PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Willis may slip even farther than 15 if we don't pick him

BILLSROCK1212
03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Panthers | Sources indicate Panthers leaning towards receiver in NFL Draft
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:54:57 -0700

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, citing unnamed sources from teams drafting near the Panthers in the 2007 NFL Draft order, reports the Carolina Panthers are rumored to be leaning in the direction of a wide receiver with the No. 14 overall pick in the draft.

If we trade back and draft Willis how far do you think we'll trade back and how much do you think we will recieve for trading back in the 1st round? Maybe we can fill all of our needs in the first 2 or 3 rounds.......we'll have to wait and see....

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 03:36 PM
If we want Willis, we better not trade down at all.

He's a threat to go any pick after us.. The Rams like him, Carolina likes him and I'm sure there are teams drafting after us that would trade up to take him at a certain point.

We cant assume teams are going to all stand pat and whomever we want may fall to us.

It doesnt matter anyway though becuase we're drafting Lynch ;)

Tatonka
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
i would puke if he got past us and new england traded up a few spots to grab him.

:mad:

casdhf
03-19-2007, 03:46 PM
It's all moot, because we're picking him

Saratoga Slim
03-19-2007, 04:15 PM
It doesnt matter anyway though becuase we're drafting Lynch ;)

If we pick Lynch...............it's because OBD has interviewed him and is confident he's at least somewhat less of an asshat than his predecessor. In which case I'm on board, and I'll be OK with waiting for Beason/Alexander in the 2nd round.

Tatonka
03-19-2007, 04:16 PM
alexander is a better pick for us.

willis is a MLB.. we have our starting MLB already. his name is Crowell.

Saratoga Slim
03-19-2007, 04:17 PM
If we want Willis, we better not trade down at all.

He's a threat to go any pick after us.. The Rams like him, Carolina likes him and I'm sure there are teams drafting after us that would trade up to take him at a certain point.

We cant assume teams are going to all stand pat and whomever we want may fall to us.

this is exactly how we ended up with Whitner at #8 last year, and McCargo. I think its fair to say that Marv is on board with this philosophy.

ShadowHawk7
03-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Using Whitner as the perfect example, the Bills have shown that they won't trade down and risk not getting that player they want in exchange for more value. If they want Willis, he'll be ours at 12.

Bert102176
03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
I think if we don't draft him that he will slip all the way to NE most of the other teams will be looking for a OLB more or other positions for there more pressing needs and then NE takes him.

Michael82
03-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Check out Vic Carucci's latest mock draft. If we don't take Willis, he COULD fall all the way down to New England at #24. What a steal that would be! :ill:

12. Buffalo: Marshawn Lynch (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/lynch_marshawn), RB, California
After shipping Willis McGahee to Baltimore, the Bills have a crying need at running back. If they determine they don't have a satisfactory replacement for Nate Clements, they could go with Michigan cornerback Leon Hall. The Bills also will likely consider Mississippi inside linebacker Patrick Willis to replace another free-agent loss, London Fletcher.

24. **New England: Patrick Willis (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/willis_patrick), ILB, Mississippi
Willis shows excellent instincts and is a superb tackler, qualities that would seem to make him right at home in a complex scheme that needs some youth and depth at inside linebacker.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10070047

jamze132
03-20-2007, 03:52 PM
alexander is a better pick for us.

willis is a MLB.. we have our starting MLB already. his name is Crowell.
I think Crowell can play the middle just fine but you have to weigh the options of drafting a MLB such as Willis and keeping Crowell on the outside or drafting an OLB and putting Crowell in the middle. It comes down to which option makes our defense better.

After the 1st round of the draft, we will know which route the FO is taking. I think either Lynch or Willis will be the pick.