PDA

View Full Version : I happened to catch Chris Henry last night on ESPN News..

Earthquake Enyart
03-20-2007, 08:58 AM
Normally this is the kind of guy I don't like. Not real productive in college, weird hair...

But he tore up the combine and ran a real fast 40. He might be the perfect counterpart for the A Train.

He came off as intelligent and was a good interview.

Don't Panic
03-20-2007, 09:02 AM
I went to U of A and follow the football team pretty well. Although henry isn't quite a cancer, I know that there were a lot of chemistry issues with him. Plus, on the field, he was far from spectacular. He had a great combine, and that could fool a lot of teams into taking him, but he's not worth it IMO.

Earthquake Enyart
03-20-2007, 09:02 AM
He seemed to have a few good games toward the end of the year when they gave him the ball...

streetkings01
03-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Stay far far away from combine phenoms! A players draft status should be determined by what they have done during their college career not what did at the combine!

The Spaz
03-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Erik Flowers...?

DraftBoy
03-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Do any of you guys look at his stats and how his numbers increased when given carries? How is a guy supposed to produce when he's given limited carries? The Erik Flowers comparisons are not warranted.

The Spaz
03-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Do any of you guys look at his stats and how his numbers increased when given carries? How is a guy supposed to produce when he's given limited carries? The Erik Flowers comparisons are not warranted.

In your opinion. Besides I was responding to the previous post that talked about combine phenoms.

The Spaz
03-20-2007, 09:21 AM

It does make you wonder why he didn't get the opportunities in the first place.

DraftBoy
03-20-2007, 09:25 AM

Yes because coaches dont ever play favorites and th fact that he was behind a senior to begin with could have nothing to do with it

DraftBoy
03-20-2007, 09:27 AM
In your opinion. Besides I was responding to the previous post that talked about combine phenoms.

Well no not my opinion Flowers produced and had good numbers with a good combine, Henry didnt have great numbers, but had a good combine, like I said the comparisons are not warranted.

Earthquake Enyart
03-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Erik Flowers...?
I'm talking about a second day pick, not a first rounder.

The Spaz
03-20-2007, 09:30 AM
Well no not my opinion Flowers produced and had good numbers with a good combine, Henry didnt have great numbers, but had a good combine, like I said the comparisons are not warranted.

Flowers was beast at the combine and so was Henry but whatever...lol.

The Spaz
03-20-2007, 09:31 AM
I see Henry being drafted no higher than the 3rd round.

jdbillsfan
03-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Everyone that has followed Arizona football has nothing good to say about him. He was not a presence on the field, chemistry issues, etc.

I wouldn't want to spend a 1st day pick on him.

Don't Panic
03-20-2007, 09:49 AM

He didn't get the opportunities because he has always been one of a number of average backs in U of A's stable. He had a few good games at the end of the year, but I think that was more of a pre-draft showing than a every down showing.

alohabillsfan
03-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Looks like Tarzan... Plays like Jane...

Earthquake Enyart
03-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Maybe the coach is a douche. Who knows?

DraftBoy
03-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Flowers was beast at the combine and so was Henry but whatever...lol.

Flowers also produced in college and thats why he was considered a borderline 1st round pick before the combine. Henry is a borderline Day 1 pick even now, who didnt really produce in college in bunches. So like I said twice now previous the Erik Flowers comparisons are not warranted.

The Spaz
03-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Flowers also produced in college and thats why he was considered a borderline 1st round pick before the combine. Henry is a borderline Day 1 pick even now, who didnt really produce in college in bunches. So like I said twice now previous the Erik Flowers comparisons are not warranted.

So he could be worse then a Erik Flowers?:snicker:

DraftBoy
03-20-2007, 10:21 AM
So he could be worse then a Erik Flowers?:snicker:

Yes of course! :respect: