X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZacGriffi~82
    • Jun 2003

Interest in Pittman

Another Ohio St player who could have separated himself from the pack is RB Antonio Pittman who chose only to weigh in and stand on the rest of his combine numbers. While tit will not effect his stock much many were hoping to see Antonio attempt to make a statement and back his belief that he is a round 1 prospect. Word has it Pittman did impress during his interviews and was seen in lengthy conversations with representatives from the Green Bay Packers, Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers.

www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Interest in Pittman

Unless we trade down, HELL NO.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

If we take willis or okoye, bowe, then im done with him in the second or third.

Comment

• clumping platelets

He's a Bills fan and patterns his play after some guy named Thurman

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

Pittman is a good kid

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Aug 2004

I could see the Bills taking him if he lasts until the early third round.

As I recall, they talked with Irons at the Senior Bowl (Chris Brown wrote an article about the Irons brothers and mentioned them in his blog). And, now, this report about them talking to Pittman. Taking these two things into consideration, it would seem to me that the Bills are looking (hoping, perhaps) to be able to take an RB later on the first day rather than with their # 12 pick in the first round.
            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
              Pittman is a good kid
              I never thought he was special early on and on the small side at 5-11 195 lbs. But he put on muscle, boosting his weight to 207-210 and made a dramatic improvement in the last year.

Not a lot of wiggle to him... mainly a straight ahead north/south runner, although he is very good at cutting sharply back inside. He can bounce to the outside but doesn't fear running between the tackles at all. Follows his blocks well and doesn't hesitate at the LOS, which would be a big change from #21 stopping flat footed while waiting for the parting of the red sea. He does run with a passion and isn't worried about style points. Breaks a lot of tackles and forget about arm tackling him. Surprising power.

Not asked to block much or catch the ball very often, although he does have good hands. Will have to work on pass blocking.

He's been very durable, unlike Peterson of Oklahoma, Bush of Louisville and Irons of Auburn. He also may have his best football ahead of him and is not already beat to a pulp. If he does get into the secondary, look out. He broke some big ones for the distance this year and threw down a 4.41 at the combine.

Our pick in Round 2 ? Could be. Peterson,Lynch,Pittman,Bush,Irons,Jackson of Nebraska and Leonard of Rutgers are the top guys. One of these guys should be a Buffalo Bill and the Bills won't role the dice on anyone with durability or off-field concerns, which could eliminate Peterson (durability), Lynch (off-field), Irons (durability) & Bush (durability). That may leave Buffalo looking at Pittman, Jackson and Leonard in Round 2 or 3. Just making an educated guess.

Pittman is definitely one of the ones.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                • Jun 2003

If we were to pick him it would have to be in round 2.
                www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  The BIG neg on Pittman in scouting reports I've seen is that he can't block and shows little aptitude to want to learn how to block. That's one thing Thurman did about as well as any back that size has ever done. That's what Pittman has to show me that he intends to change.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    The BIG neg on Pittman in scouting reports I've seen is that he can't block and shows little aptitude to want to learn how to block. That's one thing Thurman did about as well as any back that size has ever done. That's what Pittman has to show me that he intends to change.
                    I think Troy Smith would disagree with that

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      All of a sudden I'm an Antonio Pittman fan.
                      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

He is the one RB I want smart, well spoken and no durability or character issues! Plus he is from Ohio so he will be close to home and is used to the cold! Try to remember that when we draft (Willis never wanted to be here, at least that's my take).

Comment

Working...
                        X