PDA

View Full Version : What makes you the most uncomfortable?

Earthquake Enyart
03-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Let's try to make a point a different way... :::

Gunzlingr
03-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Probably Atrain. However, I don't think he will be the sole option come Sept.

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Probably Atrain. However, I think he will be the sole option come Sept.

:ill: god i hope not

Meathead
03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
that tense moment during your physical when the doctor says on your hands and knees please

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Going into this year with the same crap DL we had last year.

I think Youboty or K Thomas could do OK as a starting corner IF we could get pressure on the QB. But we run a system where the DL has to pressure the QB without passes despite the fact that none of our DT's can rush the passer very well.

As far as A train- he's good for 980 yards- that's what Willis gave us. And depending on who we draft, he may not even be the "feature" back.

As far as Crowell, I'm not sold on him but I think we could definitely do worse. I'm more worried about TKO returning because as it is, we have TKO and Crowell as bonified starters and Ellison as a possible starter- this LB corps is one injury away from being a complete disaster, and TKO may already have that injury.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
ABsolutely..

By far, our soft batch cookie front seven makes me the most uncomfortable, but with all that was invested in the draft last year (McCargo, Williams) we haev to live with it and hope they come around in year two.

I dont think we can use another top choice on DL, though if Okoye was there it would be something to think about..

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2007, 01:27 PM
that tense moment during your physical when the doctor says on your hands and knees please
Not for The Answer.

Earthquake Enyart
03-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Well, Marv doesn't seem to share your concern about the DL.

And I think we have bigger problems as well.

justasportsfan
03-19-2007, 01:32 PM
MIssing a DT and MLB (if Spikes never recovers)

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 01:34 PM

no, we really don't. Our biggest problem last year was our lack of ability to stop the run and generate pass pressure. It's going to be the same story this year- teams will just go up by one TD and play ball control the entire game.

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 01:35 PM
and I don't know why everyone is so concerned about A-train. Yeah, he's nothing special, but everyone seems to be forgetting about McGahee's lackluster play last year. It's not like we really downgraded the running game, but A-train doesn't have that name recognition that McGahee does so everyone just assumes he's worse.

Gunzlingr
03-19-2007, 01:36 PM
:ill: god i hope not

:rofl:
OOOPS! it was supposed to say I don't think he will be the sole option.

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 01:37 PM

Your love for crappy corners has blinded you to the teams real problem. Marv focus as he has stated is run, and stop the run. RB,DT,LB are going to be biggest focus this draft.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 01:37 PM

He also doesn't share my concern about Anthony Thomas being our starting RB either.. Or not even having a FB on the roster. Or the same supporting cast of Jackoff WR's around Evans..

what's your point?

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 01:40 PM
:rofl:
OOOPS! it was supposed to say I don't think he will be the sole option.:phew:

Earthquake Enyart
03-19-2007, 01:40 PM
no, we really don't. Our biggest problem last year was our lack of ability to stop the run and generate pass pressure. It's going to be the same story this year- teams will just go up by one TD and play ball control the entire game.
Well, Marv resigned Denney. We already have Schobel, Kelsey, and Hargrove at DE as well. When Marv resigned Denney, that meant to me that he's happy with the DE's here.

At DT we have Tripplett, Williams, McCargo, and Marv resigned Anderson. When he resigned Anderson, that meant to me that he's happy with them as well.

To me, the biggest problem was with Fletcher in a cover 2 making tackles 10 yards down the field. Next was a one legged Spikes. We have bigger problems at LB than we do on the DL. But an even bigger problem is Youboty starting at corner. That's ridiculous.

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Well, Marv resigned Denney. We already have Schobel, Kelsey, and Hargrove at DE as well. When Marv resigned Denney, that meant to me that he's happy with the DE's here.

At DT we have Tripplett, Williams, McCargo, and Marv resigned Anderson. When he resigned Anderson, that meant to me that he's happy with them as well.

To me, the biggest problem was with Fletcher in a cover 2 making tackles 10 yards down the field. Next was a one legged Spikes. We have bigger problems at LB than we do on the DL. But an even bigger problem is Youboty starting at corner. That's ridiculous.

who the **** cares if Marv is happy with them? They clearly weren't good enough last year and we re-signed the whole ****ing group. It defies all logic.

gr8slayer
03-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Youboty

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 01:42 PM

Cover 2 means you can survive with average corners. Youboty was a first round prospect last year. I think they give him a shot. There isn't a corner worth the 12th pick in this draft.

