PDA

View Full Version : Has Buffalo ever been considered to host the Super Bowl?

BAM
03-20-2007, 11:18 AM
?

Just curious.

Ed
03-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Not without a roof.

Devin
03-20-2007, 11:25 AM
Nope, I hear the weather is a little sketchy there in February.

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Never would happen.

BAM
03-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Sketchy weather in Buffalo?

So there's never been a Super Bowl in inclement weather before? What a bunch of pussies!

Meathead
03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
i would love to see the sb rotated to all nfl team cities but itll never happen. its now a corporate event and not a fan event

btw last years sb was a bad weather game. it was basically a monsoon

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Does anyone in the NFL even realize that Buffalo is still there? I love the way the look past us ALL THE TIME.

BAM
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
Reason I ask... a coworker of mine was talking about NY and DC being tossed around as possible future sites. I'm guessing their weather could be nasty in Feb. as well.

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Neither will get one either if you ask me.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-20-2007, 11:46 AM
There is no way Buffalo can host a Super Bowl. Not only would it be an outdoor championship which they would not want, but the city couldn't house and accomodate the amount of people that would be coming in town.

Mudflap1
03-20-2007, 11:59 AM
if NYC's new stadium will have a retractable roof, then NYC is a real likelihood.

Jon

patmoran2006
03-20-2007, 12:00 PM
At this point, I'd just love to consider playing in one.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-20-2007, 12:02 PM
DC could probably get one and so could NY because Snyder could write a check and slap on a retractable roof to FedEx field within a few months. I'm actually surprised he hasn't done this already. NY could as well especially if they get a retractable roof. Buffalo? No, for the same reason Chicago, KC, Denver and Seattle never would. No domes and too friggin cold in winter.

BILLSROCK1212
03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
DC could probably get one and so could NY because Snyder could write a check and slap on a retractable roof to FedEx field within a few months. I'm actually surprised he hasn't done this already. NY could as well especially if they get a retractable roof. Buffalo? No, for the same reason Chicago, KC, Denver and Seattle never would. No domes and too friggin cold in winter.
NJ will not get a retractable roof according to the new stadium plans

RedEyE
03-20-2007, 12:20 PM
There is no way Buffalo can host a Super Bowl. Not only would it be an outdoor championship which they would not want, but the city couldn't house and accomodate the amount of people that would be coming in town.

But they'd have several years to prepare.

RedEyE
03-20-2007, 12:22 PM
I think that it should be held in the stadium of the Super Bowl bound team with the better record (tie breakers and all considered). If they went by these rules in the 80s-90s then Buffalo would have played host to 2 Championships and the city and bussiness owners alike could have actually profited from the success.

PromoTheRobot
03-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Buffalo is listed as a possible Super Bowl site in the event every other stadium in the USA, Canada, and Europe is destroyed by earthquake or other natural disaster. And only if hell is not available.

I mean really! What is there to do in Buffalo? I remember when the NCAA Frozen Four was at HSBC Arena. Fans were wandering around the arena astounded there was absolutely no place to go or nothing to do. Buffalo lacks enough hotels, night clubs, or fun activities. That's not even taking into account the lack of a dome and crappy weather.

Now...You could make Niagara Falls ON the official HQ of Super Bowl. There are enough activities there. But then you have the hassle of having to cross the border to get to the stadium.

Anyway you slice it, Buffalo is about the worst city that can host a Super Bowl.

PTR

DMBcrew36
03-20-2007, 03:22 PM
The city couldn't handle it. Buffalo is not developed or big enough to handle a Super Bowl.

Ultra Chimp 1
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Every city should get the SuperBowl.

And after 32 years, start over again.

Football is so big it wouldn't even matter if it was snowing. The ratings will be there and so will the advertising money.

I'd love to see a snowy championship game.

Tiburon1724
03-20-2007, 04:10 PM
I mean really! What is there to do in Buffalo? I remember when the NCAA Frozen Four was at HSBC Arena. Fans were wandering around the arena astounded there was absolutely no place to go or nothing to do. Buffalo lacks enough hotels, night clubs, or fun activities. That's not even taking into account the lack of a dome and crappy weather.

Anyway you slice it, Buffalo is about the worst city that can host a Super Bowl.

PTR

I think that title goes to the crappy city of Jacksonville - what a joke having the Super Bowl there was! The city was in no way equipped to host a Super Bowl. It's population is extremely misleading because it merged with Duval County to give it a population of 834,789. If Buffalo did the same, it's population would be 950,265. Anyway, there are tons of nightclubs, bars and restaurants in downtown Buffalo - hello, Chippewa???

Mudflap1
03-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Jacksonville was bad, but so was Detroit...

Jon

tampabay25690
03-20-2007, 05:13 PM
You kidding.......Do u know what Buffalo would have to do to get a Super Bowl.........1st thing HOTELS....I live in Tampa and they are doing things 4 years out to get ready for 2009......I dont think Buffalo could ever host an event that big especially with who runs are city........

tampabay25690
03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
i would love to see the sb rotated to all nfl team cities but itll never happen. its now a corporate event and not a fan event

btw last years sb was a bad weather game. it was basically a monsoon

Thats all it is corporations with $$ and the real fans sit at home watching there big screens...

tampabay25690
03-20-2007, 05:16 PM
I think that title goes to the crappy city of Jacksonville - what a joke having the Super Bowl there was! The city was in no way equipped to host a Super Bowl. It's population is extremely misleading because it merged with Duval County to give it a population of 834,789. If Buffalo did the same, it's population would be 950,265. Anyway, there are tons of nightclubs, bars and restaurants in downtown Buffalo - hello, Chippewa???

NOT even close..........The only thing good is the Ralph holds 70,000 +++++......Where is everyone gonna sleep the Hyatt and the Adams Mark in downtown........Just not enough room.....