• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

New England's take on Price move...

ok, I guess I'm not the only one who thought getting rid of Price was a dumb move. Pats fans around here think it wasn't wise either, including the best football coach around here! Although I disagreed with him when he said Price was better than Moulds, he has a valid question, which is...

Who's going to replace the speed that Price had?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

ps.. read about the other 10 posts on this..

we are not going to be a pass oriented offense anymore.. most teams dont have 2 stud wrs.. we have moulds.. henry will get the ball more.. and reed will step in and do fantastic..

who the hell cares what a NE fan think.. lol
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
      Expert on Experts
      • Jul 2002

Mybills, I too am dissapointed about losing the speed of Price. BUt I think Reed will be a decent replacement, and i hope we can get another decent WR.

But answer me this: if you had to pick between Price and Spikes, who would you pick? I would take spikes.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

These "fans" make it seem as if the Bills had a choice. Price made it very clear that he did not want to remain in Buffalo. I think we can all agree with Tom's call to not pay 2 WR primetime money. That would simpy be cap ludicrous. TD persued with the best interst of the team and even selflessly worked with Atlanta's front office to get the deal done. Price should be thankful for the depth of profesionalism this team possess.

We now have a #1 pick in the draft this year(even after trading it for Bledsoe last year)....We instantly beefed up the D, and now TD is filling in the appropriate holes to solidify an already playoff caliber team. If the Bills had to pay the 5.5 to Price for one year of play time, the defense would have suffered miserably.

It's all a big chess game. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the rook in order to check the king.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

The NE fans are trying to justify losing their REAL QB. They need to point at another team and try to expose them for mistakes the Patriots have actually commited. Simple projection. We all do it all the time in order to make ourself feel better.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
            • Jul 2002

Not to worry, we'll find somebody.
            Maybe the replacement:
            a. Has more maturity and is less flag prone.
            b. Puts out a more consistent performance week-week/year- year, not just contract years.
            c. Blocks adequately, or even at all.
            d. Spends his time preparing for the next play instead of trash talking for three hours.
            e. Is more team oriented and less egocentric.

Whomever he is, he has already made one important contribution. He's allowed us to be serious players in the FA'gency market, and from where I sit, thats been a pretty good contribution so far.

WTH do the Patriots know about wide recievers?
            Last edited by Captain gameboy; 03-10-2003, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gameboy

WTH do the Patriots know about wide recievers?

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

Giving more carries to Henry would be the worst thing we could possibly do for the future of this team ... he already had a huge workload last year and if we give him the ball significanlty more this year, i guarantee in two or three years time he'll be struggling to hit 1200 yards per year ... ask any Colts fan what it feels like to burn a RB out by the time his 4th year comes around.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

This is Buffalo Bills were talking about who gives a rats arse what other fans think about our team they are inferior to us anyway!:) Go Bills!

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
                    Giving more carries to Henry would be the worst thing we could possibly do for the future of this team ... he already had a huge workload last year and if we give him the ball significanlty more this year, i guarantee in two or three years time he'll be struggling to hit 1200 yards per year ... ask any Colts fan what it feels like to burn a RB out by the time his 4th year comes around.
                    I think you are the only person who does not think that Henry was underutilized last year. This is the smartest thing we will ever do. The road to the super bowl begins with good rushing and Defense. We just about got our D fixed now we have to work on our running attack which even though did well last year could have been a lot better. Sorry I must disagree and I am sure many others do to.
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Henry received far fewer carries than he sould have. We're asking for 25 carries per game, not 40. Your 1st running back should always average 25-30 carries. This isn't a "burnout" load, it's average!

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

I agree TedMock, IMO Henry doesen't really get going until he has had at least 15-20 carries or so. He can definately handle a heavier load next season.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                          • Jul 2002

Good points!

Henry averaged only 22 carries! That was an average!

He had over 30 carries only twice and over 22 only three more times. He had 15 or fewer carries in 6 games and less than 20 carries in 8 games, or half our season.

No one is saying he should run the ball 40 times a game as TedMock said, but dropping back to throw nearly 45 times a game on average has got to change.
                          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                            • Jul 2002

Between Henry and Bledsoe we had approximately a 2-1 play ratio. That's ridiculous and won't get us anywhere. We need to close that down to 55/45 or so. Say we run 60 plays, 32 pass, 28 run is a good goal on average. Obviously games in which we're ahead late we run more and games in which we're behind, LOL, we pass more.
                            Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                              • Jul 2002

No one in the league averages 25 carries a game. I would doubt more than a handful in history have. That's 400 carries. Two players averaged just under 24 I think last year, which led the league. LT and RW.

Comment

Working...
                              X