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 01:44 PM
also, why is it that you're OK with Marv re-signing the crap DL because that means he's "happy", but when he says Crowell will play MLB, suddenly it's still a problem spot in your eyes?

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Cover 2 means you can survive with average corners. Youboty was a first round prospect last year. I think they give him a shot. There isn't a corner worth the 12th pick in this draft.

we got youboty in the 3rd round- if he had a first round grade, why did some teams pass on him 2 or 3 times?

Earthquake Enyart
03-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I think McCargo better play like he has a first round grade.

I think Hargrove and Denney are OK backups and/or rotation guys.

I think Kyle Williams is gonna be a beast.

So I think there are bigger problems than DL.

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Run and Stop the run. Oline is done, RB, DT, LB are priorities i would like to see a 2nd wr this year but we have to many holes to reach for crappy corners like "look i have been burnt again" hall.

Mr. Pink
03-19-2007, 01:49 PM
other....the same wack defensive tackles who couldn't stop the run last year are here...again.

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 01:53 PM
we got youboty in the 3rd round- if he had a first round grade, why did some teams pass on him 2 or 3 times?

Whitner had a second round grade from most people. Who cares? Leon hall is garbage and i like Youboty better as a prospect then Hall especially in this defense.

bigbub2352
03-19-2007, 01:53 PM
i think RB, having A-Train be the feature, we need to have a compliment to him, i think we need Atrain to be our kenneth davis, and find a real skat back like darius walker or lorenzo booker in the later rounds instead of crap shaud williams, while also gettin a feature back on day one

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 01:56 PM
i think RB, having A-Train be the feature, we need to have a compliment to him, i think we need Atrain to be our kenneth davis, and find a real skat back like darius walker or lorenzo booker in the later rounds instead of crap shaud williams, while also gettin a feature back on day one

I think Walker was great for ND but he's too small for the NFL. He's better than Shaud, but he's still a "scat back" and he won't be able to take the punishment of the NFL for very long.

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Whitner had a second round grade from most people. Who cares? Leon hall is garbage and i like Youboty better as a prospect then Hall especially in this defense.

I agree that we shouldn't draft a CB and Youboty's as good an option as anyone we would draft, but that's not saying very much. I'm just sick of hearing people use his pre-draft grade as proof that he'll be good for this team. I love it how people on this board say the draft gurus don't know what they're talking about when Whitner was called a "reach", but those are the same people who gave Youboty his "first round grade" and they all of a sudden have credibility. It seems to me that there are a lot of homers around here who like the draft gurus when they say good things about Bills picks and hate them when they say bad things about bills picks.

Philagape
03-19-2007, 02:09 PM
More than all those, I'm concerned about our depth at LB with Spikes still an unknown, and the right side of the O-line.

ddaryl
03-19-2007, 02:19 PM
What worries me the most is our inability to stop the run / DL

We need an immovable object to stuff the middle of the DL IMO

bigbub2352
03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I think Walker was great for ND but he's too small for the NFL. He's better than Shaud, but he's still a "scat back" and he won't be able to take the punishment of the NFL for very long.

that is exactly what i said get one of them in the later rounds for a true skat back, and draft a rb in 1st round

YardRat
03-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm good with Crowell moving to the middle...in fact, I look forward to it.

I'm OK with ATrain, but we need to get a Day1 RB also.

Youboty is an unknown, and the possible drop-off at corner can't be ignored.

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm good with Crowell moving to the middle...in fact, I look forward to it.

I'm OK with ATrain, but we need to get a Day1 RB also.

Youboty is an unknown, and the possible drop-off at corner can't be ignored.

Your answer for corner is not in this draft. Especially not the 12th pick

Earthquake Enyart
03-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I agree that we shouldn't draft a CB and Youboty's as good an option as anyone we would draft, but that's not saying very much. .
I just don't get this. Sorry.

Who's gonna start, first round grade or Kewaukee Thomas?

I just don't see how CB ISN"T our 1st round pick.

