PDA

View Full Version : If Adrian Peterson falls to us...

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I'd love to rob somebody blind and trade down a few spots and take Marshawn Lynch instead, assuming of course the Packers like Peterson more.

I don't really want Peterson and don't want to be forced to take him.

Speaking of which, if we skip over Peterson you know the media will blow up that Marv is senile thing again. :ill:

Devin
03-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Dude are you nuts Peterson is really good! And Durable to! lol.

:rolleyes:

Id like to see us trade down regardless.

The Spaz
03-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Dude Peterson is a freaking beast. I would be happy as **** if he fell to us and we took him.

OpIv37
03-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Remember when McGahee first came back from his injury and every time he got up slowly after a play, Bills nation collectively gasped at the thought of his injury recurring? And how that lasted a season and a half? I really don't want to go through that again.

I wouldn't mind having him based on talent alone, but he does have durability issues and like Miyagi said, we might be able to rob someone blind. If he does fall to us, I'd hope Marv at least entertains offers.

That being said, if he falls to 10 or 11, those teams might have the same idea.

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Not sure about that. Once he falls past Houston, we're the next team that would take him unless of course somebody saw him as the next Reggie Bush. Teams that want him and are below us may considering trading up to take him, but what if we let it out that we don't want him and want to trade down? I'm sure someone will pay through the nose.

venis2k1
03-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Remember when McGahee first came back from his injury and every time he got up slowly after a play, Bills nation collectively gasped at the thought of his injury recurring? And how that lasted a season and a half? I really don't want to go through that again.

thats like comparing apples and oranges. im supprised willis is still able to walk after what happened to him.

gr8slayer
03-19-2007, 11:48 PM
I'll still take Lynch over Peterson.

camelcowboy
03-19-2007, 11:53 PM
If buffalo is position to have a choice between one of the two then its a good draft for us then.

mchurchfie
03-20-2007, 12:00 AM
**** Willis. He is an overhyped bust who never was the same after his injury.

camelcowboy
03-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Hell, in this draft if bowe drops to anywhere close to 30 i would love to see the bills trade up to draft him. Peterson and Bowe, that would be sick.

Buffalogic
03-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Sorry but you've gotta be crazy to not want Adrian Peterson at 12. The guy is a fantastic running back and I can see him being a realiable pass catcher out of the backfield. The dudes most recent injury was a broken collar bone. That's hardly an injury that is difficult to come back from. So comparing him to McGahee is not really applicable.

Adrian Peterson would do great on any team and besides I think management has their eye on him. Him falling to 12 is a dream scenario for the bills.

YardRat
03-20-2007, 05:49 AM
Houston won't pass on a big-name RB two years in a row, IMO.

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Not unless Quinn falls to them too.

Canadian'eh!
03-20-2007, 09:16 AM

The passed on Bush because they liked Dominack Davis (who missed the year but should be back).... Then they signed Green, who is 29 to a fairly good size deal. Plus they even resigned Dayne.

They have about 20 other holes to fill, including QB, #2WR, OL, plus half their D still stinks.... I can't see how RB is a top priority int his draft for them.

I'd be surprised if they went RB, not that they won't but what has changed this year that makes them go RB after passing on BUSH last year?

Canadian'eh!
03-20-2007, 09:23 AM
And that being said.... I like Peterson a LOT... and would be thrilled if he dropped to 12. He showed great hands at his pro-day, even though he wasn't used as a reciever at Oklahoma. He does well in pass-blocking although he needs more coaching. The big thing is he is a hard worker and willing to learn.

His injuries were unluck but ntohing you worry about being problematic. A broken collarbone is nothing unless you're Charles Rodgers. the other was a sprained ankle. Again... nothing to think it might be something that is persistent.

But he's a DOMINANT runner... not like Reggie Bush, But he's more physical and has the speed to break away... would be great behind our revamped, big line.

Michael82
03-20-2007, 11:15 AM
No matter what, I want to see them trade down and get another 3rd rounder or hopefully a 2nd rounder. :pray:

I'd love to trade down and get Timmons or Lynch.

Romes
03-20-2007, 11:23 AM
IMO, if Peterson is there we take him before the NFL can has time to put us on the clock.

Mitchy moo
03-20-2007, 11:47 AM
IMO, if Peterson is there we take him before the NFL can has time to put us on the clock.

bingo, I with you. Did you see that video of him, the kids a gamer. We need a gamer behind center and another gamer by him behind our massive line.