So, just like last year...a lot of close games, with a one game overall improvement due to:

-second year in same offense
-better talent to block
-emerging young players
-team chemistry(less players who are "I/Me" types)

feldspar
03-20-2007, 02:18 PM
9 - 7.

I like this team, but we do have a somewhat brutal schedule. Luckily, so does everyone else in our division.

Here are the only differences in the teams we play within the division:

Buffalo: Denver, Jacksonville
NY Jets: Kansas City, Tennessee
Miami: Oakland, Houston
New England: Indianapolis, San Diego

Miami plays two of the easiest teams, and New England plays the two toughest teams...just an interesting fact.

If Buffalo can beat New England at least once, I predict playoffs.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Hmmmm, let's see.

We have no RUN D to speak of. There's major questions at linebacker. Our seconday lost it's star corner. Our defensive ends have trouble consistently pressuring opposing quarterbacks; and as of right now, our RB unit can be charachterized as one of the leauge's worst.

We had an awful offense last year which, when it was all said and done, ranked near the bottom of the NFL under the leadership of a turnover prone, inaccurate sack-taking quarterback.

Our offensive line remains a big question mark. And at head coach, we're headed by a guy whose final choice of the 2006 season with the playoffs riding; was a disastrous decision to abandon a very makeable kick and opt instead for a monstrously botched play indicative of an incapable gameday coach.

Anyone who thinks this team will progress past last season's record is living in La La land.

6- 10 maximum.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 02:37 PM
What makeable kick?

If you are talking about the Tennessee game, you are flat out wrong. the play calling on the drive and communication was putrid, but the kick decision was correct.

The winds were brutal.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 02:43 PM
What makeable kick?

If you are talking about the Tennessee game, you are flat out wrong. the play calling on the drive and communication was putrid, but the kick decision was correct.

The winds were brutal.
Not at the time of the kick they weren't.

It was makeable and attempting the kick WAS THE RIGHT play.

The playoffs were on the line, you go for the kick, that's the bottom line.

What you dont do is try that awful play that Jauron called.

That was pure amateur.

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Not at the time of the kick they weren't.

It was makeable.
Were you there?

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes they were and the winds were swirling like they always do.

Bironas, with a stronger leg, had tried the same kick earlier and had JUST made it.

The kick call was not the problem. The play calling was. They should have ran one or two draws to get the yardage.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Yes they were and the winds were swirling like they always do.

Bironas, with a stronger leg, had tried the same kick earlier and had JUST made it.

The kick call was not the problem. The play calling was. They should have ran one or two draws to get the yardage.

No. They should have kicked it. Bottom line. Like I said, what resulted was amatuer and Jauron blew it big time.

The winds were not swirling at the time of the kick, it was the wrong decsion to abandon the attempt.

In fact, it was so stupid I remember all the highlights that day in the media absolutely laughing at the call.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 02:48 PM
What was hitting me in the face?

And they were coming and going very suddenly. The winds were very tricky that day.

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 02:48 PM
No. They should have kicked it. Bottom line. Like I said, what resulted was amatuer and Jauron blew it big time.

The winds were not swirling at the time of the kick, it was the wrong decsion.
Again, were you there?

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Again, were you there?

Nope.

But I know a few people who were there who told me there was no reason the attempt should haver been abandoned and I trust them a lot more than I do Lecter even if he was there and I was not.

Awful play. That's the bottom line. And it's all on Jauron.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 02:50 PM

The winds were not swirling at the time of the kick, it was the wrong decsion to abandon the attempt.

In fact, it was so stupid I remember all the highlights that day in the media absolutely laughing at the call.

There you go, listen to the media. They were not at the stadium.

Not to mention, Lindell himself admitted that when asked he was unsure.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Nope.

But I know a few people who were there who told me there was no reason the attempt should haver been abandoned and I trust them a lot more than I do Lecter even if he was there and I was not.

You weren't there, yet you comment on the winds at the time?

I could fall into a line of "lol"s and "hahahah"s, but I wil pass, as well as no "That is so stupid"s and let it pass.