Elminster
03-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I chose "Other." I'm concerned about our linebacker depth should we part ways with TKO. Ellison, IMO, is a starter, but I don't feel very confident about any of the other guys aside from Crowell(including Spikes...I'm leery of him in light of his play last year.) A-Train as a feature back IMO won't happen but would be fine behind our revamped offensive line. He knows his assignments, hits the holes, and has good hands. He could offer us the same average production of McGahee by virtue of his greater dedication and vision.

Youboty? Don't bother me, in large part because we can't do any better than a 1st-round talent with a year in the system. Sure, we could draft Leon Hall, but why? Youboty was considered a first-round talent and slipped because he was raw. He's been with the team a year and should have a good knowledge of the system. He's further along than Leon Hall would be straight out of Michigan. We didn't draft Youboty to play nickel, we drafted him to be our #1 corner....

Night Train
03-19-2007, 03:04 PM

I have to agree on the LB's. Fletcher was all effort/heart but wasn't effective filling the hole on runs between the tackles. I was encouraged slightly by Spikes in the last 2 games but upon further review, most of those runs came straight at him. His side to side mobility and ability to drop in the short zone on passes was a shell of his former self. Not good. Could we pick a LB and deal him after the selection on Draft day ? Wouldn't surprise me.

I could see a LB in the 1st 2 rounds and maybe a quick 1 gap DT in Rounds 3-4. McCargo and Tripplett currently play the 3 gap, outside the shoulder of the Guard. Kyle Williams and Anderson just don't cut it at the 1 gap. 1 can see another addition or the moving of McCargo. I think Anderson is just a body until a better option comes along. He's hanging by a thread.

K. Thomas will probably open as the starting CB over Youboty. Far more experience until Youboty can show something.

TedMock
03-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Right guard makes me most uncomfortable. Whittle, Preston, Butler, Merz, etc. No clear-cut starter. Hopefully one proves their worth.

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't say Crowell, but the LBing corp in general. As of right now, Ellison is starting and Spikes is a ?, so that has to be the greatest concern. I did check though and the sky still isn't falling.

EDS
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM
I have 5 primary concerns in the following order of importance:

1. Improved defensive line play. I am hoping for Okoye in the draft.
2. Starting caliber running back. A-Train is a back-up, nothing more.
3. Right side of the offensive line. Walker scares me and the Bills did not do much to upgrade the biggest whole on the line from last year (right guard). I am hoping one of the youngster emerges.
4. Linebacker depth. There isn't any, so this is a big need. For this reason I cannot fathom why they would want to get rid of TKO, who at 80% is better then anyone else available.
5. I think Youbouty will be fine at corner but I also think the loss of Nate will be felt more then people realize.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 04:17 PM
What worries me the most is our inability to stop the run / DL

We need an immovable object to stuff the middle of the DL IMO
I know some fat chicks on Chippewa street we could sign to clog up the middle...

they'd all be better than Timmayyyyy Timmy tim Anderson

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I have 5 primary concerns in the following order of importance:

1. Improved defensive line play. I am hoping for Okoye in the draft.
2. Starting caliber running back. A-Train is a back-up, nothing more.
3. Right side of the offensive line. Walker scares me and the Bills did not do much to upgrade the biggest whole on the line from last year (right guard). I am hoping one of the youngster emerges.
4. Linebacker depth. There isn't any, so this is a big need. For this reason I cannot fathom why they would want to get rid of TKO, who at 80% is better then anyone else available.
5. I think Youbouty will be fine at corner but I also think the loss of Nate will be felt more then people realize.
You're right on all accounts..

I would list #5 as a legit #2 WR.

All of that.. Its just too much to address in the draft.. The team had more than enough cap room.. 2 more of these spots should've been addressed via FA, which combined with a good draft would have us a lot further along than where we will end up being.

Tatonka
03-19-2007, 04:19 PM
kidney stones make me most uncomfortable.

SABURZFAN
03-19-2007, 05:46 PM
lossman as our QB makes me uncomfortable.

BAM
03-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Youboty starting.

Hasn't proved anything, let alone played at all really.

:nervous:

Meathead
03-19-2007, 08:09 PM
http://www.abbottdiagnostics.com/Your_Health/Cancer-Oncology/images/figure2.gif

YardRat
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Your answer for corner is not in this draft. Especially not the 12th pick

Revis.