Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

A Royal Problem

A Royal problem

Today
    Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:44 PM ET | Link
    A ROYAL PROBLEM: Everyone who owns a home knows maintaining a house or making improvements is a seemingly endless process. So imagine how Bills TE Robert Royal felt when he got a call from his contractor this offseason telling him his house was completely flooded. Apparently when Royal left to go down to his native Louisiana at the end of the season he turned his thermostat off. The water in his pipes then froze, expanded and burst all the pipes in his house. Water was apparently cascading down from the second floor bathroom. His contractor happened to be driving by and saw water coming out the front door. He went inside and waded through three and a half feet of water in the basement to turn the water off. Needless to say the house is a mess. That's a tough, tough lesson for a native southerner to learn about having a home up north.

---

That's what you get for not making an easy TD catch against Tennessee.......In all seriousness that sucks and I hope that problem gets fixed without trouble for Robert Royal.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: A Royal Problem

KARMA!

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

lol if he doesn't know to drag his back foot in the endzone. I can't imagine him knowing that water freezes. I'd cut him for this. Did he not have pipes in washington?

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

I hope he had flood insurance.

This happened to me when I owned a trailer. I moved out and left the heat on, but my furnace went tits up in the middle of cold snap and it was a disaster. Lost about 12 grand of my investment because it wasn't worth paying the monthlies and sinking a couple of grand back into it and then probably not being able to sell it quickly, or end up selling it at a substantial loss

I ended up giving it to a friend who was my neighbor and used to do odd jobs for me simply because he cool dude. He put a few bucks into it and trashed his trailer which was in semi rough shape. I think I recieved some good karma in return for this ordeal over the year. I've rebounded quite nicely. He still lives in it, and it ended up being a nice upgrade for him.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
          I can't imagine him knowing that water freezes. I'd cut him for this.
          Nice!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

been there.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

the Royal problem is that Royal has too many penalty yards and dropped passes and too few catches.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Looks to me like a ROYAL FLUSH!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

good news is that his damage is not considered "flood" damage. That kind of damage from a pipe leak would fall under the coverage from the home owners policy.

bad news is, that is not covered by your home owners insurance because he turned off the thermostat. I am a home inspector for Travelers Insurance, and if your home is vacant for more than 30 days, you are required to cut your water off or keep the heat on, otherwise, the loss is considered negligence by the homeowner and the loss is not covered.

sucks for him.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                  X