Fact is, the play calling sucked. The kick would have likely been short. And then you would ***** about that.

Not to mention Lindell passed on the chance.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 02:52 PM
There you go, listen to the media. They were not at the stadium.

Not to mention, Lindell himself admitted that when asked he was unsure.

Lindell also wanted to kick it.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 02:53 PM
You weren't there, yet you comment on the winds at the time?

I could fall into a line of "lol"s and "hahahah"s, but I wil pass, as well as no "That is so stupid"s and let it pass.

A predictable response from a predictable poster.

But I know a few people who were there who told me there was no reason the attempt should have been abandoned and I trust them a lot more than I do Lecter even if he was there and I was not.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Lindell also wanted to kick it.

He admitted after the game he was asked and told Jauron he was not sure if he could make it.

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Nope.

Dude, you've always looked for a reason to bash something or someone associated with the Bills. You have a deep rooted hatred for the Bills. Had we kicked it and missed it you would have been raising hell about how the winds were too bad and Jauron should be fired.

You have very little credibility.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2007, 02:55 PM

But I know a few people who were there who told me there was no reason the attempt should have been abandoned and I trust them a lot more than I do Lecter even if he was there and I was not.

Yeah, I am not unpredictable like yourself.

Of course you edit your post after I start my response.

Tell you what, you come to the games and start to understand the winds. Then complain.

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 02:55 PM

Funny because I have friends who were at the game too that said the winds were horrible. I trust them a lot more than a guy who used to claim he wrote articles on BBI when in reality he was just copying and pasting them.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Dude, you've always looked for a reason to bash something or someone associated with the Bills. You have a deep rooted hatred for the Bills. Had we kicked it and missed it you would have been raising hell about how the winds were too bad and Jauron should be fired.

You have very little credibility.
Do you really need me to go to the 'other site' dig up old posts of mine, copy and paste them here and prove that I know what i'm talking about more than you do?

Weren't you a TD lover?

Weren't you also a Bledsoe lover.

I dont know the answer to these question. But I have nothing beter to do. So I guess I'll look up some of your old gems and see exactlythe rate of your accuracy prognosticating the Bills.

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Do you really need me to go to the 'other site' dig up old posts of mine, copy and paste them here and prove that I know what i'm talking about more than you do?

Weren't you a TD lover?

Weren't you also a Bledsoe lover.

I dont know the answer to these question. But I have nothing beter to do. So I guess I'll look up some of your old gems and see exactly what kidn of credibility you have prognosticating the Bills.
So because I supported TD's draft picks and I hoped for the best out of Bledsoe I have no credibility?

Weren't you the one that thought we would never recover from losing Peerless Price?

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Funny because I have friends who were at the game too that said the winds were horrible. I trust them a lot more than a guy who used to claim he wrote articles on BBI when in reality he was just copying and pasting them.
I never wrote articles for the BBI.

I have no idea where this charge comes from.

And I also fail to see how its relevant to the discussion.

Listen, I don't care what you say about the winds that day. Think what you want. I think it was a bad call. And the ensuing call was even worse.

And I think it shows how incapable of a coach we have going into 2007. Maybe he'll improve. Maybe he wont. I dont know.

But I do know the Bills have been awful and havent sniffed the playoffs in years.

You want me to shutup? Then tell the Bills to start putting a winner on the field.

I give props when props is due.

If you have a problem with that, then don't read my posts.

If I feel my favourite team is going to be a perpetual loser, then I'm going to say so.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 03:03 PM
So because I supported TD's draft picks and I hoped for the best out of Bledsoe I have no credibility?

Weren't you the one that thought we would never recover from losing Peerless Price?

Whereas you predicted we would make the playoffs, I said we would not.

I was right. You were wrong.

HAMMER
03-20-2007, 03:06 PM
2-14, we crush the Dolphins twice and I am very happy.

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Whereas you predicted we would make the playoffs, I said we would not.

I was right. You were wrong.
Lee Evans > Peerless Price