PDA

View Full Version : Umm.. Ok Maybe Willis is NOT the pick after all..

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Bills | Crowell most likely to replace Fletcher-Baker
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:31:41 -0700
Chris Brown, of <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/124">BuffaloBills.com, reports Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) LB Angelo Crowell (http://www.kffl.com/player/6084/nfl) is the odds-on favorite to replace LB London Fletcher-Baker (http://www.kffl.com/player/183/nfl) (Redskins) in the middle of the Bills' defense. His teammates believe Crowell will certainly fill the leadership void left by Fletcher-Baker.

patmoran2006
03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
If they aint taking Willis, Id' be lying if I said that I hope Okoye doesnt get snagged up before us... I just find it so hard to fathom we'd take a DT anyway, after all we invested in McCargo and Tripplett not to mention Kyle Williams' emergence.

Id really like Peterson or Lynch.. THis offense NEEDS a stud back since its lacking any kind of real support case for Evans and Losman.

All I know is this FO is ******ed if they take a DE (after paying Kelsay) or a CB at 12.

BILLSROCK1212
03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Alan Branch?

justasportsfan
03-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Marv said the bills need to run and stop the run. He has partly addressed the run by signing FA's but still doesn't have the rb.

He hasn't done anything about stopping the run. Whether they think the answer is the lb'er or the Dt remains to be seen.

My guess is, the rb and DT/LB will be addressed by the time camp starts.

casdhf
03-19-2007, 05:21 PM
odds on favorite doesnt mean anything. What do you want them to say? "Bills will draft Willis to replace Fletcher"

Ed
03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
odds on favorite doesnt mean anything. What do you want them to say? "Bills will draft Willis to replace Fletcher"
Yeah, they definitely seemed to leave the door open to Crowell still playing on the outside. I think the point was more that he was going to have to step up into more of a leadership type role.

I thought it was kind of strange that they didn't mention Takeo at all.

Ed
03-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm referring to the article about Crowell on buffalobills.com btw.

BAM
03-19-2007, 05:45 PM
The more I read about these players and our situation, the more I hope we draft Marshawn Lynch with our first pick.

Tatonka
03-19-2007, 05:46 PM
did you think i was lying pat? i mean i quoted dick jauron for god sakes..

Mudflap1
03-19-2007, 05:48 PM
did you think i was lying pat? i mean i quoted dick jauron for god sakes..

I know! I've been doing the same thing, and it's as if everyone is just ignoring what our own guys are saying. JAURON HAS BEEN SAYING CROWELL IS LIKELY TO PLAY MLB, MORE THAN ONCE. That's pretty clear.

Jon

Ed
03-19-2007, 05:54 PM
I know! I've been doing the same thing, and it's as if everyone is just ignoring what our own guys are saying. JAURON HAS BEEN SAYING CROWELL IS LIKELY TO PLAY MLB, MORE THAN ONCE. That's pretty clear.

Jon
It makes sense that he would say that even if we are planning on drafting Willis. It's not like he's gonna say we like Angelo on the outside so we'll look to draft a MLB.

As of right now, we only have 3 guys that have been starters, Crowell, Spikes and Ellison. Crowell is the logical choice to move since he's a former MLB and most likely our best LB right now.

I think Willis is still definitely a possibility, but my guess at this point is that there are a few OLB's the Bills are targeting after RD 1.

BAM
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey Pat I like your sig man. Just noticed it.

Willis McGay-who?

Mudflap1
03-19-2007, 06:04 PM
RD 1: DT
RD 2: RB or OLB
RD 3: RB or OLB (whichever wasn't picked)
RD 3: WR

BPA thereafter

Jon

Tatonka
03-19-2007, 06:10 PM
i really feel like WR is going to be our pick.

I just cant see the bills drafting another DT or CB high after just doing that last year to plan for this year.

WR or RB seems to be the logical choice.

and based on versatility, i could really see them going with a guy like Leonard at FB/RB too.. and then maybe a scat back type like pittman or booker.

TacklingDummy
03-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I hope Marv throws another curveball and picks a WR with the first pick.

Luisito23
03-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I hope Marv throws another curveball and picks a WR with the first pick.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that either.....:beers:....Could be a lot more fun to watch us play next year....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

ShadowHawk7
03-19-2007, 07:51 PM
At this point, I wouldn't mind that. But I'd rather get a potential franchise back in Peterson or Lynch, or Willis to solidify our front 7 instead.

ublinkwescore
03-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I don't care, I trust in marv - blindly, even, and I couldn't care less about the negative nancys on this board.

jpdex12
03-19-2007, 08:20 PM
I hope that we trade down a few spots and still get Lynch while pikcing up another 3rd round pick for trading down tha we can put with another 3rd round pick of our and trade into the second round at least.

1st
2a
2b

Something like this. More picks would be nice!

Don't Panic
03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Here's the link to the full article:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4669

This clarifies nothing... just that Crowell will be running the defense. Willis very well still could be the pick.