PDA

View Full Version : Police Probe Reported Rape At Kerney's Home

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/20/bc.fbn.kerney.rapeinves.ap/index.html

Police are investigating a woman's report that she was sexually assaulted at the home of former Atlanta Falcons defensive end Patrick Kerney, although not by him.

Kerney, who recently signed a free agent deal with the Seattle Seahawks, has not been named as a suspect in episode which the 29-year-old woman said occurred early Sunday.

She told police she and some friends were at a bar in Atlanta's trendy Buckhead area and accepted a ride home from three men, WSB Television reported Monday. Once back at Kerney's home, the men were invited inside for drinks.

DraftBoy
03-20-2007, 12:46 PM
As of now Kerney is not a suspect in this case

BILLSROCK1212
03-20-2007, 01:06 PM
very strange....although Kerney seems to not have been involved Roger Goodell has to do something to stop all these crimes being made by NFL players this issue is becoming as big as the steroid issue in baseball and if I start hearing about it as frequently as steroids this will begin to totally turn me away from the game and maybe porfessional sports all together.

gr8slayer
03-20-2007, 01:12 PM
very strange....although Kerney seems to not have been involved Roger Goodell has to do something to stop all these crimes being made by NFL players this issue is becoming as big as the steroid issue in baseball and if I start hearing about it as frequently as steroids this will begin to totally turn me away from the game and maybe porfessional sports all together.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/20/nfl.discipline/index.html

Sounds like something is being done.

Gunzlingr
03-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Because this stuff doesn't happen in college sports?

casdhf
03-20-2007, 02:58 PM
I think its more of a lacrosse thing than a football thing, gunz.

schubbard
03-20-2007, 04:27 PM
If the article is correct, sound like all Kerney is guilty of is letting some friends stay (live?) in his house.

His friends went out, met some (aparently bad) guys, invited them home, and one friend ended up getting raped. Yes, Kerney's friends made some bad decisions (brought home a guy you picked up at a bar... not too smart...). But the criminal is the guy they brought home. Unless Kerney was involved in some way (which there is currently no indication that he was), all he did was have stupid (not even criminal) friends. Sounds like the police are handling the criminal side, so the NFL should stay out of it...

B-DON
03-20-2007, 06:31 PM
So every girl that brings a guy home from the bar is stupid? Get real. If I couldnt bring girls home from the bar, I would lose out on alot of you know what. Sometimes you just cant tell and yeas she should have been a little more careful but she just got raped and you are saying she is to blame. That is just wrong and ignorant.

schubbard
03-20-2007, 10:10 PM
In my opinion, picking up somebody at a bar and taking them home is stupid. Not really much different from picking up hitchhikers - unless you think you can pick out a criminal in an evening's (or less) conversation. Most rapes are committed by someone the victim knows. If they can't tell with someone they already know, how are they going to tell about a virtual stranger? If the reports are correct, this woman picked up a guy at a bar, accepted a ride home, invited him in, and fell asleep before asking him to leave… how much more high risk can you get? Does that mean she deserved to be raped? Absolutely not. Nobody deserves that. Hence the distinction in my post between "stupid" and "criminal."
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
B-don, I have no idea why you think I said she was to blame. If the reports are accurate, what she did was stupid, but what he did was criminal. Seems the "blame" should be assigned to the criminal.
<o:p> </o:p>
Bottom line, though, is none of this is the fault of the football player.