PDA

View Full Version : The draft verse curret roster!

alohabillsfan
03-20-2007, 09:52 AM
As it stands right now we have...

5 CB's Day 1 Need
Greer Dime
Thomas Nickel
Yobouty CB
Mcgee CB
Bassey ?

4 Safeties Day 2 need (FS)
Whitner SS
Wire SS B/U
Simpson FS
Leonard ?

8 LB's Day 1 Pick ? on some guys, doing some research anyone else no anything?
Spikes SLB
Crowell MLB
Ellison WLB
Stamer ?
Haggan ?
Digiorgio ?
Harrision ?
Manning ?

6 DE's Stand Pat
Kelsay
Schobel
Hargove
Denney
Powell
Neil

DT Day 1 Pick Okoye at 12 or Marcus Thomas in 3rd
McCargo
Tripplett
Anderson Needs to Go
Jefferson
Williams

12 OLINE Stand Pat
Peters
Dockery
Fowler
Walker
Pennington
Butler
Preston
Whittle
Merz
Hand
Smith
Chambers

5 TE Day 2 pick?
Royal
Cieslak
Neufled
Everett
Murphy

6 WR stand pat
Evans
Price
Parrish
Aiken
Reed
Wilson

3 RB's Day 1 Pick minimum could draft 2
Thomas
Jackson
Williams

FB None!! Day 2 pick plus UDFA

3 QB's Stand Pat
Losman
Nall
Holcomb

So with all that said and done here are the "needs"... and who I like at our current draft position.

Day 1
DT
LB
CB
RB

Day 2
FB
FS
TE/RB

Here is the board in my order of preferance

12 DT Okoye, LB Willis, RB Lynch, CB Revis
43 CB McCauley, RB Bush, LB Siler, DT Tyler
74 RB Pittman, DT Thomas, OLB Durant, CB D. Hughes
92 LB Simpson, CB Bain, DT Mebane, RB Walker

Day 2
107 FS Ndukwe, TE Boss, FB Anderson
169 TE Allen, DB Stone, WR Fairooz
203 TE Robinson, DB Dahl, FB Snelling

T-Long
03-20-2007, 01:18 PM
Good stuff. But, Revis before Hall?

Michael82
03-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Good stuff. But, Revis before Hall?
Revis is flying up the boards after his workout. :up:

BILLSROCK1212
03-20-2007, 02:56 PM
i really am starting to like Marcus McCauley he used to be my favorite CB then he sort of fell of his bandwagon and now I have jumped right back on it I would love to have him as our 2nd round pick

tampabay25690
03-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I would love to see the Bills go after Okoye, or a CB in the 1st and come back and draft Brandon Siler in the 2nd and you have 2 starters to jump right in.....3rd round RB, TE, OLB....WOuld love to see the Bills really get the defense going especially in the 3 out of 4 picks but RB should be adressed also...

Tatonka
03-20-2007, 10:56 PM
damion hughes would be and absolute steal in the 3rd round and honestly, i think he is the absolute best fit for our defense. he lead the nation in ints.. he just ran a little slow.. but he is a baller. the kid can play.

i really hope we can get him with one of our third rounders, but i think he is a 2nd rounder for sure.

GarnOFreak
03-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Wire has been moved to WLB(he's the 2nd stringer behind Ellison now), so really we have 9LBs and only 3 Safeties....does that change your priorities?

LifetimeBillsFan
03-21-2007, 05:54 AM
This post reminded me of something that I hadn't really thought about:

With Nate Clements gone, Eric Bassey could become a important player for the Bills....

Bassey, at 6'1", 200, has great size for a CB--especially in the Tampa 2 scheme--and, as I recall, he was very fast coming out of college. If I remember correctly, the big knock on him--and the reason he went undrafted--was that he was very raw and inexperienced, not playing that much in college.

After a year on the practice squad, working with the coaches in the system, I wonder if Bassey has developed enough to be ready to challenge for some playing time this season. If he has developed to the point where he is no longer as raw as he used to be and the coaches feel that he would be capable of stepping up to the next level, that could have a significant impact on how the Bills approach the draft and what their priorities might be on Day One. For example: if the coaches like where Bassey is at, rather than spending a first day pick on a CB, who may or may not be able to contribute much as a rookie or who may or may not have the size or speed they want, the team could opt to use a later pick on a smaller school player who has the physical attributes that they are looking for, but who will take some time to develop.

Now, I don't know anything about how Bassey's development has been progressing or what the Bills' coaches are thinking with regard to him (and I seriously doubt that we will hear anything about this before Draft Day)--so this is all speculation at this point, but it is something to keep in mind as the Bills' draft unfolds.

alohabillsfan
03-21-2007, 06:53 AM
This post reminded me of something that I hadn't really thought about:

With Nate Clements gone, Eric Bassey could become a important player for the Bills....

Bassey, at 6'1", 200, has great size for a CB--especially in the Tampa 2 scheme--and, as I recall, he was very fast coming out of college. If I remember correctly, the big knock on him--and the reason he went undrafted--was that he was very raw and inexperienced, not playing that much in college.

After a year on the practice squad, working with the coaches in the system, I wonder if Bassey has developed enough to be ready to challenge for some playing time this season. If he has developed to the point where he is no longer as raw as he used to be and the coaches feel that he would be capable of stepping up to the next level, that could have a significant impact on how the Bills approach the draft and what their priorities might be on Day One. For example: if the coaches like where Bassey is at, rather than spending a first day pick on a CB, who may or may not be able to contribute much as a rookie or who may or may not have the size or speed they want, the team could opt to use a later pick on a smaller school player who has the physical attributes that they are looking for, but who will take some time to develop.

Now, I don't know anything about how Bassey's development has been progressing or what the Bills' coaches are thinking with regard to him (and I seriously doubt that we will hear anything about this before Draft Day)--so this is all speculation at this point, but it is something to keep in mind as the Bills' draft unfolds.

Good find!

Right now he is listed at 3rd on the depth chart at LCB.

Here is a take from last years combine...

CB Eric Bassey ~ Oklahoma -- NFL.com reported Bassey (5' 11-7/8", 195) ran 4.33 and 4.35 at the Sooners Pro Day. Bassey's sub 4.00 second short shuttle time, which mostly displays quickness, was very impressive also. This very athletic defensive back hasn’t had a very prolific career for the Sooners, but his gaudy showing at Pro Day probably put him solidly back on the NFL’s draft radar (Day 2) based on his size and speed alone.