• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Jackson pumped up

Encouraging news...

"JACKSON PUMPED UP: Of all the players I saw at One Bills Drive today, the guy that has transformed his body the most from the end of last year was RB Fred Jackson. He bulked up some up top and feels comfortable with the extra muscle he's carrying. I'll have a story on him later this week on the home page."

I'm ready to hand him the feature back role... agreed? Seriously though, could be a contender for some carries. We'll see....
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Jackson pumped up

I honestly doubt it. Unless he gets the 3rd RB spot and Shaud gets cut. A-Train is the #1b and someone else will be #1a.

D & S Sports

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

He'll get the chance to prove it at training camp.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
        Unless he gets the 3rd RB spot and Shaud gets cut.
        That has such a nice ring to it.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

Isn't Shaud good on special teams?
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Lookout NFLE!!!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Undrafted FAs have made impacts in the past, who knows? Why not Fred Jackson?

Pat Williams ------> UDFA from Texas A&M

Comment

• Meathead
                Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                • Jul 2002

its going to come down between him and shaud for rb3

thomas and a first day pick will platoon and then theyll have rb3 and fb1
                One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  Undrafted FAs have made impacts in the past, who knows? Why not Fred Jackson?
                  extremely uncommon for the rb spot

ol is a diff story, lotso stories there
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

I hope he makes the game day squad. I like the guy.

Comment

• venis2k1
                      Youboty can hope
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                      extremely uncommon for the rb spot

ol is a diff story, lotso stories there
                      Priest Holmes, Willie Parker, Mike Bell, Dominic Rhodes all undrafted, im sure there are a few more that im missing...
                      Last edited by venis2k1; 03-19-2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                        • Aug 2002

How about Jason Peters? Undrafted FA signed as a TE, no less.
                        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by venis2k1
                          Priest Holmes, Willie Parker, Mike Bell, Dominic Rhodes all undrafted, im sure there are a few more that im missing...

Comment

• Don't Panic
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Dec 2005

To me this, is all the more reason to go Leonard. That gives us a FB and gives Jackson a chance to show what he's worth. It also means Sahud can make the final cut. I just don't want to see Leonard at the 2nd we have now... I wish Marv had the cajons to trade down the first and pick up a late 2nd. We could really walk away from the draft with some weapons if that were the case (five 1st day picks).

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

Jackson didn't look bad last preseason after playing a whole NFLE season, so IMHO he's worth a look. I seriously doubt that he's a guy who would end up earning the majority of the touches out of the backfield, but he could be a useful contributor in the mold of a Willie Parker (before he moved up the depth chart) or Verron Hayes, etc.

I love Shaud Williams--the guy has worked hard to overcome a lot of adversity just to get a spot on the Bills roster and he has some quickness and speed that the Bills could use (better than they have, perhaps). But, Shaud is a really small guy, which limits what he is able to do for the team on offense and on special teams. Being bigger and stronger, Jackson may be able to contribute in more ways than S.Williams can in both areas. And, if he can, I don't see why he shouldn't have a chance to make the team and play some if needed. Just because the guy came out of a D-II or D-III school and needed some time to develop as a player, that doesn't mean that he can't play or never is going to have enough ability to play. Who knows? While I wouldn't expect him to suddenly pop out and be a guy that the Bills would rely on to be their primary RB, there's no reason to say at this point that he can't contribute or help the team as a RB. That's something that he should be given a chance to prove.

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                              To me this, is all the more reason to go Leonard. That gives us a FB....
                              I'll be happy regardless of how the Bills choose to go, but Leonard is the guy that I would like to see them get in the early 3rd round.

Leonard really isn't a franchise back or a speed guy, but he's a good blocker and receiver. Even though he's pretty much a straight-line runner and very similar to A.Thomas, he would not be a bad guy to pair with A-Train for a year because he can be both a RB and FB. More importantly, he would be a superb complement to a smaller, speedy franchise RB were the Bills to draft one early on in next year's draft, which figures to feature several such backs, like S.Slaton, R.Rice, J.Davis, and perhaps F.Jones, etc.

I wouldn't argue if the Bills were to decide to go with Lynch (if they really love him) or Irons or Pittman, but I'm coming to think the Leonard might be a pretty good option for them if they can get him in the third round (I would prefer to see the Bills go defense with their first two picks and, while I had some serious doubts about Leonard as a pro, he's changed my mind a lot about what he might be able to do for a team like the Bills).
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X