PDA

View Full Version : Let's not forget last years draft

justasportsfan
03-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Cutler, Lienert, Bunkley, Ngata, Youboty, etc, were all expected to be drafted higher from where they were picked. Should be interesting who drops this year.

So all the so called experts are going to be wrong again this year.

Who's your pick?

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Anybody except LEon Hall, any CB or Paul "Pause" Posloszny.

justasportsfan
03-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Anybody except LEon Hall, any CB or Paul "Pause" Posloszny.

I meant who do you think will fall in the draft? I have a feeling, Peterson won't be drafted as high as everyone thinks he will.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 04:36 PM
BTW..

I think Winston Justice dropped more than anybody.. there was legit talk about him being our 8th pick especially coming from Sir Ice a Lot...; in fact I fought with Spicey Icy and got suspended over that.

Anyway, Justice didnt get picked until Rd 2 (39) by Philly.

I think you'll see more of the same this year; but DEs and WRs are the two spots I think can fall the most; and we're not taking any of them.

I think this draft is much more clear cut than last year,(for Buffalo) because the team has an identity (sorta) on what kind of football team they want to become.

Either Okoye, Willis or Lynch will be the pick at 12.. I dont see how it could be anyone else if we don't move; unless Peterson slips, then I GUARENTEE YOU Marv will draft him within 23 seconds of being on the clock.. GUARENTEED

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I meant who do you think will fall in the draft? I have a feeling, Peterson won't be drafted as high as everyone thinks he will.
* If Peterson doesnt go at 3 he can be around longer than people expected.

* Not likely but there is an outside shot that Brady Quinn could see what happened to Leinart last year happen to him.

* If Branch doesnt go to Washington at 6, he could drop out of the top 12 altogether.

* Levi Brown is iffy.. some project him at 8, some think he'll last til the later part of the mid-first round.

*Carriker could go as high as 10 (Atlanta) or slip all the way til like 19-20.

*Leon Hall is a huge mystery.

* So are ALL of the WRs and TE GReg Olsen.

I do agree some weird **** could hapen in the draft; but not for Buffalo.. Their needs and priorities are pretty well cut up.. Its 100% Peterson if he slips, if not. It has to be Willis, Okoye or Lynch.

I'll probably start a riot with this; but if LaRon Landry was still on the board at 12 I'd have a VERY hard time passing him up, I dont care if we have Ko Simpson at safety already. He's TOO GOOD to not take.

venis2k1
03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
there are only 2 positons we shouldnt draft in the first round, Punter and Saftey. however some depth at saftey is sorley needed, especially if wire is gonna stay at LB.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 04:53 PM
there are only 2 positons we shouldnt draft in the first round, Punter and Saftey. however some depth at saftey is sorley needed, especially if wire is gonna stay at LB.
Landry would get drafted by the Bills today and he'd be the best safety on the team TOMMOROW.

MOve whitner to corner, I don't care what you do.. Landry is a ball hawking ****ing animal who will also take somenone's head off over the middle.

venis2k1
03-19-2007, 05:05 PM
i havent really watched alot of LaRon Landry, so i cant really argue about his skills, but comon, be real for a second. put down the crack pipe and think about what your saying.

X-Era
03-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Cutler, Lienert, Bunkley, Ngata, Youboty, etc, were all expected to be drafted higher from where they were picked. Should be interesting who drops this year.

So all the so called experts are going to be wrong again this year.

Who's your pick?

I think Peterson is the quandry. His injury question mark could have him falling.

justasportsfan
03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
* If Peterson doesnt go at 3 he can be around longer than people expected.

He could very well be this years Aaron Rogers but not due to his lack of talent but durability.

venis2k1
03-19-2007, 05:32 PM
cant see the texans passing him up.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 06:06 PM
i havent really watched alot of LaRon Landry, so i cant really argue about his skills, but comon, be real for a second. put down the crack pipe and think about what your saying.

ask around this board.

Laron Landry is the ****ing ****, and you'll be hard pressed to find many people who wouldn't want him on this team, regardless of "need"

Did you watch Indy's defense before/after Bob Sanders this past season?

Landry and Whitner would be sickening in the secondary. Ko Simpson isn't a bad player at all, but he's a fourth rounder and he's very raw. He was forced into the lineup last year.

Landry barring injury will be spending many Februarys in Hawaii.

Not saying he will be the pick (think he's gone) or I"d be pissed if we didnt take him. Im saying you wouldnt hear a negative word out of my mouth if we did.